Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Does AG not reduce the chip enough?

It might if the Akuma had lvl 1 or 2 X-Factor, or if I used characters with decent health (using Zero/Dormammu/Wolverine) but even with constant AG through the beams they just eat my guys alive. When I'm sitting there like a buffoon blocking 3-4 straight it only gets worse. Pretty shameful, really.

Spider-Man is fun. Wesker is fun. Put them together, and you have resets all day. Viper is also fun. I need to stop putting Wesker on every team I make, but he's so nice :(

TBH, I'm no wonder at the game, but, I wouldn't put Zero first in any team unless the 2nd had a reliably safe super.. IMO he's better at 2nd, since he has an easy DHC in. Having Hulk first would give you gamma tsunami > sougenmu > lol which way am I teleporting > lol clone mix ups and psuedo unblockables.

Zero is beast on point. With drone support/beam assists, he can wreck pretty much any team with crossups/fake crossups/instant overheads/etc. I don't like clone super, the fact that it doesn't build meter kinda kills it for me. With a OTG assist he can also do the wesker mixup in the corner(otg>jump forward H> grab or H> follow up combo)

Some things I wanna ask:

--With regards to Morrigan, how long is "too long" a combo with her? Also I'd like to perfect her Mirror image combos. Also I have trouble getting inside safely on the ground with her (aside from airdash combos)

--With regards to Phoenix, what's considered a good "meter-building" team for her, ideally of the female persuasion. :D

--With regards to Hsien-Ko, what are some good BnB followups to Senbubu (her chain blade swing thing).

Also in general regarding combos...I have trouble with some of the particularly long ones, so I tend to stick with short ones and just string on the pressure if I can. Is that a bad idea or should I be learning long combos?

Some things I wanna ask:

--With regards to Morrigan, how long is "too long" a combo with her? Also I'd like to perfect her Mirror image combos. Also I have trouble getting inside safely on the ground with her (aside from airdash combos)

Is there even such a thing as a combo that is "too long?" I suppose a combo would be too long if the hitstun scaling kicked in and they dropped out of your combo before you finished it, or if you were trying to kill phoenix before she gains 5 meters

--With regards to Phoenix, what's considered a good "meter-building" team for her, ideally of the female persuasion. :D

Chun, morrigan(with meter assist), Tron, and Amaterasu build decent meter. Clockw0rk uses Amaterasu/Doom/Phoenix but his Doom kind of seems a bit unnecessary in my opinion. You could perhaps try Chun or Amaterasu first and put morrigan second with the meter building assist, since you seem to be interested in playing morrigan.

Also in general regarding combos...I have trouble with some of the particularly long ones, so I tend to stick with short ones and just string on the pressure if I can. Is that a bad idea or should I be learning long combos?

It's more an issue of the damage of the combos. If you could have killed a character with a longer combo but you did a shorter one, then you missed the opportunity and put yourself at risk. Even a character with .0001% HP left can get a random hit and 100% your character, especially with x-factor available, so you really want to kill their character if you have the chance to do so. Long combos also build more meter, which is something you will definitely want if you are planning to use a phoenix team with low-HP teammates (as most female characters are). Do note, however, that sometimes doing a shorter combo with less weak attacks will net you more damage overall but with potentially less meter gained, but if you kill a character it is probably worth it unless you really need the meter for dark phoenix or something.

This is a shitty video I made a little while ago for my shitty team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9KapsmlFzg

Watch a couple of the combos and notice how they inflict enough damage to kill most characters easily and build well over the 2 meters they spend by being so long. From the start of the round that means that I can burn all 3 meters to kill even Thor, the character who currently has the highest HP, off of almost any comboable hit. This is a bit of an atypical case since I built my team to focus on doing stupid damage off of everything at the expense of being an actually solid and well-rounded team, but it at least shows the potential benefits of learning your character's best/longest combos.

sorry for the wall of text but I am sitting in a hospital room with nothing better to do

Some things I wanna ask:

There is no such thing as too long a combo. Use assists to get in, and her airdash/dash.

Any character can build meter for phoenix. You can pretty much run anyone with phoenix.

No, you should totally stick to the short combos. Not learning longer and better combos is a really good idea. /sarcasm

I'd like some advice regarding Morrigan combos though, as they seem to string together easily for me on the ground, but not so easily in the air. I'd like to learn some of her clone combos (the "other" Darkness Illusion) that actually build meter enough to the point that I gain the meter that I lost with her. Also I have troubles with Hsien-ko's combos as well, as I'd like to maintain pressure with her and actually learn how to be good with her as well as Morrigan.

So basically I think my team would be Morrigan/Phoenix/Hsien-ko for now (my Alt being Wolverine/Zero/Dante or Ryu/Wolverine/Spider-Man)

I'm not sure she builds meter in clone mode. I could be wrong, but both Dante and Zero don't gain meter once they go in their super mode so I doubt morrigan would.

Hmm...I got at least One-meter's worth the last time I tried it with her. Then again the battle damage was cranked to lowest setting, so that might be part of the reason.

Morrigan overall does horrid damage so you are gonna wanna learn longer combos for her in order to hurt people lol

When you learn morrigan Combos I suggest making sure you learn the fly combos. They give her more damage and allows her to build a ton of meter. They arent exactly hard to do either. Just look on youtube for some of Morrigans combos. Believe me, they arent that hard

I know some people griped about the remixes and such from the OST of this game, but my subtle ears picked up a few things that maybe some people didn't notice.

Ryu's Theme > X-Men vs Street Fighter, other

Wolverine's Theme > Marvel vs Capcom

Chun-Li's Theme > X-Men vs Street Fighter, other

(the subtitle "Dream Position" comes from a rare vocal single version of the song)

Storm's Theme > X-Men vs Street Fighter

Nathan Spencer's Theme > Title from Bionic Commando (2009)

Spider-Man's Theme > Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel vs Capcom

Chris Redfield's Theme > "Pray" from Resident Evil 5, but has hints of other battle themes

Hulk's Theme > Marvel vs Capcom

Dante's Theme > Devil May Cry 3 (Ending Credits)

Deadpool's Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Trish's Theme > Devil May Cry (Ending Credits)

Phoenix's Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Viewtiful Joe's Theme > Viewtiful Joe (Joe the Hero Theme)

Captain America's Theme > Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

Morrigan's Theme > Vampire Hunter: Darkstalker's Revenge

Iron Man's Theme > "Theme of War Machine" Marvel vs Capcom

Haggar's Theme > "Slum Alleyway" from Final Fight

Thor's Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Felisha's Theme > Vampire Hunter: Darkstalker's Revenge

X-23's Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Hsienko's Theme > Vampire Hunter: Darkstalker's Revenge

Super Skrull's Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Arthur's Theme > Haunted Graveyard from Ghosts N' Goblins

M.O.D.O.K.'s Theme > ???? (I'm guessing it's original)

Tron Bonne's Theme > "Flutter VS The Gesellschaft" from Megaman Legends/Rockman Dash

Crimson Viper's Theme > Street Fighter IV

Taskmaster's Theme > ???? (original, but possibly a mishmash of other themes)

Zero's Theme > "Zero's Rebirth" from Mega Man X2

Sentinel's Theme > "Genosha -Sentinel-" from X-Men: Children of the Atom

Amaterasu's Theme > The Sun Rises - from Okami

Dormammu's Theme > ???? (no idea but it's badass)

Jill Valentine's Theme > Resident Evil 5 "Sad But True"

Shuma Gorath's Theme > Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

Gouki's Theme > SFIV, X-Men vs Street Fighter, other

Doctor Doom's Theme > Marvel Super Heroes

Albert Wesker's Theme > "Wind of Madness" Resident Evil 5

Magneto's Theme > X-Men vs Street Fighter

I put together a collection of tracks based on the above list, so you can check em out if you want: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6AKVJEX

Yeah I know, I'm crazy, but I like noticing these things, when old songs get updated and such.

I dunno about that...that's just opinion, really. And besides, getting a full symphonic band to do a remake of a piece that was covered by CPS2 engine is probably expensive in production.

No, is a fact :kitty:

I mean, listen to Ironman's, Cap's, Ryu's, Doom's, Haggar's and forgot who else's remixed themes. They just sound like lame electronic bullshit. Heck, even Tron's theme is boring compared to Volnutt's (TvC).

Not saying all remixes are horrible. Zero's, Arthur's, Ammy's, Hsienko's, Storm's and Sentinel's do actually sound pretty nice.

I really like the MvC3 music overall, and Doom has the best theme in the game

iron man's is pretty crap though, especially compaed to the old one

I happen to like Iron Man's intro, and in general these songs aren't as bad as you guys are saying.

Clearly the concept of "remix" is wasted on you guys...I bet you didn't even listen to War Machine's original theme and compared it.

There's nothing wrong with techno, house, or eurobeat, you guys are just metal and symphonic junkies with a disposition for indie music from the trailer parks.

Clearly the concept of "remix" is wasted on you guys...I bet you didn't even listen to War Machine's original theme and compared it.

I did.

War Machine's theme wasn't that good to begin with.