Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

That kind of sucks, I really enjoyed playing MVC2 Jill.

Shuma looks really fun to play though. I liked him in Marvel 2, but I'm still torn on actually buying him or not.

As you were saying I believe she greatly requires a beam or projectile multi hit assist to be good.

That and an OTG.

I feel Wesker is a godlike pair with her (Go figure) Because of OTG properties, mixup, and the DHC glitch.

The "RE5" team isn't actually a bad team either, everyone builds good meter for each other. Chris highly benefits off of her wallbounce assist is what I heard.

Or just throw sentinel drones on that shit as your 3rd and profit, forcing them to block her mixup. She can stay safe with feral cancels. She has a command grab (You can actually combo grab B into grab A if you wavedash at them)

I feel her level 3 should be comboed into , into her infinite. Although I won't do it, unless she's the last one or I don't have Wesker. I could easily BNB into DHC - Wesker to kill someone.

Machine Gun hyper has 20 frames of invuln and works best midscreen, it also hits people out of their hypers a lot. I wouldn't use it too much..especially not for getting in.

I think once she gets in it's going to be very hard to push her out. Special kicks , if blocked, cancelled into feral cancel = frame advantage. Forcing them to block another teleport mixup which, I'm pretty sure, they have to respect.

In any case she's still new and things are still being figured out..I think she seems solid as of now.

I been having better luck with Shuma than Jill. While I haven't figured out how to use him while on point but his Mystic Ray assist is very good. Projectile that covers the screen and shut downs other players assists. Sentinel drones and hidden missiles fall to Mystic Ray. It helps that it knock the character right into me if I cross up setting up a juggle combo.

jill is very assist reliant

tbh i feel that she is the kind of character that needs a wall jump/double jump/air dash, or at least feral dash mid air

Very much so, she would've benefited greatly from any of those things, I'm actually shocked they gave her crap movements options compared to Wesker (seeing how they're essentially on the same level in RE5) and I'm also shocked at the lack of gun-play :< would've been nice for her to have a projectile (that's not a hyper). Also what Machine Gun Spray lacks is damage and hit consistency it makes up for in pure awesome, this is pretty much the ultimate escape since the first 20 frames are invincible pretty much nothing get get her even at late activation (I once escaped Ryu's Shin Hadouken even through I was already being blasted = w=). It's also godly in DHC should you make a bad call. I actually now have less love for Raven Spike as you really do need to be comboing to guarantee a hit, otherwise 8/10 you're just wasting meter.

Jill is more complicated than Shuma, it's going to take longer for people to figure her out.

Jill's not so much more complicated as she just needs alot more than most of the cast does, like for approaching she needs a good projectile assist (right now I'm running Shuma/Jill/Filicia and mystic ray assist into 236+H is great seeing how it can't be punished least you get hit by one of them since mystic is "delayed" since it swipes)

Any ideas for HITTING Sentinel + Haggar assist as Zero or Doom? Sentinels recovery frames are covered so they can mix up for free and chip me out as well. Charged Buster shot gets respected and blocked full-screen, and I lose the trade on chip because he has better zoning.

Not only that, but they also get a reversal during pressure that will lead to at least half of my life gone with an easy hit confirm. I'll also lose any trade possible.

And finally, their second assist will be some type of projectile assist.

I have Doom and Phoenix as teammates, but if I call them they'll just react and HSF. It sucks because I usually can only hit them while I'm airborne and can't get a snapback on dat Haggar. My Stability got destroyed today and Basic Defense went through the roof.

I got bodied quite a bit by some guy running Sent/Mag/Haggar, first two times it was due to trying to rush down Sent and go for the assisted instant overhead but haggar shut it down. So I pretty much resorted to forcing Sent to block Samural edge and the occasional off screen Plasma beam assist or flat out going for command grabs up close so he wouldn't use Haggar assist during my block string. Another thing that helped was actually back dashing after forcing sent to block and using Plasma beam assist/ Crouched low to punish the whiffed Haggar.

Also good shit to Clockw0rk or who ever discovered Doom's fly air combo, using it with aerial exchanged made my average damage of 800k-1mil sky rocketed to 1.3 mil+ easily.

Edit:

This showed up right after I posted. lol

I know he's largely outshined, maybe even made obsolete, by Akuma, but does anybody have any tips for getting in with Ryu? I've been messing around with him here and there and like using him for some weird-ass reason. Against a lot of characters I can get tons of mileage off of spamming Hadoken, but once beams get brought out I quickly crumble as I try to switch over to rushdown offense after my wimpy fireballs are destroyed. What's a karate man to do!?

Best advice I can give is make sure your assist's takes care of his short comings and use his super hadoken against someone going for a projectile on reaction. For the most part projectile users wouldn't be able to stop it outside of XFC to block, Arthur's level 3 and maybe a DHC to something that can beat it.

Shameless plugging of combo experimentation and stylish stuff I'm experimenting with for a few characters. Transcripts and such are on the video page if you want em. Likely still room for improvement.

I apologize in advance for making you listen to the first 15 second of Spencer's (awesome) theme like 50 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GwDCb41mQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USiLmq2H-k

The whining over Sent's health nerf is hilarious. I thought there would be more rejoicing considering a lot of people wanted him tuned down, they got it and they bitch about it.

It's just a very large nerf, and it seems like a "lazy" fix to me. Instead of really looking at what's making people bitch about Sentinel (he can kill an entire team in about 15 seconds with the right conditions and has normals that do chip damage!) Capcom just said "Oh fuck it, we'll just make a giant robot have comparable health to a small robot".

Plus, issues with Sentinel vary from person to person. I didn't think he was that terrible to play against; Phoenix feels waaaay cheaper to me. Others would probably disagree.

Sentinel as a character is good but he's certainly not the best. Yes, he's easy to play. The severity of the health nerf does indeed come off as lazy and a knee-jerk reaction.

Hell, even the Facebook for MvC3 backs my idea of it up.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

So, how many people need to switch up their teams now? ;)

4 hours ago

Real classy. :lol:

I would like some consistency with this whining. How can you said that a game's balance can't be evaluated in a month then in the next sentence say that the health nerf makes Sent useless just hours after the patch went live?

I have no complaints about the patch. Never cared for the machine anyway

a game as a whole can't be evaluated in a month but certain characters/aspects can be

see: top tiers, tager, cs rachel, etc.

the main complaint from the patch isnt the nerf itself, its just how so soon there is a patch, and its something really easy to do without consideration like taking down a fourth of a characters hp

i also randomed out like 10 sentinel assists today by doing a super > xfactor lvl1 > super :cool:

Top tiers can't be evaluated in a month......

And I honestly don't see how this patch was a bad thing. Sentinel is good, his random factor is high and he can take a lot of risks due to his HP. They just nerfed his ridiculous risk/reward.

nerfing his risk/reward would be removing that stupid ass super armor. taking out 400k doesnt do a much when almost every team in the game can do a 1 kill combo towards sent

patch is a bad thing because if people are supportive of it, this is pretty much the only extent of balancing we'll get. changing frame data and properties takes analysis and shows an actual care about the balance of the game. taking out a shitload of hp and calling it balance is full on retard

I mean IMO I think sentinel is still really good. He just doesn't have an assload of HP anymore, his damage is all still there, the super/hyper armor, etc. The X factor shenans are still gonna be there. You just gonna have to play more pro.

I still think they should have just stuck him down to 1 or 1.1m though >_>

I would have liked to see the DHC go..or Task's damage..or some other character balance instead of just ENTIRE PATCH > NERF SENT