Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I remember someone at Capcom saying Jedah couldn't be included because he self-mutilates to draw blood for his attacks and that could rise the game's rating.

And yet all Darkstalker games, not to mention Cross Edge, are rated T.

And yet all Darkstalker games, not to mention Cross Edge, are rated T.

Could be wrong but it's been awhile since there was a real DS game. Ratings and views on ratings have kind of shifted over the years I suppose. Last one I remember is some PSP port/something a few years back.

Course I've never played any games in the series so :v: Also assuming Cross Edge didn't feature Jedah.

EDIT: Oh dear I didn't think Jedah was that bloody... bloody. :vbang: Wow.

I remember someone at Capcom saying Jedah couldn't be included because he self-mutilates to draw blood for his attacks and that could rise the game's rating.

its a merely excuse

Somehow I can't picture him being 2.5D/3D render with all that gore sprites...or at least looking nice in that style. :O

its a merely excuse

And it's a valid one. Ratings standards have changed since the last DS game. A character that oozes blood and mutilating himself is an easy way to get an M rating. Even if Capcom wanted to use him you'll think Marvel will be ok with it? I don't think they would have a walking gorefest being featured in the same game as Spider-Man

And it's a valid one. Ratings standards have changed since the last DS game. A character that oozes blood and mutilating himself is an easy way to get an M rating. Even if Capcom wanted to use him you'll think Marvel will be ok with it? I don't think they would have a walking gorefest being featured in the same game as Spider-Man

I agree with Capcom trying to avoid the M rating but I don't get that last statement. Deadpool is a walking gorefest in all his comics. He is constantly getting sliced to pieces and is often done so in a humorous fashion. A lot of the Marvel comics are pretty gory. I don't see why they would mind gore.

but haveing a sex demon and a nakked furry nun is perfectly fine o3o

They aren't doing anything, or showing anything...

I agree with Capcom trying to avoid the M rating but I don't get that last statement. Deadpool is a walking gorefest in all his comics. He is constantly getting sliced to pieces and is often done so in a humorous fashion. A lot of the Marvel comics are pretty gory. I don't see why they would mind gore.

Marvel wouldn't mind that kinda thing in the comics as it's a niche market. When it comes to adapting their characters to other media like movies, television and video games things tend to get lighter and softer. They are going to reach a large an audience as possible so they take things further than PG. Jedah wouldn't fit every well with that. Marvel wouldn't want Spider-Man be feature in what potentially be an M rated game.

Have they mentioned how ENG/JP voice select will operate? IE: either all one language or can toggle on a character to character basis? IF they're still including both that is, been awhile since I've heard JP voices in the previews.

English voices only for the Marvel characters, for Capcom characters, you can choose between English and Japanese voices.

Can you please link me the source of where they say that you can toggle jap/eng from character to character?

Uhm.. hopeful thinking..

however, that fat blurry thing that falls from the ceiling after magneto's little purple lightning clip.. is that.. the juggernaut?