Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

IM's is a remix of his MSH version. Which was pretty hot. (Doom theme is best)

You'll notice the music because it will change on every character death.

Also, I am pleased that tu4ar is remixed and in the game. :D

Not true, MvC1, XMvSF, and CvMSH all had great music. Two was the only one with shitty music.

yet 2 is the only that matters, wich coicidentally is the one with shitty music, plus not a fan of the tracks of the previous games either

Dormammu Wolvie and Spidey themes aren't that bad. Iron Man's is pretty stupid though. War Machine's in MvC was much better.

Iron Man has a remix version of War Machine's theme in MvC3. It just sounds really shitty

No,the last character that show up is Storm(X-men),C-viper(street fighter),Shuma-gorath(???) and Jill (Resident evil 5 form)

Shuma is from Doctor Strange FYI.

Fuck everyone in this thread, this game is full of god tier tracks.

And Iron man's and Doom's are among the worst.

Though nothing can quite top X-23's in terms of horribleness.

War Machines's MvC1 theme was just a remix of Ironman's theme in Marvel Super Heroes.

No it's not. Both themes are completely different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHZbfzSII0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBd3Y8298rU&feature=related

And Iron man's and Doom's are among the worst.

I think Doom has the best theme out of anyone in the game. God tier remix to his MSH theme

Ok, i have a bunch (4) of questions about the achievements.

1-Make a team composed of Weapon-X test subjects, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only) i dont know much about marvel but Wolverine, X-23, and whos the third one?

2-Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only) Storm, Morrigan, and maybe Phoenix or Rouge?

3-Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match. Hulk, maybe Dormammu, maybe Hagger/Sentinel?

4-Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match. Wolverine, X-23, Wesker, Spencer?

Deadpool is the 3rd Weapon X character, Rogue isn't in or rumored to be so it's most likely Phoenix (Also I don't think Morrigan counts as a "flying" character by MvC standards, it should be talking about Trish), I have no idea about the "Big 3" but you are probably right about it and the alter body one

Ok, i have a bunch (4) of questions about the achievements.

1-Make a team composed of Weapon-X test subjects, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only) i dont know much about marvel but Wolverine, X-23, and whos the third one?

2-Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only) Storm, Morrigan, and maybe Phoenix or Rouge?

3-Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match. Hulk, maybe Dormammu, maybe Hagger/Sentinel?

4-Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match. Wolverine, X-23, Wesker, Spencer?

The big three can refer to two things. One being the Marvel universe's most ironic Avengers who are Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. The other being the characters in terms of their overall popularity which would mean Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk.

Pretty sure Big 3 are Magneto, Storm and Sentinel.

But if the name of the achievment is to be taken seriously, then yeah it's Cap, Tony and Thor.

"Modified" ones are obv. MODOK, Doom and Tron Bonne. Well, it's obvious to me at least. Maybe wrong but it's the only thing that makes honest sense, everything else is reaching.

I meant overall popularity in the mainstream. Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk are Marvel's biggest recognizable characters

Lots of characters on par with those in terms of being recognizable founding Marvel characters honestly, Cap being the first that comes to mind.

Really Big 3 can be one of two things : a reference to MvC2, or a reference to old avenger comics.

Much like "Badds to the bone" is probably villains with robotics enhancements because it's the only category narrow enough to make three characters actually fit. If it was just generally "Characters with modified bodies" ? Fuck that game is chock full of them, there's no real way to narrow it down to 3 characters.

I agree with this

"Modified" ones are obv. MODOK, Doom and Tron Bonne. Well, it's obvious to me at least. Maybe wrong but it's the only thing that makes honest sense, everything else is reaching.

Spencer is definitely one of them, the achievement name in french is Bionic Commando. Also the image for this acheivement says METAL. I'm thinking Spencer, Ironman, MODOK.

For female flyers we already have Morrigan, Storm, Trish so that doesn't confirm any more.

the achievement name in french is Bionic Commando

Uh, that's pretty weird. So I guess "Badds to the bone" isn't meant to be taken seriously, or Badds is a BC reference that just flew over my head. Still I would think the "Bone" thing meant Tron is in the midst. Maybe Spence, Iron Man and Tron ? Wait, that makes perfect sense, since MODOK isn't actually a modified human anyway, and Doom's armor doesn't actually do anything.

For the last time, I'm pretty sure Morrigan isn't apart of the "flyer" crew, anyone who's played MvC knows what an actual flight character is like, so that pretty much deconfirms using Morrigan and can only be reffering to Phoenix (if the rumors are indeed true).

The Big 3 can't be the Avengers as there is ALREADY an Avenger focused achievement.

The Badds to the Bone could mean alot of things; but I don't believe Tron Bonne is included as she hasn't done any modification to her body, it's just a suit (so arguably this could mean the same for Iron Man) honestly I'm pretty sure it means people who've actually had/or have been altered (Wolverine, X-23, Spencer, Deadpool, Wesker) are the only ones I can think of...

I can't for the life of me figure out what "Ending this game of spider and fly" means? (Spiderman and...?)

Your logic is flawed. You're using an arguement against the Big 3 ("there's already a team with those") and ignore the fact that the same arguement could be used against Wolverine, Deadpool and X-23 for the Badds to the Bone achievement.

Spider and Fly is probably going to involve a flier in addition to Spiderman, though none particularly fit at the time.

I'm more wondering who the fuck is going to be with Captain America in that one achievement.

I'm not saying that none of the Avengers could be included in the Big 3, but I just find it unlikely that 3 out of 4 (or even 2 honestly) of them are getting the limelight for another achievement. It just seems like an odd design choice, but you could be right.

Also if your walking about the "Duty and Deus Ex Machina" I thought it was obvious it was talking about Captain America and M.O.D.O.K (I mean it's in his name)

I can't help but think that Deus Ex Machina is referring to Dormammu. He is a dimension lord afterall. If you interpret it as a plot device he's the best fit.

"Copy This!" is the "spider and fly" achievement so I believe it might be Spidy vs Deadpool. Fly part doesnt make sense but costume similarities to the uninitiated... yeah maybe. Both wisecrackers as well.

Big 3 is "Avengers Assemble!" so really it points to Cap/Thor/Ironman

"Badds to the Bone"'s icon has METAL on it. Spencer is an obvious pick. Genetic modifications (Wesker) might not be enough to qualify.

Morrigan Storm and (I guess confirmed?) Phoenix are the only femme flyers. Trish doesn't have a flight command to my knowledge (does Morr?)

Civil War one is probably Cap vs Iron Man, maybe others (what other heroes were on either side? X-Men were mostly neutral right?)

Duty and Deus might be Cap vs MODOK

Fate of Two Worlds obviously Ryu/Morr/Chris vs Wolv/Iron/Hulk?

Lot of overcentralizing achievements for some characters :/ Tron vs Zero could've been one, for example.

Of course lolachievements.

Maybe, but Dormammu isn't a machine...

Duty and Deus Ex Machina - Make a match on Xbox LIVE between a national hero and a killing machine a reality.

And his name is: Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing

But again you could be right as the term "Deus Ex Machina" can refer to more than just machines, and I'm pretty sure no ones has been dream for a Captain America vs M.O.D.O.K match lol (although you have to make this lame as character relevant some how :/)

EDIT: Again Morrigan isn't really a "flyer" a la MvC, and yes Trish has flight (skip to 1:28)

Also lol at Wesker not qualifying for genetic modification, dude started out as a normal man, now he's not even human (and also dead lol) the Spiderman vs Deadpool thing is also highly suspect, and again the Avengers has a achievement so I don't see them getting another one focused on them (also all four original Avengers are there, you forgetting about Hulk who is arguably a more popular character than the rest)

*Shrug*

Not enough strictly metal-modified characters so I'll concede that genetics are probably fine and I'm dumb for thinking otherwise.

Trish Phoenix Storm then.

Everything else was just "I don't really know shit about comics" opinion and context clues (achievement icon/backgrounds). The latter isn't always helpful though (GARACTIC)

edit @ below: No really in retrospect I think it was pretty dumb for me to exclude genetics. Just the METAL icon messing with my guess.

Don't even start that, I didn't say or imply you were dumb, nor was I knocking your input, I merely though the idea of Wesker not being consider modified enough funny, that is all.