Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

lol watching those archived Team Khaos vids and Sentinel has a win quote against X-23 that goes "Wolverine DNA detected in female. DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE!" now I just have to learn how to stomp in Sents to prevent myself from seeing it too much = w=

Guys, guys, guys!! Im afraid that Gamestop m-might sell my preorder....Im scared...I really wanna play it day one.....If they sell my preorder...someone m-might die.....

Then go to the midnight launch tomorrow and make sure they have your copy.

I got my first chance to play this game this weekend.

It's fun and all, but it's broken to an absolutely hilarious extent. Characters like Deadpool are able to win with practically brain-dead tactics. Definitely not the type of fighter to take seriously.

If you're one to use characters you really like and not just characters you think are insanely good chances are you're going to have to put in some serious work to be successful. Then again, you may get lucky and be able to form a solid team with your favorites. It really depends on what characters you're talking about.

I love Amaterasu tho'. She's crazy fun and I love her versatility. Viewtiful Joe is fun but he just gets wrecked by keepaway and characters really good range. Chris Redfield is fun but his lack of mobility just kills him. When you get momentum behind him (or X-Factor) he can be pretty solid tho'.

I was repping Joe, Ammy, Chris most of the time I was playing.

Then go to the midnight launch tomorrow and make sure they have your copy.

M-Midnight?! But wont it be dark out?! And what if someone steals my copy in the crowd?! What if i get robbed?! AAHWEHWEHWEHWEHWEHWEHWEHWEH

We no longer fear Sent,but we should check under our beds for Dark Phoenix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2W5AUmFqDY&feature=player_embedded#at=52

As awesome as Dark Phoenix is, XFactor sentinel not only does exactly that but he wont die if you hit him, and he does it from full screen so less chance for mistakes.

We no longer fear Sent,but we should check under our beds for Dark Phoenix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2W5AUmFqDY&feature=player_embedded#at=52

Dark Phoenix + X-Factor/Healing field is looking like a totally legit strat right about now. I'm loving it.

I've been saying this from the beginning :P

However I don't really think DPM had much to do with it, honestly the lvl 3 X-Factor did most of the work, normal Phoenix could've done the same awesome without wasting the bars, but in the situation she was in it was definitely worth saving them in order to get a "second chance". Healing Sphere is the most deadly of all of Phoenix's tools; you no longer gain scratch (red) damage on block, you recover health so long as the opponent's in the field (and since Phoenix really is more of a rushdown character that's not a problem), and it only cost 1 bar which can easily be regained.

The sole key to Phoenix is NOT getting hit, EVER! As a smart opponent will always finish off their combos and Phoenix can't survive half of any combo in this game.

Tomorrow, midnight, here I come = w=

no midnight release anywhere near me and i have after school shit tuesday ~( T o T )~ no faaaiiiiirrr

Lol. I already have the game reserved at my local game shop and am also getting a free Special Ed from Capcom (part of their mod package).

so many chars that i want to try

what do you think of trish, wesker and dante or perhaps x 23 as a team?

so many chars that i want to try

what do you think of trish, wesker and dante or perhaps x 23 as a team?

i think that that was the very first team i confirmed myself to be running, since my ocd prevents me from pairing 2 people from the same game together (going to torture me in this game)

wanted to put dormammu in x's place but 2 zoners and no defined rushdown didn't agree with theory fighter

Gotta wait til 2morrow morning to get mine. . . . but maybe a friend will have it *Crosses fingers*

Either way you guys should check out the Hyper Guide on SRK for MvC3. Its pretty freakin amazing :v:

i think that that was the very first team i confirmed myself to be running, since my ocd prevents me from pairing 2 people from the same game together (going to torture me in this game)

wanted to put dormammu in x's place but 2 zoners and no defined rushdown didn't agree with theory fighter

My friend plays Wesker/Dormammu/Doom and he got pretty far in the tournament here. Dormammu's S-attack works wonders against air-dashers since the hitbox is really high and it lasts for quite a long time. He's also benefits from an easy air-combo > KD > OTG special > Super that does really big damage.

Hey guyz,

I haven't seen this in the thread, so :

Vote for your Capcom DLC

Vote for your Marvel DLC

You can choose (or at least, they make you think that you CAN) what we'll be the DLC characters upcoming ; One thread for Capcom characters, and the other for Marvel's. You can vote from 3 to 5 characters for each thread, just once.

Of course that'll maybe mean nothing, but meh, it's worth trying to get, for example, STRIDER HIRYU, or VERGIL. To thanks me for providing this, vote for those TWO OR BE DEAD. Just kidding, but for the moment, Strider and Frank West are the ones that come often (Vergil a little..meh..), along with Megaman too.

Up to you now !

Hey guyz,

I haven't seen this in the thread, so :

Vote for your Capcom DLC

Vote for your Marvel DLC

You can choose (or at least, they make you think that you CAN) what we'll be the DLC characters upcoming ; One thread for Capcom characters, and the other for Marvel's. You can vote from 3 to 5 characters for each thread, just once.

Of course that'll maybe mean nothing, but meh, it's worth trying to get, for example, STRIDER HIRYU, or VERGIL. To thanks me for providing this, vote for those TWO OR BE DEAD. Just kidding, but for the moment, Strider and Frank West are the ones that come often (Vergil a little..meh..), along with Megaman too.

Up to you now !

They will probably not go by most votes. They probably already have some in mind and want to see which one of them people prefer the most.

Example, no matter how much some people want Phoenix Wright, he just isn't fighting game viable. Seriously, can you think up an entire viable movelist for Wright? I think most people only think as far as His Hyper could be 'Objection!' lol.

In any case, none of the characters I would vote for would be picked anyway.

The only characters from Capcom that really deserve series representation at this point are Frank West/Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) and Gene (God Hand).

The only characters from Capcom that really deserve series representation at this point are Frank West/Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) and Gene (God Hand).

Ohhh, sorry those characters are "too punchy" so you won't be seeing them in MvC3 :kitty: