Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Most likely because they wanted to balance the characters.

And really, what does it matter if they're on the disc or not? Games and DLC fall under seperate development budgets.

Heck, we don't even know the real reason why they're the disc and speculating is rather pointless.

LOL at everyone expecting a "Super" MvC3. The only reason SSFIV existed was because SFIV's base code wasn't built for DLC, MvC3's engine on the other hands (MT Framework) is. The only re-release you'll see is a Gold Edition that's simply the game plus all the DLC content and nothing more (just like what happened with RE5 and RE5 Gold).

I think marvel actually stipulated that shuma gorath had to be a DLC character or they couldn't have the rights to it. It makes some sense, shuma gorath is completely not relevant to stuff marvel is doing today and no one I have EVER talked to knew who the hell he was before mvc2. Capcom likes shuma a lot though and really wanted him in. I also heard jill and shuma were supposed to be available day 1 but there were some technical issues.

I played offline yesterday with two friends of mine and one of my friends complained the ENTIRE time that everything that beat him was cheap. He was the only one using Dante. He was the only one using Sentinel.

It'd almost be more fun to play in abysmal netcode then to listen to this guy bitch and moan the entire night. Me and my other friend were trying to joke about it to lighten the mood but of course he started taking offense to everything. Man how can ANYONE take this game seriously. I'm more serious when I'm playing Killzone 3. /rant

Deal with Dante or deal with my friend being a complete douchebag/killjoy? First is no problem, Dante is an average, overplayed character. That wasn't even my point. If it's the second you've clearly never had a friend like this. I almost wanted to throw him out of my house.

so who else watched Winter Brawl and was mad sad when Yipes and Sanford got blown up left and right? :(

You got to be excited about Justin's Wolverine busting through for that perfect against RyRy. That was beautiful.

that was pretty nasty. I'm a little sad he rolled She-Hulk/Amaterasu/Tron in grand finals after he lost, but hey, any diversity besides yet another Sentinel is ok lol

I don't know about you guys, but I like the idea of Justin rocking multiple, seemingly random, teams, if only because it shows how much room for creativity there is in this game.

P.S. Ammy makes Sent look pretty FRAAAAY!

Niggas finally realized there's a friggin snapback button in this game.

Salty Phoenix mains incoming

Not really, least not for me, unlike so many others I'm not afraid to play with Phoenix without 5 bars, hell sometimes I'll deliberately call her out and use her for a good while (especially if you let me get off a whole air combo).

Also snapbacks are risky because you have to spend a whole meter for em, and that can mean life and death in this game, especially if the person you're snapping in is good. Not to say they aren't awesome especially if you severely punish an assist, you know I wanna finish the job.

Is there any site where i can find combo for each character in MVC3 ?

just like dustloop for blazblue

Shoryuken.com is pretty much MvC central, they even got a "hyper guide" that's coming along well. However I recommend getting the Brady guide anyways.

Umm, not only does snapback control what character your opponent has to use (which in it self is a great use), but it also controls their ability to use assists (due to how long it disables the assists), and depleting the red life of whoever is snapped in. While you may not want to use it all the time, it can be a game changer when used.

EDIT: It is also really easy to hitconfirm into (ie; Zero can do 5A>5B>5C>6C>Snapback).

Most characters can just replace the S in their magic series combos with snapback. I know that works for all the characters I use (Dante, Wolverine, and Zero)

Difference between snapping in Sentinel vs Phoenix is you can't kill him in one combo. Hell half the cast can barely kill him in two without blowing tons of meter. If they don't want Sentinel dead yet they have plenty of time to switch him out (every time I see Sent snapped in though he just comes in a rapes more face then the character before him)