Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I don't see anything wrong with that. It makes her more flexible in the design department.

It makes her too flexible, X-23 has no distinctive or recognizable features or attire. In 99.9% of the art Laura is featured in (official and fan) her claws are always retracted. Why? Because it's the only way you know it's X-23.

Here's a prime example. In issues 1~3 of her series the standard covers have a consistent artstyle (which is never present in the books themselves, and actually depict Laura much younger). If I followed the series (which I do :3) I could tell that yes this is the protagonist even if her claws weren't shown. However from issue 4 and up this cover style is completely ditched for a more American Comic look. I have no idea who the character is on those covers for multiple reasons; first there's the change in hair and eye color (this is retcon in later covers), then there's the outfit (before she sported similar yet different wears, but now she is depicted in her X-Force uniform that bears the X-Men logo. Which she never actually wears in the comics despite the covers depicting events within the books). But oh wait she has her claws out, so it's X-23, lolnevermind :psyduck: The previous style made X-23 distinctive without the need to display her claws for her hair was rather unique, it's a bit wild and she has mini "antennas" you'd often see in Japanese manga, granted I know this isn't how she is ever depicted, but it should've been so in order to make her a more definite character.

Look at Wolverine, he is easily recognizable both in and out of his uniform, so why does his clone lack such distinction? Hell other characters in the Marvel-verse that are just as plain as Laura have distinct appearances that make them easy to point out. Phoenix's hair is wild and firey, even if I was looking at a B&W illustration I could tell it's her, plus all her outfits are pretty recognizable. The same with Cyclopes, he's always wearing his shades (albeit by need not desire) and his outfit has fundamentally been the same throughout the years. I could go on, but if Marvel is willing to go such lengths to make their other characters stand out, why does X-23 get the shaft?

It's works pretty well for Luke Cage

You mean Power Man :v: Eh, his only power is being Black = w= but on a real note he's one of the most generic characters I've ever seen, but it actually works for him since no one is as plain (or Black) as he is = w= Of course no offense meant.

It makes her too flexible, X-23 has no distinctive or recognizable features or attire. In 99.9% of the art Laura is featured in (official and fan) her claws are always retracted. Why? Because it's the only way you know it's X-23.

Here's a prime example. In issues 1~3 of her series the standard covers have a consistent artstyle (which is never present in the books themselves, and actually depict Laura much younger). If I followed the series (which I do :3) I could tell that yes this is the protagonist even if her claws weren't shown. However from issue 4 and up this cover style is completely ditched for a more American Comic look. I have no idea who the character is on those covers for multiple reasons; first there's the change in hair and eye color (this is retcon in later covers), then there's the outfit (before she sported similar yet different wears, but now she is depicted in her X-Force uniform that bears the X-Men logo. Which she never actually wears in the comics despite the covers depicting events within the books). But oh wait she has her claws out, so it's X-23, lolnevermind :psyduck: The previous style made X-23 distinctive without the need to display her claws for her hair was rather unique, it's a bit wild and she has mini "antennas" you'd often see in Japanese manga, granted I know this isn't how she is ever depicted, but it should've been so in order to make her a more definite character.

Look at Wolverine, he is easily recognizable both in and out of his uniform, so why does his clone lack such distinction? Hell other characters in the Marvel-verse that are just as plain as Laura have distinct appearances that make them easy to point out. Phoenix's hair is wild and firey, even if I was looking at a B&W illustration I could tell it's her, plus all her outfits are pretty recognizable. The same with Cyclopes, he's always wearing his shades (albeit by need not desire) and his outfit has fundamentally been the same throughout the years. I could go on, but if Marvel is willing to go such lengths to make their other characters stand out, why does X-23 get the shaft?

I see where your getting at. IMO, have a distinctive or recognizable style is much better than having recognizable attire. I don't like it when a character is locked in a particular attire because they won't be "themselves" without it. The slightest altercation to said outfit will make fans bust out the torches and pitchforks. I have no trouble recognizable her in her civvies as no other hero has her style among the X-Men or other heroes. The other character I can think of that's similar is Nico from Runaways and it's still very different.

You hit the nail when it comes to her physical features. From looking at other X-23 pics there's nothing that stuck. I really like the hair antennas. If that artist gets the chance to draw her more and maybe also do interiors that mark could stick.

You mean Power Man :v: Eh, his only power is being Black = w= but on a real note he's one of the most generic characters I've ever seen, but it actually works for him since no one is as plain (or Black) as he is = w= Of course no offense meant.

He hasn't used the Power Man name in years. Being black is all he needs. It was good enough for him to lead the Avengers and have Squirrel Girl has a babysitter.

I say this about the DLC outfit pack I like Dante however the pay way to much attention to detail never thought I would ever say that but they do now all we need is ghost rider blade and Vergil

I say this about the DLC outfit pack I like Dante however the pay way to much attention to detail never thought I would ever say that but they do now all we need is ghost rider blade and Vergil

punctuation

do you know what it is

punctuation

do you know what it is

In some countries, grammar-nazi's are weeded out of society. So no, I don't think he knows what it is.

You hit the nail when it comes to her physical features. From looking at other X-23 pics there's nothing that stuck. I really like the hair antennas. If that artist gets the chance to draw her more and maybe also do interiors that mark could stick.

Yeah I can see where you're coming at about defined attire, it's just I felt it was the least they could do for her if nothing else. Oh my god yes, I love Danni Luo's work! She is amazing, but sadly she was just a contractor :< I think she portrayed Laura really well, honestly I don't like how she's portrayed in the current comics, she's suppose to be a teenager yet she looks alot older :\ I think her MvC3 look is a nice middle ground. Honestly I love X-23 but I don't think Marvel is using her to her maximum potential, I know she's a clone of Wolverine but that doesn't mean you have to make her JUST like him, they're pretty much writing another broody, lone wolf, but secretly caring character (like "James"). Although now that the Sinister arc is wrapped up, I'm looking forward to Laura and Daken working "together" :3 Time to see if these dysfunctional siblings can mix ^^

He hasn't used the Power Man name in years.

I know, I just find it funny that he once walked around calling himself that (even more funny that Marvel writers thought that was cool back in the day XD)

More on topic:

MvC is really pissing me off, the netplay just gets worst each time I get on :< I'm loosing to absolute scrubs and scrub tactics because lag is just outrageous (I had one match where the game didn't move until seconds inbetween ; A;) Also I ran into a glitch that kinda irks me as well = .= For some reason my wins have been soft reset. At the beginning of the fight it displayed my as having 0 wins and 95 loses. However at the result screen it displays as it should (130w 95l) I lost 6 rounds tonight and only won 3, so before fights it displays 3w 101l, it makes me look bad initially (due to a low win ratio being displayed) and the lag doesn't help.

FIX. IT. Crapcom :\

Question. Is Hazama Deadpool? I mean the trolling, The dash, The lolz, And the smooth criminal walk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1axvj9vs1Xg&feature=related

No. Deadpool is actually Nathan Drake, that is when he isn't Desmond Miles reliving his memories of being Madara Uchiha, Hades, LCpl Kojo "Romeo" Agu, Operation Overdrive Red Ranger, Raphael the Ninja Turtle, Musaad Mayfield, Vossler York Azelas, Vashyron, Brawl, Hitler and a Morning TV Show Host on Ugly Betty.

New team idea.

Zero/Doom/Dante

800,000k 1 assist combos.

Dante will have Doom support.

Doom will have Dante support.

Zero will have both.

I find it strange that my main is essentially Dr. Doom.

the great news are that i have my fucking copy of the game, the bad ones, is that i need serious practice if i watn to catch people here

329 hits.

For those wondering how the hitsun deterioration was defeated, it's been discovered that cinematic hypers reset it.

Aww, beaten to the punch. I was gonna post that.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. What does matter is, Sentinel is the best punching bag ever.

Aww, beaten to the punch. I was gonna post that.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. What does matter is, Sentinel is the best punching bag ever.

Makes me wonder if I can use it for some of my own ideas.

Ammy already has a "false" infinite on Sent with 9L,H,H,H (repeat) that is killed by proration after 2 loops. I wonder what tacking a combo into hyper, DHC into X-23's Weapon X Prime will do.

This is hilarious.

Capcom can't ever seem to get anti-absurd-combo systems right, lol

Or, maybe they let this slide since it doesn't even go against the purpose of the proration in this game anyway, which is to prevent MvC2 style infinites. I mean, this is a fair bit more complex than doing short launch 9lp, mp, lk, hk repeat with Iron Man.

i really dount that capcom leave this on purpouse, the way that removes damage scaling and hitstun scaling it make it seems as something that they not saw

im not gonna be surprised if they remove it after evo

Or, maybe they let this slide since it doesn't even go against the purpose of the proration in this game anyway, which is to prevent MvC2 style infinites. I mean, this is a fair bit more complex than doing short launch 9lp, mp, lk, hk repeat with Iron Man.

100%'s are basically the same or better than infinites..... especially if they can be started off of any move rather that a specific one

100%'s are basically the same or better than infinites..... especially if they can be started off of any move rather that a specific one

Well, an infinite can be worse if it does jack shit damage and just serves to be a forced time out.