Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

only unreleased chars discovered were frank, jill, shuma, and doc oc

and even then there was nothing but literally number data for frank and doc, so they are most likely never gonna make it in.

*facepalm*

Capcom already said theres going to only be 4 dlc characters, 2 capcom and 2 marvel.

1 capcom dlc character has already been confirmed (Jill)

unless frank west or strider suddenly becomes marvel property they will not both be in the game. Herp.

Questions : Any1 have tips to do Crazy dance for Dante ?.....after Jet Stream ( 214 H ) I mash S like crazy but only 1 out of 10 times it works :|

why i always end with chars that i didnt planned to play?

lol

im using zero, hulk, sentinel right now

all with the 1st assist :/

it's just very tight timing, gotta learn it

ok so it's very tight timming ......so when do i need the button.....I think it must be very tight or something cause I mash very very fast :|

I've very glad they swapped out Gief for Haggar. Throw characters are generally bad in vs. games yet Haggar seems to be pretty good so far. I heard there be a setup for UMvC3 at Focus Fire. All I know is it's in Chicago but when I checked this Chicago events site I didn't see it posted. Where can I find more details on Focus Fire. It's a major gaming tourney, right?

why i always end with chars that i didnt planned to play?

lol

im using zero, hulk, sentinel right now

all with the 1st assist :/

Same exact thing happened here. None of the characters on my team now are characters I wanted to play before the game actually dropped. The only one I had planned to mess around with was Wesker cause I really liked him form the RE games, but didn't expect him to be main material in the slightest as I usually hate rushdown types.

I wanna see SRK's reaction to this vid lol. Also I agree with Sanford on one thing. A fairly good amount of today's games are missing that old school difficulty I've come to love.

That video is hilarious. Although, both MvC2 and MvC3 are equally scrubby, it's just that MvC3 has more options to scrub on. More options make it look more scrubby.

:o hmm, I just think its fun but taking it seriously is just too hilarious. Like taking Brawl seriously. :P

That video is hilarious. Although, both MvC2 and MvC3 are equally scrubby, it's just that MvC3 has more options to scrub on. More options make it look more scrubby.

MvC2 at high-level is actually harder to play/master than even Guilty Gear lol (i.e. execution-wise, etc)...

Just sayin'.

Heh, it ain't that bad. You also didn't need the execution heavy characters to win tournaments. Storm, Sentinel, and Cable were very easy to use, and the execution for them wasn't difficult at all. Magneto was the only one in the execution heavy side, but you could do without him. I welcome MvC3's diverse options over MvC2's small options any day anyway, even if it means more scrubbyness.

Heh, it ain't that bad. You also didn't need the execution heavy characters to win tournaments. Storm, Sentinel, and Cable were very easy to use, and the execution for them wasn't difficult at all. Magneto was the only one in the execution heavy side, but you could do without him. I welcome MvC3's diverse options over MvC2's small options any day anyway, even if it means more scrubbyness.

Last reply on this subject:

Sentinel is arguably just as hard to use as Magneto (some have said he's harder). The easiest of the top 3, Storm, at highest-level -- has combo's that rival/and can even beat Eddie's (execution-wise).. Most GG players (i.e. like Frank the Tank, etc) already know that MvC2 is a harder game, period.! The people who don't know this either don't play Marvel (or play it at a low-level, sorry), or are biased for GG. It's not opinion, it's fact. As someone who plays both (but has been playing way more GG than Mahvel), I have seen what is needed to play both at high-level - and the winner is pretty clear to me.

The changes from the old MvC2 characters to their MvC3 versions is terrible, at least in terms of MSS.

MvC2 Magneto had you pressing like a hundred buttons per second, required precise tri-dashing and creative resets to keep your offensive momentum. The most fearsome and fun to play rushdown in any FG I've touched. The new Magneto literally only needs one combo then he can DHC into anything or do lvl 3 for a dead character at any point in the combo. If you're feeling even lazier you can literally just sit back and do EM Disruptor xN until the opponent forgets to block and dies. Old Storm I admit you could play fairly effectively by just running away whiffing jump fierce then punishing with hailstorm or doing magic series aircombo into America's favorite, but with the damage levels in MvC3 Ice storm does stupid amounts of chip making her punishes even more braindead. Sentinel made the worst transition. In MvC2 he was probably the best overall character in the game but required very precise Dhalsim-like zoning and your execution had to be on point utilizing fly cancels and hitting FF combos and unblockable lasers. In MvC3 he was slowed down but his damage output and playstyle got even more flowcharted. His main pokes have super armor making them incredibly mashable. Not only that, they chain into launcher which leads into an EZ mode air combo into an OTG rocket punch xx super for over half life. A 5 hit combo I can hit completely stoned, on pad which will win you tournament matches. GG

tl;dr MvC3 MSS got babyzoned

The easiest of the top 3, Storm, at highest-level -- has combo's that rival/and can even beat Eddie's (execution-wise)..

mashing 6P isn't particularly hard. :P shadow gallery loops are a bit rough, but doable.

still, you've done a rather poor job of supporting your argument; and this is coming from someone who is, on the whole, inclined to agree that marvel has a higher execution barrier than gg. to go off of what furix was saying, how do you explain justin (who doesn't have the best execution, as far as marvel players go) winning tournaments over say clock or yipes?

Most GG players (i.e. like Frank the Tank, etc) already know that MvC2 is a harder game, period.! The people who don't know this either don't play Marvel (or play it at a low-level, sorry), or are biased for GG. It's not opinion, it's fact. As someone who plays both (but has been playing way more GG than Mahvel), I have seen what is needed to play both at high-level - and the winner is pretty clear to me.

if your definition of hard is higher execution barrier and stupid vortex bullshit, then yeah, marvel is harder. but on the whole, guilty gear is a harder game, i think. don't get me wrong- marvel is damn hard and i do respect those who are good at it, but i don't think high level marvel is quite as hard as high level (read: sbo, not america) gg. i say this because i mean it; guilty gear snobbery is mad gay and i hate the fact that most people that "play" gg stoop that low, especially when they're all bad.

and, for the record, the hardest fighting game to date is vf2. "The people who don't know this don't play it" :P

Sounds more like a "Now that more people can push the buttons correctly and I can't outplay them otherwise" situation. Fighting games are about a whole lot more than execution and if execution was the only thing keeping the top players winning then maybe they don't deserve to be top. Lol, wtf is a "random launcher?" None of this is random, you gotta press the button.