Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Yea, MvC2 vets look down on MvC3 as scrubby and or more difficult to play. I agree that it's MvC2 is harder but both games have their cheesy aspects. Like doing 3x Cable hyper beam is hard... Anyways, wasn't there big release party in Chicago last month. I check Chicago events I didn't see anything on it or is that not a good site look for gaming related events.

im not gonna lie, the game is fun, wich in the end, its what matters, even thoug all the silly stuff

it gives the player doing worse an advantage, it's just like ultras, its a huge reward for doing nothing but getting beat on

Unlike SFIV, losing 1/3 of your life starts a slippery slope where you lose some of your moves. In Marvel, you are doubly punished for losing a character. Not only do you lose that portion of life, but you lose those assists and character's moves as well, making it harder to fight back. In Street Fighter, this doesn't happen. Second, the winning player will always get a chance to activate lv3 XFactor. Unlike in SFIV, you can't combo someone with more than 1/3 total life to death. If the player has more than 1/3 total life, that implies that they have at least 2 characters left, which means that the combo gets stopped and the player getting comboed gets an unconditional chance to activate. The player who was ahead was never at a disadvantage because he always had a lv3 XFactor stocked anyway and no matter what the opponent does, as long as the winning player has more than 1 character, he will always get a chance to activate Lv3 XFactor.

Let's not forget that damage scaling in SF4 and the fact that you actually have to take risks to use the ultra make the two mechanics completely different.

I have never lost in SF4 because the opponent got his ultra. I have however lost a good many times because lvl 3 X-factor characters became super fast and hit me with unreactable mixup into death.

X-Factor is my only complaint about the game, but that makes it far from unenjoyable or not fun (which, in the end, is all that matters). This is the first game I've spent hours in training mode without getting bored in thirty minutes since GG.

As for how powerful the character is when X-Factored, it really just depends. Fast characters become absolutely ridiculous, but still suffer from having a glass jaw. Slower characters like Sentinel will kill any character in one combo, but when they're by themselves, it's very easy to run away and wait for X-Factor to expire. X-Factor is dumb but far from game breaking.

If you want hard combos go play Dante.

lol like 2 people in the world who play Dante actually do the hard combos.

I hear being able to sit in training mode for days though. first game I've felt like figuring shit out on my own rather than just looking it up and trying it once or twice

Tron/Hulk/Doom

hit the opponent with tron once, do a full combo into lunch rush DHC gamma crush for over 950k damage and an overall gain of 1/4 meter.

repeat x N

feels kind of stupid honestly :psyduck:

lol like 2 people in the world who play Dante actually do the hard combos.

I hear being able to sit in training mode for days though. first game I've felt like figuring shit out on my own rather than just looking it up and trying it once or twice

Honestly, there's no point in playing Dante if you don't learn the harder combos. 500k vs 700k is huge.

Tron/Hulk/Doom

hit the opponent with tron once, do a full combo into lunch rush DHC gamma crush for over 950k damage and an overall gain of 1/4 meter.

repeat x N

feels kind of stupid honestly :psyduck:

That is pretty good, but that team doesn't seem very versatile. You're going to have big problems with teams that can zone well or at least be versatile.

Sorry to burst yor bubble,SJ. But most people who play Dante don't play him because of his combos. :v: They either play him because it's "OMG Dante, I love him!" or "He's got guns and swords, I can mash out combos and try to look like I know what I'm doing!" but I've seen some of Dante's more advanced combos.They not only look cool as hell but like you said they do a ton of damage without x-factor. I've tried him out but playing on Xbox Controller just raises frustration.

@Effenhog: If you think that team is what you like working with then try practicing against situational teams to find what your teams weaknesses are. My Zero/Tron/Spencer team seems pretty balanced, the only problem is that if lose Zero or Spencer early in the match then my whole team balance is thrown off completely.

Dormammy 3.4 million. Corner only KFC x3 214lx3

5l > 5m > 236lm > 5l > 2m > 6h > delay 3h > 2m > 3h > s > delay jm > jm > delay jh > js > delay 623ls > 214l(3) > 3h > 214l > 214c > 236lm

Tron/Spider man/ Ryu

I dub it team bullsh*t, mash jump heavy with tron until it hits, launch do custom combo, build meter switch characters mash supers

Sorry to burst yor bubble,SJ. But most people who play Dante don't play him because of his combos. :v: They either play him because it's "OMG Dante, I love him!" or "He's got guns and swords, I can mash out combos and try to look like I know what I'm doing!" but I've seen some of Dante's more advanced combos.They not only look cool as hell but like you said they do a ton of damage without x-factor. I've tried him out but playing on Xbox Controller just raises frustration.

Are we talking about random casuals or people who are actually trying to be competitive here?

Also, sorry but Dante can be played on Xbox controller quite well. Zero on the other hannd...

Oh, wait, "well-tuned comeback mechanic" is an oxymoron.

k groove? bursts?

Are we talking about random casuals or people who are actually trying to be competitive here?

Also, sorry but Dante can be played on Xbox controller quite well. Zero on the other hannd...

random casuals :kitty: I have a friend who just uses Dante just because he's from DMC4 and he mashes with him and I can play Zero just fine on Xbox controller, of course I just do basic shit with him but I play this game for fun. No one else wants to play BBCS with me. :(

k groove? bursts?

Bursts aren't really HERE, LET ME REWARD YOU FOR LOSING.

They're just an added defensive option.

Hell, bursting was like the fucking opposite of a comeback mechanic in CT, lol

random casuals :kitty: I have a friend who just uses Dante just because he's from DMC4 and he mashes with him and I can play Zero just fine on Xbox controller, of course I just do basic shit with him but I play this game for fun. No one else wants to play BBCS with me. :(

DMC3.

not trying to be a dick but there really is a difference...especially between those two.

I dunno how anyone could play Dante well on pad considering there are ton of weird jump cancel cancel options for him. But who knows since someone like Latif could do combo video style Eddie combos on a pad anything is possible.

Burst, both GG and BB, aren't really comeback mechanics. Like Dusk Thanatos said, they're defensive options you get, but aren't really "rewarded" bursts for getting beat up. There's also a risk/reward factor in using bursts, and not to mention an even bigger downside to using them in BB.

K-Groove is pretty balanced as a "comeback mechanic" but in a game like CvS2 (lol A-Groove), it's kind of whatever.

What does make the burst meter refill in GG? I know I have asked this question about 15 times over the last 5 or 6 years but I keep forgetting the answer :v:

I'm struggling to find further reason to play seriously considering I don't have a scene around me and the game is pretty barebones online. Sad too, been playing mahvel since I was 6 :/.

Not to mention other new games coming out, looking at you Pkmn B&W and DA2.