Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Robot War

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Formally known as Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/aug/31/scan-shows-yuns-skateboard-and-yangs-skates/#comments

Alright, now, i'm REALLY happy that Yang is going to be in (don't like Yun), but i'm really wanting some confirmation on if they will be 2 different characters, or will they just pull Yun from one of non-SF3 appearances, and just have Yang pop in for a single super.

I personally want Yang and Yun to be 2 seperate playable characters, not just Yang hops in for Yun's super.

keep your expectations low, and things will be ok

I don't have expectations really, i'm just hoping Yun and Yang will be 2 different characters (like Third Strike), I prefer Yang to Yun. I don't want them being a palette swap like New Generation, and don't want Yang just popping in to say hi for 1 super before going away.

so how much is confirmed that there will be 6 new chars on the arcade?

It makes sense that it would be some multiple of 3, so Capcom doesn't have to mess up their nice perfect rectangle of characters. Then again, they could also have one hanging off on each side like in the screens with the silhouettes that are out now as well. I would imagine they'd either go with 5 or 6 characters.

I'm just hoping Alex gets put in, and a few Alpha characters (doesn't matter which ones to me as long as they don't waste a spot on Charlie. I just like Alpha's characters for some reason, probably since Alpha 2 was the first fighter I've ever encountered). Seems kind of lame that the character that's supposed to be the main character of Street Fighter 3 isn't in the game before the other 3rd Strike characters.

who I want : karin, q, alex ( lol cause turkey oil dude is garbage ), rolento, urien

who capcom will give me : yun/yang, evil ryu, jun/juri, hugo

Alright, i'll go with that formula:

Who I want: Yang, Q, Twelve, Rolento, Sodom, Birdie

Who Capcom will give: Yun (Yang will either not exist again, or come in only as an assist for super), R. Mika, Elena, Karin, Alex, Evil Ryu

i still have some faith that i will see my girls in this game

Elena, R. Mika and Karin

posting this from the old thread

You all should keep your expectations low. An example:

If they put Q in the game...

Critical Combo Attack will be his super. Deadly Double Combination and Total Destruction will be his two ultras. His command grab will have crappy range, forcing you to do a weird kara to produce the same kind of range you should have, but resulting in more startup. His main game will no longer be centered around landing his command grab, but instead will revolve around his High Speed Barrage. High Speed Barrage will be his armor breaker. The EX versions of his dash attacks won't gain any armor or anti-projectile properties. The second hit of Deadly Double Combination can juggle, but not the first hit. The punch version of Total Destruction won't armor-break. Q will have lower than expected defense, requiring two taunts to achieve average defense, but you can taunt a third time to reach above average defense. There are no safe taunt setups.

Ono will say that they've remained very faithful to 3s Q and that old time Q players will enjoy the Super version of Q.

I play Dudley in 3S and main him in SSFIV (though I'm taking a long break from it for a far better game) so I'm not expecting much if Q or Oro actually make it in. I've seen what happens to interesting characters when put into the SFIV engine so not only am I ready for shitty Q but I actually hope he turns out sub average because a character like Q doesn't need to be high or even mid tier.

I fully expect my characters of choice to be complete shit at this point, I just hope they are present. After dealing with Fei Long unable to do much of anything in SF4, I was waiting for Guy and Ibuki...who are both pretty bad in this game. Fei Long, Guy, and Ibuki were previous mains of mine. So i'm entirely expecting to either not get the characters I like, or get them and then they are bottom tier.

If Ono decide to put any of the 3rd strike characters with a charge (like Q, Alex, Remy, Oro and Urien) does it mean that we are going to have charge-partition? Because without that I do not think that they will feel like a 3rd strike character in a SF4 world.