Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Robot War

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Formally known as Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)

who I want : urien

I thought about Urien, and I like the character, but I would bet he would suck. He can't store 2 supers. That alone would be a problem. I don't see them allowing Aegis Reflector to be the same in SSf4, and even if it was it probably wouldn't help him. He is pretty slow moving in 3S. His pokes were nothing amazing. His projectile isn't that great. He has some amazing combos which probably would either not work in SSF4 or do garbage damage. I like Urien but I hope he isn't in the game, since I doubt he would be all that good.

Yun and Yang seem like solid choices from 3S. They have dive kicks at least. I just wonder how their supers will be in SSF4 and if they will have combos anything like 3S.

Yun is on the ground, Yang is being selected on the right machine (if you look at the character select, you can see the blue circle around the far right most select spot, so it's definitely Yang)

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/02_onoshot.jpg

Hmm, I predict that their supers and ultras will work as the following:

Yang Super: Tenshin Senkyuutai

Yang Ultra 1: Sei'ei Enbu

Yang Ultra 2: Raishin Mahaken

Yun Super: Sourai Rengeki

Yun Ultra 1: Gen'ei Jin

Yun Ultra 2: Youhou

I fully expect my characters of choice to be complete shit at this point, I just hope they are present. After dealing with Fei Long unable to do much of anything in SF4, I was waiting for Guy and Ibuki...who are both pretty bad in this game. Fei Long, Guy, and Ibuki were previous mains of mine. So i'm entirely expecting to either not get the characters I like, or get them and then they are bottom tier.

Are you kidding me about Ibuki? She's actually better than SSFIV than she was in III. All her target combos carried over in addition to giving her SFIV style combos, her bullshit grab range, giving her an air grab, being ther only other character who can super jump and jump cancel and she has a wealth of resets and shenanigans. Current tier listing have her as high mid.

Yun is on the ground, Yang is being selected on the right machine (if you look at the character select, you can see the blue circle around the far right most select spot, so it's definitely Yang)

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/02_onoshot.jpg

Hmm, I predict that their supers and ultras will work as the following:

Yang Super: Tenshin Senkyuutai

Yang Ultra 1: Sei'ei Enbu

Yang Ultra 2: Raishin Mahaken

Yun Super: Sourai Rengeki

Yun Ultra 1: Gen'ei Jin

Yun Ultra 2: Youhou

That's a really really bad picture...who the hell stuck action figures in front of the cabs?

That's a really really bad picture...who the hell stuck action figures in front of the cabs?

Ono.

this

It's meant to be a bad picture. The action figures establish that the pictures are from Ono

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/04/ono-dropping-even-more-hints-about-poison-ssf4/

More Poison hints?

+ Fei Long new alt costume idea (Not a big fan of the business suit, but then again, I haven't cared for any of the shown 4th costumes yet) I'll just keep using the red Alt 2 if that's the real costume.

Poison would give me a reason to care about this game

Hmm? I admit i'm a much bigger fan of Blazblue, and that SF4/SSF4 has a nice huge layer of cheese, but, I would have thought you would enjoy the game. I remember seeing people brag about you on Gamefaqs in SF4, and Vega only got better in SSF4.

I'm willing to bet that Ono wasn't hinting at Poison being playable but hinting more that Hugo is in. He's stated in the past that he'd love to add Hugo so I geuss we'll see.

I'm not a big fan of grapplers and Hugo without parry seems... Wrong. But if true I'll give him a shot. Much rather see Q though...

Re: Fei alt. That shits badass. Will totally rock the inevitable black and red suit.

I dunno, i'm really hoping they don't (but I know they will) go with the cop-out answer of using Elena, no one ever cared about her during SF3. She just miraculously became popular about the time SSF4 was coming out. Then again, Yang's in, so, I can't ask too much, I got 1/6 characters I hoped would be added. And realistically, Rolento is very likely too, so I might get 2/6. I really doubt Q, Twelve, Sodom, or Birdie will be added.

Re: Fei Alt

I do think black and red would look cool, though i'd probably go looking for the red suit. Maybe if it was a red suit with the black undershirt, yellow tie (not sure the tie color matters, but yellow would be cool), different color shades (black frame with green-ish blue lenses?), and black shoes, I might go for that.

Hmm? I admit i'm a much bigger fan of Blazblue, and that SF4/SSF4 has a nice huge layer of cheese, but, I would have thought you would enjoy the game. I remember seeing people brag about you on Gamefaqs in SF4, and Vega only got better in SSF4.

waaaat

SSFIV Vega = more annoying than Arakune

That's pretty damn annoying then. I haven't fought many Vega players at all. Most always spam that wall bounce claw slash thing, that's just free HK while jumping back for my Fei Long and Ibuki (not sure about Guy, though I could try to use his air command throw).

My two mains are Dudley and Hakan and neither have great options for dealing with wall jump shenanigans. Dudleys DP is a massive pile of shit.

I was under the impression that pretty much everyone had a normal they could just jump back and punish him with.

I was under the impression that pretty much everyone had a normal they could just jump back and punish him with.

Every character probably has multiple normals that they can backdash and punish with but a good Vega isn't going to let that tactic beat him. Vegas wall jump is controllable which means once a Vega gets punished he can start playing with you. Vega crossups can be very ambiguous.

I'm going to go ahead and say that there is a zero percent chance that Sodom will make it in.

When they said there's more than characters added to SSFIV...and the mention of Poison.

It dawned on me they could be considering adding a "Final Fight" mode...kinda like GG Boost or GG Judgment beat em up mode for SF characters to mess around in. Cody and Guy and Zangief would be right at home in a game mode like that.

Poison to :psyduck: how could I forget him/her, the day she/he and Karin are announced is the day I go to gamestop.