Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Robot War

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Formally known as Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)

ono posted some previews of some alternamte costumes on his tweet

so far im really loving the new outfit for sakura :kitty:

the idea of the new of juri looks cool, but her gorilla feet and gorilla hands ...:gonk:

cammy, looks like they recolored her ninja, cat woman outfit for plain black to purple :vbang:

7.jpg

G.jpg

w_m.jpg

if i were the one in charge, all the new costumes for the females would be sexy sun dresses :kitty:

and why dont you rock the sexy ex costume 2 bbq

I want Karin in, I'd probably try SSF4 then. That, and if they make some well-needed balance changes.

Soo, who thinks console players will have to pay for arcade character DLC?

I remember in an interview Ono said that changes that would affect the gameplay will be offered for free. Adding characters would definitely fall into that.

I remember in an interview Ono said that changes that would affect the gameplay will be offered for free. Adding characters would definitely fall into that.

balance changes fall on that category, but characters no

you are really out of your mind if you believe that they arent gonna charge for the characters

if i were the one in charge, all the new costumes for the females would be sexy sun dresses :kitty:

and why dont you rock the sexy ex costume 2 bbq

I don't like either of her current alts. For one, they look the fucking same to me.

Plus, default 6 looks like her V-ism Kick color from A3.

I really hope they make Yun EX moves really good so I never have to see Genei Jin used in a match.

"7:09PM PST-Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo did near 50%, so it is looking like a very strong super.(Anonymous Location Tester)"

lol

"7:09PM PST-Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo did near 50%, so it is looking like a very strong super.(Anonymous Location Tester)"

lol

I want to cry

God dammit... Yun and Yang are great and all but I want unique fucking characters. Where's my Oro, Q and Necro?

Hakan buffs make me consider playing again though...

>> balance changes

>> Yun's Geni Jin combo did near 50%

ggs capcom

Without EX he has no escapes, if it's like 3S, the twins will bleed like hell.. Sooo, basically he will either never get super, or he won't be able to stop you from raping his frail ass life bar.

Can't guarantee that will be the outcome, but, it's a pretty fiar trade IMO.

Nice, Yang confirmed. I noticed a lack of mention for his dive kick, rolling kick, flip throw, and palm thrust. I really hope they didn't remove them, that would destroy Yang. Otherwise, sounds good to me.

Later reports say that he has all his third strike target combos, his dive kick is almost (if not) the same as Yun's (which is the same as Rufus's), he has his rollling kick, and his palm thrust. No word on his command grab yet but he has his command dash. Some are saying that his EX Fist Slash is his best wake-up option whereas Yun is lacking one. I can't wait for Yang to hit consoles!

Don't really care for Yun and Yang, but Hakan now seems pretty interesting.

My thoughts on the other characters' changes.

Zangief's EX Green Hand no longer knocks down. Range on his Ultra 2 was increased, but so was the recovery time.

Pretty interesting buffs. Gief's starting to gain some ground, though not as much ground as Vanilla.

Seth's Jumping Hard Punch is gone, the one copied from Dhalsim. It wasn't clear what exactly this was replaced with.

Here's the first mistake of this loketest. Seth's keep-away game, which is what he's mainly about due to his godawful health, has been effectively crippled thanks to this. Maybe they're trying to make him a more offensive character?

The distance Blanka flies away after a blocked Beast Roll has been cut in half, making it much easier to punish if blocked.

Beautiful.

Ryu and Akuma's Air Hurricane Kicks are no longer as effective for escaping bad situations. If these are done in the air before hitting the peak of the jump, they'll become floaty and go nowhere. Crossing up with a Hurricane Kick still works, though.

Finally, much less Shoto turtling.

Juri's Kick Fireball seems easier to combo with now.

I honestly don't see why this is needed.

E. Honda's damage has been reduced, and it may be harder to combo into his Hundred Hand Slaps. Ultra 2 Oicho Throw has had its command changed from a 720 rotation to a 2x half-circle back motion.

Honda was pretty overpowered to begin with, so this is a much-needed set of changes. Although I don't think that making it harder to combo into the slaps was necessary, the motion change for U2 definitely was. It's now become much more viable due to easier buffering.

Ken's EX Hurricane Kick can be blocked low. He has more recovery on his Light Dragon Punch, but can juggle after a Light anti-air Shoryuken with an EX Fireball, just like Ryu.

Looks like Ken and Ryu are starting to become the same character again.

Guile's damage has been nerfed and his Sonic Boom no longer builds Super meter. It seems unlikely that the latter change will stay in the game, though.

Due to his reduced charge time on his Sonic Boom, it's easy to see why it doesn't build meter when launched (only when hit). I say this change should stay.

M. Bison's Ultra 2 is now a charge motion with way more recovery.

After reading this I found out that the new motion is (B), F, B, F+PPP. I originally thought it was going to be a triangle charge (DB, DF, DB, UF+KKK), but after seeing this there is hope.

Cammy's normal moves are easier to combo with now, but Tiger Knee (instant) Canon Strikes are no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, and the EX version can still be Tiger Kneed (done instantly).

Good riddance. I hate Cammy.

Makoto's EX Dash Punch (Hayate) now breaks armor. She also received a slightly faster walk speed and her Axe Kicks are more like they were in Third Strike.

Looks like Capcom finally managed to fully transition her from 3S to SSF4 properly.

Dudley had an EX version of his "Ducking" attack added. This is where he slides forward and can punch or uppercut, it lacks Super Armor. This travels the same distance as the Hard Kick version, but recovers almost instantly. Crouching Hard Kick (Launcher) may be faster, although it's debatable at this point. Jumping Hard Kick knocks down in air-to-air situations.

Keep it classy, Capcom.

Chun-Li had no apparent changes, although it seems like her Crouching Hard Kick sweep doesn't do as much stun.

Looks like she's still gonna be top tier.