Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

You guys should either post some info to get some games in or ask in IRC/idle there. As for me, I'm sometimes in IRC under the same name, or you can just AIM me and shout GUILTY GARE into my screen.

i found a really low ping server (low 20s) and was not able to play much due to the god damn graphical glitches with the emulator...as well as desynchs

ac online is a giant clusterfuck and unfortunately nothing more than just a tease...this isn't even close to playable atm :(

only play p2p, don't use wireless (it doesn't effect ggpo too much, but it fucks kailera up big time), make sure the connecting player unmaps his coin button because that causes desyncs.

if you do all of the above, it's not so bad.

To play p2p, do you need to open any ports on your firewall? If so is there a listing for which ones?

only if you want to host. the default port is 27886. what i do is temporarily dmz my system when i want to host, then set it back to the usual port settings when i'm done.

ANYWAYS, it's come to my attention that this emulator has a slight amount of input lag. unfortunately, i can't for the life of me figure out why, which probably means it's something about the code of the emulator and therefore way the fuck out of my league. i've tried increasing usb polling rates to no avail, and it lags just as much on xinput as it does on directinput.

It's funny because the FRCs I do off muscle memory I get liek 1/5 tries on the emulated ver. but the one I do off visual cue, is the one I can do perfectly.

I need to learn this fucking DP FRC for robo.

I finally get to mash DP, and have it be safe, even on WHIFF!!?! :kitty:

...As soon as I learn the timing. :vbang:

Shout outs to learning your FRC's and maintaining them through muscle memory, and not visual cues. :]

that actually doesn't work well for some frc's, like divine blade which is height dependent.

I just thought since it emulates the arcade ver, and I am used to console, that I just sucked at adjusting.. the more you know :eng101:

yeah man, try doing a jump cancel combo in the emulator. you fucking black beat the jump cancel, lol.

Axl doesn't use many double jump combos. I noticed doing launch in to (stuff)2S 623H the 623H black beat almost every time, though. That's not even net play either, that was just single player emulator play. :I:

isad

I manged to get many matches of AC in with my buddy. We are both in NorCal and the ping was about 25ms. The latency was pretty much non-existent. I'm stoked to finally see Kaillera implemented into a Naomi emulator.

One thing that I found helps with the desync problem is create an NVRAM save with the game set to Free Play. You do this by going into the test menu and then the credit sub-menu. Then just close Demul and send the NVRAM file for the game to the person you are going to play against.

So what is the general consensus on this whole thing? If I don't have a copy of AC or a ps2 is it worth getting if I have a rig that will support it? I only play at the arcades and I wanna learn more FRCs and actually practice combos instead of watching vids before heading out and trying to remember them @_@

If you have a good computer I honestly think its pretty good. I have a i7 3.0GHz computer and it runs great.

Online experiences so far have been really good for me, as long as I'm playing people with low ping (sub 50-ms).

So what is the general consensus on this whole thing? If I don't have a copy of AC or a ps2 is it worth getting if I have a rig that will support it? I only play at the arcades and I wanna learn more FRCs and actually practice combos instead of watching vids before heading out and trying to remember them @_@

if it is the ONLY reason and game you will play on your pc then no, too many glitches and desynchs, frame delay is bad...however a gaming pc is THE best gaming experience with a ton of great games to get into so...:psyduck:

the biggest problem is that the emulator fucking sucks at reading inputs.

i didn't think it would be too hard to adjust between emulator and ps2, but it is. i was dropping jump cancels on saturday because i was used to overcompensating for the emulator's crap command interpreter (since my ps2 is currently broken, but i'm getting a new one this week anyways).

so uh, i would recommend that you just get a ps2 and ac. if you wanna spend a grand just to play this game, you're much better off getting a naomi and the gd-rom, lol.

i'm sure at least some of you have been wondering: "where the hell is the option for scanline emulation in demul?"

well, it's there, you just have to make it yourself. observe; make this file in notepad and call it scanlines.slf.

uniform sampler2D OGL2Texture;

void main()

{

vec4 rgb = texture2D(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy);

// if x is even => smooth with next pixel

if (fract(gl_FragCoord.x*0.5)>0.5)

rgb = ( rgb + texture2D(OGL2Texture,gl_TexCoord[1].xy) )*0.5;

// Test on 2 lines

//	float test = fract(gl_FragCoord.y/2);		

//	if (test>0.5)	gl_FragColor = rgb;

//	else     		gl_FragColor = rgb*0.5;

// Test on 3 lines

//	float test = fract(gl_FragCoord.y/3);		

//	if (test>0.666)		gl_FragColor = rgb;

//	else if(test>0.333)	gl_FragColor = rgb*0.75;

//	else     			gl_FragColor = rgb*0.5;

// Test on 4 lines

float test = fract(gl_FragCoord.y/4);		

if (test>0.75)		gl_FragColor = rgb;

else if (test>0.5)		gl_FragColor = rgb*0.75;

else if (test>0.25)	gl_FragColor = rgb*0.5;

else     			gl_FragColor = rgb*0.25;

}
then make this one and call it scanlines.slv
uniform vec4 OGL2Param;

uniform vec4 OGL2Size;

void main()

{

float x = (OGL2Size.x/2048.0)*OGL2Param.x;

float y = (OGL2Size.y/1024.0)*OGL2Param.y;

gl_Position = ftransform();

gl_TexCoord[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0;

gl_TexCoord[1].xy = gl_TexCoord[0].xy + vec2( x, 0.0 );

}

put them both in whatever directory you want (i made one called shaders in the demul directory) and there you go, glorious scanlines.

if you've been having any of the same issues i've been having with occasional hiccups and trouble reading inputs you should give this a shot as well, as it seems to have entirely alleviated the former and partially the latter.

thanks to Reaver (YEAH REAVER ACTUALLY DID SMTH USEFUL ((maybe worth unbanning?)) ).

He made a plugin/code so NullDC supports online for AC.

No more desyncs, its p2p and you can set delays like in #R.

GJ.

not bad...but there needs to be an option to bind for keyboard play (so I can make an FRC macro with xpadder!!)

*edit*

Actually just add a better pad configurator period...I can't get my pad to work with this.

Edited by vedasisme

Heylo!

I'll write something up again later tonight as well as hotlink nullDC that reaVer made.

I'll be testing with guys in IRC.

So far, us NA guys have a really big Frame Drop issue. Gonna see if we can resolve it.

but its better than Kaillerra for sure!

Will post updates later!

Edited by LaPengo

Update!

Fixed the lag issue (sorta!)

Its pretty nitpicky about Ports and Routers :<

I'll update the site tonight.

In the meantime, IRC for help/stuff!

EDIT:

https://sites.google.com/site/ggxxaconline/

GET HYPE!!

Played a bunch, almost no Desyncs, 60fps!! 4Delay is good for medium distances, 2Delay for short!

It ain't no GGPO, but its good enough for me!

Edited by LaPengo

Sign in to follow this