Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

Every time I run nullDC, my "3 IN 1 Conversion-Box.QJC" file is reverted to a blank state. Anyone know why this is happening?

Thats a bug with reaVer's code, he'll be fixing it I believe.

Sometimes it wipes out Controller stuff D:

Every time I run nullDC, my "3 IN 1 Conversion-Box.QJC" file is reverted to a blank state. Anyone know why this is happening?

Same here, but even when set to Read-Only the config just doesn't want to work. Weirdness.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it.

If you copy the example config from the site, remove the \\comments (or just write the whole thing from scratch) and then set the file to be Read-Only (right-click > properties > Read-Only). This got it working just fine for me.

Edit Edit: Anyone know a way to have it recognize trigger/axis inputs?

Edited by Circuitous

To use the other "Stick" of your Pad, and not POV/D-Pad switchs, use this:

axis_z_negative=Up

axis_z_positive=Down

axis_w_negative=Left

axis_w_positive=Right

Ah, good stuff. I'll have to try that.

Edit: Hm. Does this only work for directional inputs?

Edited by Circuitous

So, uh, my dpad doesn't work at all. Everything is fine and dandy but I can't move.

I've tried replacing hat with axis, same thing. It's a Logitech Precision, btw.

Any ideas before I go buy a new pad, which I have to do anyway?

So, uh, my dpad doesn't work at all. Everything is fine and dandy but I can't move.

I've tried replacing hat with axis, same thing. It's a Logitech Precision, btw.

Any ideas before I go buy a new pad, which I have to do anyway?

Try these ones:

axis_x_negative=Up

axis_x_positive=Down

axis_y_negative=Left

axis_y_positive=Right

Or if you're using a PSX/PS2 to USB converter, try these settings.

To use the other "Stick" of your Pad, and not POV/D-Pad switchs, use this:

axis_z_negative=Up

axis_z_positive=Down

axis_w_negative=Left

axis_w_positive=Right

For some reason the z/w axes are bound to the left stick, and x/y axes are bound to the right stick. And PS to PC USB converters when used with certain controllers (sticks and non DS2s) will bind to the left analog by default, which are the z/w axes.

is there a decent opengl plugin for nulldc? because otherwise i don't think this is happening for me.

also, allowing Z axis to be used as a button is pretty damn important. a lot of us have hraps and don't want to swap buttons just to play on an emulator.

Is it just me or is there some horrible input lag? I've tried tweaking the emulator to speed things up but I just can't get it to be as fast as it should be. Despite 100% speed emulation and 60fps, it still feels as though the actual commands happen several frames after the input. It's slightly better than demul I guess but it's nowhere near perfect.

Suggestions?

how several?

I've been able to do 3f frc's pretty decently, so it might just be your computer or controller.

this isn't so much of a problem for most frcs and all but more so for comboing and blocking

frcs you can do off of muscle memory, so even if there is some input lag, as long as its constant it won't make a difference

i dunno if it was lagging or not but on my computer the speed felt off... i didn't really play all that much so i'm not entirely sure what exactly it was... but on my computer it felt a little faster than on ps2

Edited by M.Song

GG doesn't run any faster on PS2 than arcade or vice versa. The main 'speed' difference is that the PS2 games don't suffer from slowdown during superfreeze when projectiles or heavy effects are involved (see: Dark Angel, Ride the Lightning, etc).

Is it just me or is there some horrible input lag? I've tried tweaking the emulator to speed things up but I just can't get it to be as fast as it should be. Despite 100% speed emulation and 60fps, it still feels as though the actual commands happen several frames after the input. It's slightly better than demul I guess but it's nowhere near perfect.

Suggestions?

I think it's just you - there's no unexpected input lag on either Demul or NullDC from what I've experienced. Delay 2 on NullDC feels like Delay 2 on #R. If you're playing on any sort of LCD monitor, you'll have 1 extra frame of delay at the very least over a PS2 AC + CRT, and possibly more depending on the brand/quality of monitor. Even the "lagless" Evo monitors have been tested to have an average of 22 ms delay. This might be what you're noticing, you could try booting up #R PC w/Delay 0 and comparing the NullDC AC to that.

GG doesn't run any faster on PS2 than arcade or vice versa. The main 'speed' difference is that the PS2 games don't suffer from slowdown during superfreeze when projectiles or heavy effects are involved (see: Dark Angel, Ride the Lightning, etc).

i guess team sp00ky proved otherwise some time ago, but i was never able to find a post about it myself. 4r5 was the first person on this forum to give attention to it, so ask him about it.

Even the "lagless" Evo monitors have been tested to have an average of 22 ms delay.

oh, don't even get me started on that.

i guess team sp00ky proved otherwise some time ago, but i was never able to find a post about it myself. 4r5 was the first person on this forum to give attention to it, so ask him about it.

Outside of AC Online, I'd really like to know more about this or any other gameplay differences between the NAOMI versions of the game and PS2.

> Download AC

> Discover it runs horribly because of your piece of shit computer

> Cry to yourself for several hours.

God damnit.

Even the "lagless" Evo monitors have been tested to have an average of 22 ms delay. This might be what you're noticing, you could try booting up #R PC w/Delay 0 and comparing the NullDC AC to that.

...What?

It's my understanding that the stopwatch test is pretty damn accurate. Where is this result coming from?

Edited by Dusk Thanatos

Is there a lobby to find players like #R?

Nope, we just talk in #reloadonline irc channel at chatspike, you need hosts Ip or viceversa to connect. anyway delay2 from finland to england and its super smooth.

Also reaver added keyb support, so those who couldnt play before, can do so now.

Sign in to follow this