Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

...What?

It's my understanding that the stopwatch test is pretty damn accurate. Where is this result coming from?

Yes, this is via the stopwatch test against a CRT. The original result I read on a hardware forum showed a variable delay of 0-45 ms. I don't have the link handy though, it was quite a long time ago.

Quick google search came up with this though. Here's another test by someone else, that shows the same result. In pausing the video at various times, you'll either see zero difference, or the Asus VH236 being 40~45 ms behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fe8GWgxPwA&feature=player_embedded

On a side note, I went out of my way to scour for a native 720p monitor (a true 1280x720 native resolution monitor, not the 99% of "720p" monitors that are actually 1366x768 and scale the picture up to that res) and I've tested it to have about 10-12 ms average delay for 720p games -- by far the lowest I've ever seen on an LCD. Modern non-native LCDs average between 20-30 ms for 720p. If you're interested, run a search on "Gateway FPD1775W", though they're pretty rare these days.

Edited by Teyah

Yes, this is via the stopwatch test against a CRT. The original result I read on a hardware forum showed a variable delay of 0-45 ms. I don't have the link handy though, it was quite a long time ago.

Quick google search came up with this though. Here's another test by someone else, that shows the same result. In pausing the video at various times, you'll either see zero difference, or the Asus VH236 being 40~45 ms behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fe8GWgxPwA&feature=player_embedded

On a side note, I went out of my way to scour for a native 720p monitor (a true 1280x720 native resolution monitor, not the 99% of "720p" monitors that are actually 1366x768 and scale the picture up to that res) and I've tested it to have about 10-12 ms average delay for 720p games -- by far the lowest I've ever seen on an LCD. Modern non-native LCDs average between 20-30 ms for 720p. If you're interested, run a search on "Gateway FPD1775W", though they're pretty rare these days.

Damn, I went off on you. My bad.

Thanks a ton for actually being really helpful with your response. I appreciate it.

Now, if only I could find a video like that for my monitor = /

Very excited and thankful this is up and running! Unfortunately it seems the Robo-Ky crash/bug prevents me from enjoying it completely, but pretty hype nonetheless! Played against Purrin, Yeknom and others and it's quite good.

v-sync on actually helps stability, you can enable it in the dcemu settings.

if your keys keep unbinding I found that setting the key configure file to read-only helps

I have not experienced the r-ky bug, I was able to play a few with r-ky, A fix will be found im sure.

AC and #reload matchmaking for the US is still at #reloadonline. get on it!

I am having problems connecting..I tested it with a friend, we are unable to connect to each other, but when we both use hamachi he cannot connect to me when i host, but i am able to connect to him when he hosts, any ideas?

I am having problems connecting..I tested it with a friend, we are unable to connect to each other, but when we both use hamachi he cannot connect to me when i host, but i am able to connect to him when he hosts, any ideas?

I believe some people had difficulty hosting because of router problems

2 people who had routers could not connect to eachother

but strangely I am connected to a router and I have no problems

your welcome to join our irc chat to try your connection on other people, also someone there could probably give you a better information

oh yeah hamachi sounds like a great idea, i should try that :p

Hamachi/Tunggle/etc/Any VPN is a horrible idea.

P2P will always be better instead of connecting to a 3rd Server (Lag +) and then transmitting data (Lag ++)

Also, if you can't connect that means you:

1. Didn't let program through Firewalls

2. Didn't forward Ports correctly

3. Don't have it setup right in nulldc.cfg, please read the Setup.

Well, I'll plead ignorance as I've never really played PC games. I still can't host. Any ideas?

Running windows XP. Behind a router with 5~6 machines connected.

1. Firewall

I've added TCP/UDP exceptions for port 27886 and added a program exception for nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe

Also have turned the firewall completely off during troubleshooting.

2. Port Forwarding

Logged into the router and turned on port forwarding for 27886 to my comp's local IP (192.168.1.32 per ipconfig)

3. NullDC.cfg (71.197.223.137 is my router's IP from www.whatsmyip.org or logging into the router)

[Netplay]

Enabled=1

Hosting=1

Host=71.197.223.137

Port=27886

Delay=4

Well, I'll plead ignorance as I've never really played PC games. I still can't host. Any ideas?

Running windows XP. Behind a router with 5~6 machines connected.

1. Firewall

I've added TCP/UDP exceptions for port 27886 and added a program exception for nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe

Also have turned the firewall completely off during troubleshooting.

2. Port Forwarding

Logged into the router and turned on port forwarding for 27886 to my comp's local IP (192.168.1.32 per ipconfig)

3. NullDC.cfg (71.197.223.137 is my router's IP from www.whatsmyip.org or logging into the router)

[Netplay]

Enabled=1

Hosting=1

Host=71.197.223.137

Port=27886

Delay=4

Looks okay, next steps would be to "Eliminate the Problem".

Try these steps (If Possible)

1. Is it the Router?

Straight connect to your Modem box, bypassing the Router. If it works, try restarting Router first, including your Computer.

2. Is it my Firewall?

Temporarily disable your Firewall

3. Are my ports really open?

www.whatsmyip.org includes a free Port Scanner, goto Custom Port and type in 27886. While the game is not running, it should say CLOSED. While game is running, it should say OPEN. It should NOT say Timed Out

4. Did your opponent set it up right?

Make sure your opponent can do everything as well.

5. Can you connect to other people who can host?

Try connecting to people who have it setup already? Heck, connect to me! (I think we're close!)

6. Do you have a VPN active? (Hamachi, Tuungle, etc)

If you have a VPN active, sometimes it "overrides" your computer IP with priority. You may have to disable and restart.

Since you disabled your Firewall, I'm going to assume its the Router Forwarding.

Let us know how you fair, or just talk to me on IRC.

*NOTE*

If you have Firewall on, you won't ever get a "Closed" ping with the Port Scanner.

However, if you're hosting and waiting for an opponent, it should say "Open" once.

And if you're hosting, the "Ping" will actually trigger the game start and close the port again for scanners.

Edited by LaPengo

Last time I tried to play I found NO ONE, and when i have asked in chat why I've been responded that it was unplayable and everyone returned on #R.

Can you please clearify :psyduck:

A working online mode could be a God's gift to make something to move here in It***, where everyone had passed to Blazblue or stucked in reload...:arg:

> Download AC

> Discover it runs horribly because of your piece of shit computer

> Cry to yourself for several hours.

God damnit.

*patiently waits for some miracle to allow Intel Integrated Graphics to work for NullDC*

Last time I tried to play I found NO ONE, and when i have asked in chat why I've been responded that it was unplayable and everyone returned on #R.

Can you please clearify :psyduck:

A working online mode could be a God's gift to make something to move here in It***, where everyone had passed to Blazblue or stucked in reload...:arg:

yes it works now with different emulator and it doesnt use that shitty kaillera.

I'm trying to get this set up, so far I'm at the point where I'm trying the game offline to see if my controller works. But when I open ggxxac, the Naomi logo shows up, but then an error shows on screen saying: "Error 01 This game is not acceptable by main board." Can anybody tell me what I did wrong?

I'm trying to get this set up, so far I'm at the point where I'm trying the game offline to see if my controller works. But when I open ggxxac, the Naomi logo shows up, but then an error shows on screen saying: "Error 01 This game is not acceptable by main board." Can anybody tell me what I did wrong?

That happens because of 2 things:

1. Incorrect 'GG File' status

2. Loaded it wrong

You should have the GG Files, in whatever folder together, extracted

To start, you should be doing 'File->Normal Boot' and selecting the .LST file

I'm still getting the same error T_T

I extract ggxxac to a folder named "Roms", 2 ggxxac files show up in there, I open "nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace", go to File > Normal Boot, select ggxxac.lst, and the Naomi logo comes up, then the screen darkens and gives that error.

What do you mean by the first one, "Incorrect 'GG File' status"?

EDIT:

Nevermind, got it working! Friend suggested I "run as administrator" and it worked for whatever reason. Now to get online set up.

Edited by VR-Raiden

Looks okay, next steps would be to "Eliminate the Problem".

Try these steps (If Possible)

1. Is it the Router?

Straight connect to your Modem box, bypassing the Router. If it works, try restarting Router first, including your Computer.

2. Is it my Firewall?

Temporarily disable your Firewall

3. Are my ports really open?

www.whatsmyip.org includes a free Port Scanner, goto Custom Port and type in 27886. While the game is not running, it should say CLOSED. While game is running, it should say OPEN. It should NOT say Timed Out

4. Did your opponent set it up right?

Make sure your opponent can do everything as well.

5. Can you connect to other people who can host?

Try connecting to people who have it setup already? Heck, connect to me! (I think we're close!)

6. Do you have a VPN active? (Hamachi, Tuungle, etc)

If you have a VPN active, sometimes it "overrides" your computer IP with priority. You may have to disable and restart.

Since you disabled your Firewall, I'm going to assume its the Router Forwarding.

Let us know how you fair, or just talk to me on IRC.

*NOTE*

If you have Firewall on, you won't ever get a "Closed" ping with the Port Scanner.

However, if you're hosting and waiting for an opponent, it should say "Open" once.

And if you're hosting, the "Ping" will actually trigger the game start and close the port again for scanners.

I tried all this and when hosting nullDC says "Hosting... Connection failed: accept <> failed" or just "Hosting..." until program crash depending on what plugin versions I use.

When testing that port on whatismyip.org it always comes up as closed, I've checked that it's open/forwarded correctly in my router.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this or what to try?

If I open nullDC up with hosting enabled... it eventually just times out with connect() failed. Even if no one tries to connect.

What's up with that? It's kind of misleading and annoying to have to keep restarting nullDC while waiting for the opponent.

If I change the game assignments from the NAOMI test menu - does that sync to the other player? I wouldn't mind playing 3 of 5, but I don't want to cause a desync or some bizarre behavior if it doesn't sync to the opponent.

Also -

Dear North America,

Everyone ready-to-play isn't from the U.S. Represent, damnit.

I've managed to play 3 people in the 40+ hours I idled on IRC.

I was having some pinging issues today when getting my stuff set up. I had my ports forwarded and (after some tinkering with my router) my friend was able to ping me, but I just couldn't ping him for some reason. Thus, couldn't get it to connect.

So I instead set up hamachi and it worked like a charm. Unless anyone has any reason why hamachi shouldn't be used, I think I'll be using it from now on for GGAC.

I also joined the steam group and I'm around a lot, so if anyone wants to hit me up for some rounds just shoot me a message. Unless I'm working on something important I'll be down for some hype shit.

There is a common misconception that if you can't ping them, you can't connect. This is wrong.

If you're pinging someone with a Firewall (any), you're going to get denied and have it time out. Plain and simple.

Unless its setup to allow 'pings', than its going to Time Out.

DMZ mode lets pings through (Routers), but is not really recommended...

Why not use Hamachi?

Simple. But let me ask you that question in a different way.

Why use a Virtual Private Network program that simulates P2P, to P2P, when you could use... P2P?

You're adding an extra 'stops' to the network connection for no reason!

The steps to bypass your normal network is the exact same as a VPN (Hamachi, Tuungle, etc).

In the end, you still have to forward ports, and you still have let it through a firewall, but instead of your normal network, you're just doing it on the Hamachi Network.

If you can connect through Hamachi, you can connect directly too! There isn't a real reason to add lag for no reason.

What are the errors that you're getting in the console?

Is it saying "Connection Failed"? Is it starting on its own? Are you getting desyncs immediately?

I think the issue may have been my friends network then. Either way, Hamachi worked for us.

I understand it's more stops but it's better than nothing (using Hamachi to tunnel through his campus net versus being unable to ping him at all because of the campus firewall).

When we tried to connect without hamachi, with me hosting, nothing happened. It would just say "Starting Netplay" and "Hosting..." but nothing would happen no matter how long I left it.

When he tried to host, just to test, it would start the game on it's own. There were also a ton of errors that I can't remember. I figured out why he couldn't ping me originally (my router was denying ping requests so I just told it to allow all and send them to my computer rather than any other on the network) but I guess the ultimate issue in this particular setup was his network, aka the campus firewall wouldn't forward the ports.

So I guess the lesson here is if pinging works fine, just connect directly, but if there are firewall issues that can't be resolved (he can't forward his ports through the campus firewall obviously) then Hamachi can be used to solve the issue.

Using the Campus Net is most likely the problem, since you can't really edit any of the settings.

So I guess in this case, I guess you're only option is Hamachi/Tuungle :(

Sign in to follow this