Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

There is a common misconception that if you can't ping them, you can't connect. This is wrong.

If you're pinging someone with a Firewall (any), you're going to get denied and have it time out. Plain and simple.

Unless its setup to allow 'pings', than its going to Time Out.

DMZ mode lets pings through (Routers), but is not really recommended...

While the suggestion that no ping != no connect is true.... most of this is fundamentally incorrect.

You would ping an interface. Not a host behind NAT. In other words, the ICMP request would generally be answered (or ignored) at the DSL/Cable/T1/dialup/whatever interface. The special exception here is DMZ where you would forward all traffic to an internal host, as you mentioned. Some routers may allow rules to forward ICMP - but that is not the standard.

Many carriers will ignore ICMP as a historical practice to reduce the usage of it in DDoS and that's where you get the timeouts. It has absolutely nothing to do with firewalls on the local network.

As for VPNs - there are quite a few reasons you would actually REDUCE latency when using one. They are generally special cases - you absolutely cannot declare VPN = OMGLAG!!111

Example -

Many providers are using traffic shaping rules and will generally route "common" traffic more efficiently than obscure ports. Especially if those ports fall into the range of torrents, etc - the hosts are more likely to throw these through additional rules and even assign them different link weights.

If Hamachi is using a standard port then all traffic going through Hamachi is subject to the same traffic shaping regardless of port and actual destination.

Edited by Supa

Why didn't I know sooner that this thread existed? Now I'm suddenly motivated to relearn my scrubby and rusty AC Millia. Anybody from the WC want to body me while I relearn this game?

And I've been hearing that nullDC is better? What's the recent working version? Google isn't exactly helpful right now. :v:

good stuff...played online %) but i have a problem T_T dunno why but it's laggy even when i'm playing with bots T_T like im playing with them at 4-6 mb more delay =(( ggac runs at full 60fps...help please =(

cpu - i5 2500k

gpu - radeon 6950 2gb

I am having difficulties right here. At first, I could boot the game but the keyboard didn't work although I've put the updated DLL and such. But then realized that I didn't put the plugins at the proper place. And when I did, it became impossible to boot the game. Any ideas?

I'm trying to get this set up, so far I'm at the point where I'm trying the game offline to see if my controller works. But when I open ggxxac, the Naomi logo shows up, but then an error shows on screen saying: "Error 01 This game is not acceptable by main board." Can anybody tell me what I did wrong?

I get this, I AM administrator still not working.....babu

I've finally gotten it to work. But I'd like to try out my combos on an opponent that doesn't move... I'm not sure I understand the explanation on the setup website. Anybody care to help me out on setting up a Player 2?

I've only played BrentQuest, and I think he's in Oregon now, which is like the other side of the country for me, and we had to play with a delay of 5 frames. It definitely messed with our game, and obviously makes okizemes, mixups, reversals, and ib's a lot harder. As we played more, we started to adjust to combos and almost completed a couple towards the end. We probably played somewhere from 10-15 matches. Slashbacks are pretty much impossible.

All that said, it ran exactly like GG should run on a 5 frame delay. Most matches were perfectly smooth with 0 lag spikes whatsoever. I look forward to playing somebody with whom I have a better connection. At a 1 or 2 frame delay it probably wouldn't be too bad.

I've only played BrentQuest, and I think he's in Oregon now, which is like the other side of the country for me, and we had to play with a delay of 5 frames. It definitely messed with our game, and obviously makes okizemes, mixups, reversals, and ib's a lot harder. As we played more, we started to adjust to combos and almost completed a couple towards the end. We probably played somewhere from 10-15 matches. Slashbacks are pretty much impossible.

All that said, it ran exactly like GG should run on a 5 frame delay. Most matches were perfectly smooth with 0 lag spikes whatsoever. I look forward to playing somebody with whom I have a better connection. At a 1 or 2 frame delay it probably wouldn't be too bad.

hey we can probably get some delay 2 if we can get ping under 60ms, which is very possible as i also reside in the midwest

do you have aim or steam?

shoot me a pm

Edited by Sym_

Hey, somebody should say something about making sure your modem doesn't have a firewall, or forwarding through that as well as the router.

I scratched my head like all day trying to figure out why I wasn't port forwarding while I clearly had no firewall up on my pc, and had clearly forwarded on the router.

Daisuke himself said GG players were too old to play video games, so most of us don't know a lot about computers and networking and all this new-fangled technology. When I was your age a net work was a bunch of cans with string running from one to the other, etc.

So yeah, somebody should just add to the FAQs that your modem may have a firewall in addition to your computer and router.

Thank you.

i've disabled all firewalls, changed all kinds of settings but still i cannot host a game when i am on router...at best someone can ping me

Hi I'm looking for people to play GGXXAC online with... if anyone is interested give me a reply and we decide a time to play.

PS: My main is bridget and I found a player to play against before and I was playing at delay 2 then witch worked really great.

And also I'm living in sweden.

Ok so I just found out today that Guilty Gear was readily available online(God is good). Today has been a long day of discoveries. I first found out about Guilty Gear XX Reloaded and from trying to find out more about how to set that one up I found out that GGAC was available so I jumped on that and have been stuck ever since. I found instructions at this site http://sites.google.com/site/ggxxaconline/setup which lead me to you good people. I set everything up, followed all the instructions, but of course there is only one problem, no server!! Now I know its possible through kaillera, but I just don't know how. There is so much info its hard to find out what the up to date is on that one. So, can you please point me in the direction of the present day outcome before I loose myself in the past. Oh and if you know anything CVS2 I will love you forever and fight you every chance I get. Thanks

Present day situation:

- Matchmaking takes place on #reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net, port 6667

- No server program, no Kaillera (thank god). To play, you need to find a player, decide first who is hosting. The player who is hosting opens up nullDC.cfg and at the bottom, sets Hosting=1 and runs the game. The other player sets Hosting=0, Host=(other player's IP), and then sets the delay. Then the connecting player starts the game and it will join (or fail)

- This should work for every Naomi game supported by nullDC, even CvS2

Also, moving this into the main AC Online thread, please ask technical questions there!

Present day situation:

But there seem to be only idlers there... only one time a person wanted to play with me. Only once I saw someone asking for a match and that was the one I played with.

Or are everyone only playing on saturday nights or something like that?

Present day situation:

- No server program, no Kaillera (thank god). To play, you need to find a player, decide first who is hosting. The player who is hosting opens up nullDC.cfg and at the bottom, sets Hosting=1 and runs the game. The other player sets Hosting=0, Host=(other player's IP), and then sets the delay. Then the connecting player starts the game and it will join (or fail)

- This should work for every Naomi game supported by nullDC, even CvS2

Also, moving this into the main AC Online thread, please ask technical questions there!

Thanks for the info I guess its better that way. You mentioned Cvsnk having a noami version. I've only gotten my hands on the dreamcast one and it works on the older versions of null I just want to be sure their is really a rom out before I search.

nvm I was able to get my hands on the noami version now I just need another willing participant. I tried with someone today and it was super slow. I'm so happy :yaaay: lol

nvm I was able to get my hands on the noami version now I just need another willing participant. I tried with someone today and it was super slow. I'm so happy :yaaay: lol

you found a .lst version of cvs2?

can you hook it up please?

I'm sorry for multi posting in Comment Box.

I think there are many people looking for my question.

nullDC say "ERROR01 This game is not acceptable by main board." after changing [Netplay]>Enabled into 0 at nullDC.cfg

I downloaded the complete package, and install VC++ and DirectX.

I changed [Netplay]>Enabled into 0 at nullDC.cfg.

And I started ggxxac from File>Normal Boot>ggxxac.lst.

But I encounted this problem.

I tried to redownload and retry, but this problem was solved.

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong?

[My PC Spec]

CPU:Q6600(OC:3GHz)

GPU:GeForce9600GT

MEM:DDR2 4GB

regards

Hello there. Not that i'm all that new here, but decided to register today.

Tell if it is the wrong topic for the following question.

So I have Wii, and GGAC+ for it, so i suppose to use the dolphin emulator for me is pretty much legit. I actually enjoy playing on PC more, than on console, call me pervert. Just recently i realized that dolphin DOES have netplay function. Does that mean, that pc players can play online not only AC, but AC+ also? I've never tried before, but am eager to.

Edited by Smiley
grammar

Hello there. Not that i'm all that new here, but decided to register today.

Tell if it is the wrong topic for the following question.

So I have Wii, and GGAC+ for it, so i suppose to use the dolphin emulator for me is pretty much legit. I actually enjoy playing on PC more, than on console, call me pervert. Just recently i realized that dolphin DOES have netplay function. Does that mean, that pc players can play online not only AC, but AC+ also? I've never tried before, but am eager to.

The Pc emulates the arcade

Also consider that there is not any gameplay difference between Ac and AC+: simply, AC+ have some usuless features for console like story mode, slash backgrounds etc.

Sign in to follow this