Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

Makes sense. Also i configured nullDC, so offline plays prefect, just have to try actual netplay. Btw, can nullDC play with demull? Or I gotta have two emulators ready?

anyone run into crash on startup after second player joins your hosted game?

i was playing it fine a few days ago, didn't change anything and when i tried playing today it crashed, i tried it with different people and it still crashed so i assume it's on my end but i have no idea what is wrong...i didn't change anything from the previous session which was playing just fine

:psyduck:

hey guys im having some trouble with my controller (pad btw, arcade stick won't work at all on my laptop). i got my attack buttons working but when i try to move nothing happens and i can't move around the character select screen.

:psyduck: also i tried using different direction settings but it's not working.

o and it's PS3 btw.

for some reason unknown to me when i play with my friend (2p) with 2 ps3 controllers

it seems to randomly crash about 1-2 matches in

am i missing something?

Here only nullDC 1.0.4 r50 (20 Jun 2010). But there also was released update in Jan 2011. So where can I find latest svn builds?

I would play you snipe at some point have to see how my classes are going to be first. I want to improve with johnny also. What region you in? I still had to improve the offline having some lag issues

My God when did this happen?! What version of AC do you need?

Edit:

Is there a lobby to find players like #R?

Nope, we just talk in #reloadonline irc channel at chatspike, you need hosts Ip or viceversa to connect. anyway delay2 from finland to england and its super smooth.

FUCK! I dont know if I want to get it now.

Edited by Oppai Missile

Hey I just DLed the files and everythings ok except for one thing which is that my PS3 Pad doesn't work. Windows recognizes the pad but i cannot use it nor calibrate it on the settings page. and in the .CFG for the Pad I dont know the button listing/mapping for it so im kinda stuck. would anyone please tell me what those are for a PS3 pad?

My God when did this happen?! What version of AC do you need?

Edit:

FUCK! I dont know if I want to get it now.

Eons ago... you need the arcade version. You've been missing out though, New Blood. You should get it, and play Eddie, Millia, or Jam. You may probably not like those characters, but you seem like someone who'd play them. Random inkling.

Shinigami: Did you run the ps3sixaxis_en app at all while your controller is connected to your computer? It won't work unless you do that. While the app initializes, you have to hit the PS button (I'm guessing that's what syncs it to your computer). I like to close it, reopen it, and do it again like 2 or 3 times just to make sure, and then go to control panel to check it out.

What about "pingover" how good/bad is it compared to #R online? Its already bad enough that theres no lobby. No use trying to "pair up" if its only to find out their ping is over. Also my links arent random. They have a purpose. :P

Hey I just DLed the files and everythings ok except for one thing which is that my PS3 Pad doesn't work. Windows recognizes the pad but i cannot use it nor calibrate it on the settings page. and in the .CFG for the Pad I dont know the button listing/mapping for it so im kinda stuck. would anyone please tell me what those are for a PS3 pad?

out of luck if you are using a 64 bit operating system.. namely vista. requires signed drivers and getting your controller to work seems to be related to that.. friggin microsoft

Thanks guys. I got MotioninJoy to enable buttons and i got the game to understand them, but the pad now isnt working in the game (it shows movement in it's setting).

EDIT: I tried playing other emulators and all are working fine, but it still doesnt work on nullDC. I used a logitech pad and worked great, still trying on the PS3 pad. I want to use the L2 button as a macro for P,K,S on either pads, is that even possible?

Edited by SHINIGAMI_mkl

^Not being able to marco RC/FRC will make this game pretty much unplayable for any pad user.

Hard mode that shit :O

You don't need no macros

^Not being able to marco RC/FRC will make this game pretty much unplayable for any pad user.

No...just use your thumb to press 3 buttons :v:

btw this really needs some kind of lobby or a more organized way of finding matches. Every time I go in the chat people are either not there or nobody in US is there to play :(

Edited by VR-Raiden

Hard mode that shit :O

Fine line between hard and a waste of time. Guilty Gear was made with Stick in mind

No...just use your thumb to press 3 buttons

That doesnt work for complex movement because 1. the 3 buttons you have to press include HS in which case you'll get an overdrive instead of RC unless you go with a non-conventional setup of your controller and Circle button is not your HS. Also Sol relies on RC's no where near as much as other character, At least in #R, I've only played AC twice.

Anyone that has a stick already has an advantage in this game but lack of a RC marco makes it worse. That's how I feel it is anyway having used both stick and pad. You may have fingers made of rubber though; but I feel for most high level play is out of reach without this function.

Edited by Oppai Missile

Fine line between hard and a waste of time. Guilty Gear was made with Stick in mind

That doesnt work for complex movement because 1. the 3 buttons you have to press include HS in which case you'll get an overdrive instead of RC unless you go with a non-conventional setup of your controller and Circle button is not your HS. Also Sol relies on RC's no where near as much as other character, At least in #R, I've only played AC twice.

Anyone that has a stick already has an advantage in this game but lack of a RC marco makes it worse. That's how I feel it is anyway having used both stick and pad. You may have fingers made of rubber though; but I feel for most high level play is out of reach without this function.

I main I-No and sub Eddie on pad with no macros and with the thumbstick

Step your execution game up yo. It takes 30 minutes to switch from the macro to your thumb. I would know, I did it :O

I'd like to see your I-no. Anyway I dont really care to argue. I already dont know if, I'm going to play AC yet because theres no lobby. I might just wait until I get another stick then there wont be a need to marco.

I'd like to see your I-no. Anyway I dont really care to argue. I already dont know if, I'm going to play AC yet because theres no lobby. I might just wait until I get another stick then there wont be a need to marco.

No argument, just trying to say you should never feel limited by your peripheral of choice. I have a stick as well but choose to only use it for certain characters, mostly 3S.

If you want to play on pad, use xpadder to map your controls to the keyboard configuration. I can give you the exact deadzone and sensitivity that reload takes inputs at for xpadder as well.

Edit: Xpadder lets you map multiple key presses to one button, of course

Edited by Vanguard

Might as well just post the info, keep in mind this is for an xbox360 controller and I'm using thumb-stick, but I'd assume it's roughly the same across the board for how d-pad inputs are read.

If you have that much of an issue with a different type of controller, bring up the stick configuration in xpadder, start #R, and see how low you need to go before you low block, that's where your horizontal size goes, and check your dead-zone for how much input it takes before an input displays on the screen.

For those who want to play on a pad that isn't supported:

1. Download Xpadder 5.3 or higher from somewhere, Google is your friend

2. Open xpadder and create a new controller, follow the instructions, and it should show your respective controller with all the buttons on the screen

3. Open your QKOJamma folder and open the keyboard configuration in notepad (download it from the GGXXAC Online website if you don't have it already)

4. Map the buttons from the keyboard config to xpadder by pressing on a button on the xpadder display. It will open up a keyboard and you simply click what key you want it to emulate with what button. If I remember correctly, on the emulator, Button 1 is Kick, 2 is Slash, 3 is H Slash, 4 is Punch, 5 is Dust, and 6 is an unregistered (?) button. The rest are self explanatory

5. Next, setup your appropriate directionals from the config onto the xpadder display's thumb-stick or d-pad, then click the wrench next to it. For me, the #R Dead-zone is 45% and the horizontal size is 32.

6. For macros, you are going to click on the button you want to set it to on the xpadder display, and click on advanced under the keyboard display. Here you will basically enter 3 of the keyboard keys into your cycle and insert a stop. This should press all 3 buttons at the same time, or at a delay if you wish, when you press that button.

7. Finally, make sure that you open up x-padder as administrator or it won't read your inputs from behind the game.

Let me know if anyone needs more help (Would probably be better to ask me on the reload IRC)

Sign in to follow this