Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

Does anyone play this online still? If so who are you, and would you be willing to help others get started?

My connection's been poop for a couple months now and i don't really know why. If i ever get it figured out i might start playing online again, but I'm also trying to reconstruct my irl scene so who knows. If you or someone else needs help, you can always post up questions. There's also a steam group where you might be able to find someone who plays.

Should say on the disc/box.

If not, in Accent Core + there's a story mode that doesn't exist in Accent Core, and Justice and Kliff are playable characters in +.

Should say on the disc/box.

If not, in Accent Core + there's a story mode that doesn't exist in Accent Core, and Justice and Kliff are playable characters in +.

im referring to the arcade version rathr than the console ver.

Is there any way to map 2P controls in NullDC? I have a friend who wants to practice Accent Core but doesn't have it for PS2 and his stick is 360/PC only anyways. I want to see if I can get him able to map 2P controls so he can do vs for training mode

Sticks/controllers are appointed in the order windows recognizes them or how the user configures them in the nullDC.cfg. The button layout doesn't change for the controller itself, so 2 VS:HGs share the same config file. The concept is that taking your config file with you is the only thing you need to play at your friends and when it's stored there, you can just plugin your stick again no worries.

Edit: Okay so I got NullDc on my computer and what not and GGXXAC. Now, however, when I try to open up the emulator it gives me a Emitter_Win32 Dll error report. =V

Edited by Lich

I got GGXXAC working with just arcade mode and keyboard. Need to get netplay going and find some guys to play with later. :)

I've been trying to get someone to play against for the longest on this game if anyone gets it working im down to play on the weekends.

Trying to set this up now and find my PC Pad. When it is all good I'm down to play some matches with somebody.

i don't even get this. Isn't null dc a dreamcast emulator (not PS2)?

i wanna play this so much.. ~~

yep, but you are emulating the naomi/atomiswave romw with null, not the ps2 ports

and you can always play it when the ps3/360 ports get released :kitty:

I'd love to play this, but the IRC has always been empty when I've thought to try.

Do not worry, its not worth it once you get it working, when they said "playable" I thought they meant it, but what they actually mean is playing with a 3 frame delay or more. Which means its impossible to play unless you want to get used to Guilty Lag XX Lagcent Core.

Do not worry, its not worth it once you get it working, when they said "playable" I thought they meant it, but what they actually mean is playing with a 3 frame delay or more. Which means its impossible to play unless you want to get used to Guilty Lag XX Lagcent Core.

Good point...but unfortunately AC on ps3 and xbox 360 will have a lot more than 3 frames of lag.

Alright, either already or soon, RaptorIIC will be uploading a new nullDC with JAMMA plug to his site. The new nullDC has differences in the CPU instruction emulation so if you don't use the latest version, you will desync. The plugin now uses UDP and has packetduplication. In nullDC.cfg you will find three lines: minpacketdup, maxpacketdup and packetdup. Due to a thinking error on my behalf and me being to lazy to fix it, the packetdup is really only there to show what packetdup is actually in effect. If you want to prevent your upload getting DoS'ed (or make sure it is getting DoS'ed) you need to adjust the min and max values. Though I believe the defaults should suffice for most people.

As I'm no longer able to participate in conversations in #reloadonline I will be moving support to another channel. People will be able to find me in #aconline on quakenet.

Good point...but unfortunately AC on ps3 and xbox 360 will have a lot more than 3 frames of lag.

Can you link your sources please? I want to understand why everyone believes this.

It's just a reasonable guess based on console FG history. I don't believe that any console fighter's online play has been totally lagless, and >10 frames (or equivalently, >0.16667 s) of lag is considered quite acceptable.

I don't think it'll have a LOT more than 3 frames, but it'll be significant enough that you'll train your FRCs wrong.

It's just a reasonable guess based on console FG history. I don't believe that any console fighter's online play has been totally lagless, and >10 frames (or equivalently, >0.16667 s) of lag is considered quite acceptable.

I don't think it'll have a LOT more than 3 frames, but it'll be significant enough that you'll train your FRCs wrong.

FRCs almost always end up being performed with muscle memory as opposed to visual cues. This is actually the one aspect not to be worried about from lag.

The big differences between normal GG and laggy GG is that some characters end up with easy methods to get in that are extremely hard to react to with the extra frames (many character's IAD, for example), pressure with holes that would be easily reacted to normally, and it is made very difficult to punish someone escaping with a backdash or jump on reaction.

There is also a lot of hit confirming that is made much more difficult if not impossible (like off of some character's CH that they would typically fish for).

Overall it feels a lot like the normal game, but slower and higher return options tend to be much stronger. (already this way in offline play in the USA)

Getting thrown gets incredibly hard to react to as well.

Edited by Hellmonkey

FRCs almost always end up being performed with muscle memory as opposed to visual cues. This is actually the one aspect not to be worried about from lag.

The big differences between normal GG and laggy GG is that some characters end up with easy methods to get in that are extremely hard to react to with the extra frames (many character's IAD, for example), pressure with holes that would be easily reacted to normally, and it is made very difficult to punish someone escaping with a backdash or jump on reaction.

There is also a lot of hit confirming that is made much more difficult if not impossible (like off of some character's CH that they would typically fish for).

Overall it feels a lot like the normal game, but slower and higher return options tend to be much stronger. (already this way in offline play in the USA)

Getting thrown gets incredibly hard to react to as well.

I understand better than anyone how latency works and how its going to effect a game over a network. What I am trying to get to the bottom of is everyone is saying that by default the xbox and PS3 are adding additional frame delay, or input delay depending on how you want to reference it. Is this true or not and if so how do you or the other guy I was quoting previously know?

Sign in to follow this