Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

I understand better than anyone how latency works and how its going to effect a game over a network.

LOL

What I am trying to get to the bottom of is everyone is saying that by default the xbox and PS3 are adding additional frame delay, or input delay depending on how you want to reference it. Is this true or not and if so how do you or the other guy I was quoting previously know?

- The lowest latencies a video game can have is 50ms (three frames) - the PS3 XMB runs at this rate, but few games reach it.

- Most 60FPS games have a 66.67ms latency - Ridge Racer 7, for example.

- 30FPS games have a minimum potential lag of 100ms, but many exceed this.

- Game developers should test their own games using the camera technique in order to weed out bugs - West says that Heavenly Sword's response slows down to 300ms just by turning the character, and reckons it's a technical issue that should have been resolved before going gold with the game.

- Citing GTAIV as an example, West suggests that a 166ms response is where gamers notice controller lag, which could also explain the Killzone 2 furore too.

- Game reviewers should accurately measure latency for their reviews where controller lag is an issue, in the hope that sloppy game response times come under far more scrutiny.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-lag-factor-article

I understand better than anyone how latency works and how its going to effect a game over a network. What I am trying to get to the bottom of is everyone is saying that by default the xbox and PS3 are adding additional frame delay, or input delay depending on how you want to reference it. Is this true or not and if so how do you or the other guy I was quoting previously know?

I think with the recent loketest that arcsys silently confirmed this for us, but I did notice MvC3 having this issue. Anyway, we should just push arcsys for a PC release, if they keep the requirements low we can make portable PCs and use those for tournaments. If they make a Linux version we can easily tailor those machines to booting just Accent Core as well.

I think with the recent loketest that arcsys silently confirmed this for us, but I did notice MvC3 having this issue. Anyway, we should just push arcsys for a PC release, if they keep the requirements low we can make portable PCs and use those for tournaments. If they make a Linux version we can easily tailor those machines to booting just Accent Core as well.

I would love to push arcsys to make a PC release, how might I go about convincing them? Does arcsys read these forums? Maybe I should write them a letter.

And for the short time I played MVC3 I did not notice input delay. But I had never played a MvC before that so maybe I cannot tell. also I have never played any FPS on Xbox I only bought a Xbox when the first blazblue came out.

If you pay attention you can notice a delay in you pressing the button and your character actually responding. And yeah, I suppose many people should write them a letter telling them that a PC version is a very welcome alternative.

It's official, we're getting GGXXAC on XBox Live and PSN.

main_ggxxplus.jpg

(Image is from Arcsys's japanese website)

A lot of us #reloaders are concerned that it won't be up to par with even the PC emulation netplay of AC, but we'll have to wait and see. If nothing else it will bring a lot more players into the game, which is always a good thing.

wasn't that one of the images used on the site when they first announced GGAC+ for psn and xbl, way before they announced GGAC+R?

because seriously, releasing GGAC+ when GGAC+R is on the works is plain stupid, lol

not to mention that when you try to acces the web page where that image was hosted it redirects you to the GGXXAC+R website

Nope, that was a different image.

Anyway, Arcsys has confirmed again a couple of days ago on their site (this time in article format that we're getting AC on PSN/XBL, and it'll be out in October. Until then we're stuck with solid netcode but outdated #R online, or input dropping, sorta-laggy nullDC AC online. +R to come at some point in the future.

Hi, I need someone who could help me with the Nulldc netplay. I tried it with a friend but it didn't work and I don't know why.

Hi, just got AC and NullDc and i'm pretty much catching up with GG (former veteran of #R), but i have this problem with the Roman Cancels and the FRC (on keyboard)

since they don't come up (even if i press correctly all three buttons), should i move to Joystick? Thx

Hi, just got AC and NullDc and i'm pretty much catching up with GG (former veteran of #R), but i have this problem with the Roman Cancels and the FRC (on keyboard)

since they don't come up (even if i press correctly all three buttons), should i move to Joystick? Thx

You could try and move to arcade stick!

I still don't understand how can people can play a FG on keyboard, thou D:

Hi, i need help, my stick uses a ps3/pc Cthulhu pcb. I cant get it to work. Does anyone use a stick with that pcb tell me if it works for them?

Hi, i need help, my stick uses a ps3/pc Cthulhu pcb. I cant get it to work. Does anyone use a stick with that pcb tell me if it works for them?

Thanks for the reply, i think my problem is that it wont create a .qjc file for my stick. I check the folder before i plug in my controller but nothing new gets added after i closed the program. My Cthulhu is the single console version. I think im out of luck, probably will ask on srk thread.

Need some more matches to confirm but, it feels like the emulator+netcode plays a lot better than xbox live. So sad.

I have a more simple setup where there is a GUI and all I need is to click and type in an IP. I typed in my own, default IP just to see if the emulation worked.The result was no graphics, or rather, some eight bit looking, muddy stuff (but the sound was O.K.). This computer is old. I think it's a hardware problem. But I would like someone to verify.

I have an old Pentium 4 Dell Dimension 2400 with the default graphics chip. 1GB ram upgraded (pretty sad specs at this point).

If it is a hardware program (as it very well may be) I can probably just load the folder up to an FDD and use my dad's laptop, which is up-to-date. And maybe run #R on this computer, which I know it is able to do.

Edited by Dogboy

So... is this still a thing now? I don't have a PS3 or Xbox (yet) and I prefer AC over Reload, so is anybody up for some online matches?

So... is this still a thing now? I don't have a PS3 or Xbox (yet) and I prefer AC over Reload, so is anybody up for some online matches?

I would like to try. Check your PM

If someone from this thread can PM me that knows more about "set up" let me know.

Edited by Xorph3u5

This is a silly question and I'm sorry if someone has answered this elsewhere or if it sounds dumb. Is there a "Training mode" akin to Sparring Mode in BlazBlue's arcade version and, if yes, how do we get there?

Sign in to follow this