Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC] GGXX: Accent Core on PC - now (actually) playable online

This is a silly question and I'm sorry if someone has answered this elsewhere or if it sounds dumb. Is there a "Training mode" akin to Sparring Mode in BlazBlue's arcade version and, if yes, how do we get there?

It's not silly. As far as I am aware, there is no training mode. If someone else knows otherwise, please speak up.

Hey,

Im playing with a friend to GGXX R# with the netplay patch and we want to try GGXXAC. We dont have any 360/ps3 to play it with.

I found my way to get it work offline but nothing for the netplay, can someone explain it for me? In private is it not belong to here.

Thanks you rly much

WARNING: Any discussion relating to where to obtain rom files and other copyrighted goodness is not allowed on Dustloop and will result in immediate deletion

With that out of the way. It's finally here! AC and pretty much the rest of the series is now playable online via emulation. Thanks to reaVer for coding a plugin that allows for NullDC to run AC online in a far, far better state than the previous Demul version (Desync Core) we had all given up on. The spec requirements to run NullDC are also much lower than Demul, so this improved AC online should be accessible to more people as well.

This thread will be dedicated to discussing ways to set up AC online for new users, and identify and fix bugs and problems with the early build of reaVer's NullDC plugin. For faster technical support and matchmaking, we are still at #reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net.

First of all, some basic comparisons to those who have played #Reload online and are wondering how AC stacks up:

#Reload

* Is playable at a selectable delay setting (this is super important)

* Has very few desyncs

* Runs at full 60 FPS speed all the time, so long as your computer is like at least 1 GHz with 128 MB of RAM. Graphics card optional!

* Can run on laptops at fullspeed fairly effortlessly

* Can play stable, 60 FPS, consistent games over long distances (eg. NW Canada to SE USA, or EC USA to Europe)

AC- via Demul

* Has variable delay (although it tells you how many frames it is delayed beforehand)

* Desyncs extremely often, usually during every other game :(

* Suffers from random slowdowns online, runs at an average of 50 FPS even if you can play @ 60 FPS offline. Requires at least a dual 3 GHz processor for fullspeed, with a decent graphics card (256 MB+) and a good chunk of RAM (2 GB+), and even then you aren't guaranteed stability.

* Most likely isn't functionally playable on laptops at all

AC- via NullDC

* Is playable at a selectable delay setting (this is super important)

* Has very few desyncs

* Runs at full 60 FPS speed quite easily. NullDC is the most optimized Naomi emulator by a good margin, so with a half decent computer you should be just fine. No need for anything crazy as with Demul.

* Should be playable on laptops

* ...but currently lacks keyboard support (gamepad or stick only). Keyboard support hopefully coming soon!

* Lacks a GUI, so you have to edit a text file with the other player's IP at the moment. If anyone would be willing to help code a simple GUI for us, please drop by #reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net and send a PM to reaVer.

So, let's use this thread to discuss any problems with the current NullDC plugin. Keep it clean, everyone!

So how exactly do I do this? Do I just download the plugin/rom and I'm set? Or is there something else?

Realtime online test videos.
I try dualshock 3. Situation isn't good too.
AC+R PC:
http://rghost.ru/private/7skLlLcz5/853f3b0f320a7ba054153ef7a97015ea
(Change Н to h in link)

#RELOAD:
https://vk.com/guiltyhard?z=video259729576_171036624%2F3823eec9affc4d3165

Feel the difference.

(sorry for my English:)

Update first link

So any reports on the netcode for the steam version of AC+R? Is it actually playable or is it as horrendous as the console netcode?

Exactly the same as the console versions, but apparently someone is researching implmentation of a mod to allow rollback netcode.

Sign in to follow this