Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeero

T11: Canadian Fighting Game Championships. Toronto, Canada. Sept. 3rd-5th 2010

BBCS Singles Results (34 Entrants)

1 Leo7 (TG)

2 Kousaka (AR)

3 XDest (TA)

4 XSapphire (RG)

5 Tofu Warrior (TG)

5 Zeero (CA)

7 Tim (LA)

7 g0th1k (TG)

9 K2 (RA)

9 Brice

9 Anubis

9 Linear (JI)

13 NeoRussell (TS)

13 Archling (NO)

13 Diobrando (HK)

13 Nerdjosh

17 Freezerburn (BG)

17 Chaddy

17 Pochp

17 Kellfire (TG)

17 neiluj95 (RA)

17 Akuun (LA)

17 Leo Filante (JI)

17 Poiyo (JI)

25 unsanctifier

25 Ironstein

25 CDX

25 Jabir (DQed)

25 Kirbster

25 Sophist

25 Grokslam

25 NekoNekoXD

33 IRockTheVote

33 Magus (NO)

BBCS 3v3 Team Results (13 Teams)

1. Team Y☆U☆C☆O☆R☆P (Archling/Zeero/Kousaka - NO/CA/AR)

2. Team Two and a half men (Linear/Tofu Warrior/XDest - JI/TG/TA)

3. Team Afgans and a Faggot (XSapphire/Leo7/Jabir - RG/TG/LI)

4. Team Loli (Tony/K2/Tim - RG/RA/LA)

5. Team Anime North and white man (Magus/Anubis/Diobrando - RG/BA/HA)

5. Team Cambridge (Kumori/Asdferty/Kylkrie - TS/RG/HZ)

7. Team dfc (Poiyo/Akuun/neiluj95 - JI/LA/RA)

7. Team Random Strays (NeoRussell/freezerburn/Kellfire - TS/BA/TG)

9. Team Tunnel snakes (Matt/Sami/Draskr)

9. Team how do we play this game (IRockTheVote/Grokslam/PLASoldier)

9. Team Montreal (Sophist/Brice/Pochp)

9. Team ultra chicken fried rice (Tin Man/Hakami/NekoNekoXD - CA/TA/BA)

13. Team free money (Don/unsanctifier/Mr. Mortified)

GGAC 2v2 Results (11 Teams)

1 GG Team Afgans (XSapphire/Jabir - OS/ED)

2 GG Team Scoop (DarkDragon/K2 - JA/MA)

3 GG Team Rape Party (NerdJosh/Toiyet - FA/TE)

4 GG Team T&T (Tony/Tim - SO/TE)

5 GG Team Freebies (Dice01/Dawnbringer - FA/AN)

5 GG Team Y☆U☆C☆O☆R☆P (Zeero/Kousaka - RO/RO)

7 GG Team I need a name (Don/Linear - KY/SO)

7 GG Team Anime North (Magus/Diobrando - Slayer/TE)

9 GG Team Slayers (Henry/Omar)

9 GG Team On TOP (Leo7/Archling - PO/JA)

9 GG Team Cambridge (Kumori/Kylkrie)

Vids will be posted up here when they are uploaded.

Missing some characters because I didn't manage to have time to sit around and see whos using who or whats even happening. If you'd be so kind to post/correct your character/team order here, I'll add it onto the results. :eng101:

Thanks everybody for making it out. :yaaay: It was a great tournament this year with lots of new and old faces. Hope that everybody got to see a glimpse of what a cool bunch of guys and girls (that means you Leo) that the Lovegety fiends are :keke:

Special Thanks to Sonia (Luckee) for helping me run the brackets most of the time even though you weren't feeling well. :yaaay:

Its been a great year everybody! Keep playing and we'll see each other again soon! (Next week Friday at Lovegety?) :psyduck:

Individual shoutouts later...?

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shoutouts time

Shoutouts to my team free money for trying hard and being really low tier like toronto is. Next year I'll plan a team and bring hobbes with me for sure.

Shoutouts to team ultra chicken fried rice and tinman for correcting everyone in the beginning

Shoutouts to finding a team last minute.

Shoutouts to the organizers for doing such a fine fantastic job.

Shoutouts to all those people who came from such a far distance (montreal and cambridge)

and Shoutouts to my equipment for failing on me right when i need it :3

and finally shoutouts to brice and his fkn pad tager.... i mean wtf..... i'm still confused as hell as how that works consistently...........

Edit: pui, team free money was JI/RA/TG

First, thx to...

russell for putting the whole tournament together

pui for running bb ( goodjob being the MVP this year too ^^b) and nazir for running gg

It was fun this year,seeing all these old faces and new faces makes u wonder how much longer will our T series will to last.

I am satisfly with my result since wtever in the tournament counts, just tough to get though this souvient tager walls with my little umbella loli...

gg to everyone i played on singles, i rmb there was a yellow/green Bang? ( sry i donno your name) anime champ, leo (beast tager)and tofu ( beast beast tager).

So much harder to win and deal dmg when u play 2 burst in 3rounds , when i finally gets a chance to land big combo either one of this happens.

a) they burst

b) i have no tension, no tension no dmg qq

c) i used all my winds cuz i tried to get in

d) got counter assulted

e) all of the above

ugh...felt like i got some real depression, on top with tournament proration where rachel super doesn't come out and dropping combos.

haha...but it was still very fun

Thumbs up to my partner Tim and Tony making our way to 4th in bb teams b^^b we manage to put team afg and a faggot to losers but they came back and nazir OCVed our team. but holy shit, nazir lost to linear badly and you made our team looked so bad now. goodjob linear and wtf were u doing scrubzir?

gg to anime champ and magus, once again beaten by loli power, keep playing and prepare for Platinum the Trinity.:kitty:

and why did jason and leo commented me as best rachel in canada so lound TAT? so embrassing when we got OCVed. orz

goodjob to all my students,tim martine and julien, thank you for not coming last and placed well above the avg,or....thank you for not quiting this game. goodjob goodjob. julien pulled out a rachel carry too, goodshit ^^b

gg to nazir and jabir in gg

and gg to nerdjosh from NYC i believe?

stephen, sry to fail scooping, cuz they changed our team name, it was supposted to be "In scoop we trust", we lost the trust. u did absolutely well against team AFG and i was just being repetitive.

maybe this year will be the last year for ggxx, it has been 11yrs i played this game with nazir and stephen. hopefully arcsys come with with a new guity gear series and finish the gg story...

thx for everyone bring their equipments, without ur help we would stayed until 4am with little causals to enjoy ourselfs. special thx to Moon for setting up the "K2" station and made everyone turned on, wtever that means =\

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR FOR

BBCS2

AH3

MBAACC

CHEERS!!!

alright my turn....I can only shoutout for singles since I was only there for Friday :(

First off sorry for not making it for teams

Russel...damn big shoutout to you because to be the director of T11 itself and monitoring AND playing in every tournament...that definitely deserves some recognition and it must be great to see everything turn out so well :D

To all those who helped setup and keep the whole tournament under control and to those who provided any equipment such as TVs, sticks and anythiing else or one I missed.

Pui...as much as I fight you at Lovegety, I think the match with your Carl vs. my Hulk Tager was definitely one to remember. I told you I was pulling out all my tricks :D Turns out playing SC2 really helps LOL. Congrats on taking first place in both tournaments. Just remember: I still have more HP!

Hermes...and as much as I fight you at Lovegety...there's still only so much I can do vs. Arakune :( lol Congrats on taking second place in singles and taking first along with Pui and Wu in team.

Nazir...though you showed up late great work in getting very far with Ragna. 5B GODKICK

Jabir...wait where's Jabir?!?! lol sorry I couldn't come on Sat but nice job in team

Leo + Osmond...Very nice job showing the world that tager can still hang in there despite being in the bottom 3 of the tier list lol.

K2... "HERMES YOUR STICK SUCKS" LOL...seems like it's the first tournament where I didn't get to play you at all lol...phew what a relief for me lol

And to all the other Lovegety people who made it out and showed the world that Lovegety is the place to be!

Ps: Only after being eliminated by hermes did I realize that I barely bursted in any of my matches because I'm so used to play 3 rounds to win rather than 2 lol

You know, I was going to only check out BB and see whatsup but I end up joining in the fun in casuals. BB is pretty hype.

shoutouts to all the people I played against and primarily shoutouts to Poiyo for teaching me CS jin from CT jin.

Yes I was that CT Jin with that aeropostle shirt or something

@mr biscuits, why didn't NYC come =(

djKun come back to the BB scene!!

although u really were only here for T10 lol.

Big shoutouts to Russel for obvious reasons. Organizing a huge tourney with multiple games and playing in them is awesome.

Tofu, Leo: (Footsies -> 5C) xN

Tofu: I think we did pretty well, it was obvious we were going to lose to Pui/Hermes' team, so whatever. I'm happy with the result.

Linear: Trolling in tourney matches, double taunt Tager players at range. Also, holy shit at screwing up Nazir twice. How the hell did you activate your super mode then?

Pui: I can't begin to understand the Carl matchup. By the time I stopped running into random shit, it was way too late. You're way above my level, obviously. Gotta train more at gety when I'm not lazy and spending time leveling down online.

Hermes: You're so beast you won by not playing (in teams).

K2: Godlike defense. Hindered severely by his loli. Oh well, BBCS2 is only months away.

Wu: So mean ;_;

Cambridge: Awesome cosplay, awesome headbands.

Announcers: "The top XBL Tao" said every time just to embarrass me. Goddamn it worked, I was mad. I only play netplay bullshit for fun.

Montreal: The secret extra Tager rangers! Pretty awesome you traveled so far for T11, nice dedication.

Mortified: What the hell is sleep?!

Anubis: FRKZ->Raining Shurikens! Awesome Bang mirrors in casuals.

The couches and reclining chairs: The true god tier of T11.

Shoutouts to hilarious team names and nicknames.

Shoutouts to everyone who brought monitors and PS3s

Shoutouts to a station being named K2, causing mass confusion.

Shoutouts to the weather on Friday for making everyone pass out. At least we had the couch.

Shoutouts for everybody on the BB side organizing this and running it smoothly. 6+ lagless LCD stations and a separate room for BB this time around. Much different than T10's experience.

If I forgot anyone I'll edit it in here.

Should have just used stick, PS3 pad is even more awkward for my hands, couldn't even QCF on the right side half the time, haha. That combined with tourney proration wasn't a good combo. I guess it's time to level back up at gety again. That's always a good solution.

Fun stuff guys, and ggs.

change the OP to this

Team ultra chicken fried rice (Tin Man/Hakami/NekoNekoXD - Carl/Taokaka/Bang (or use the 2 letter versions of character names if u must lol).

shoutouts to shoutouts

shoutouts to everyone i played, good games, better than xbox live lol!

shoutouts to don for carrying me in EVERY GAME in gg

shoutouts to tofu for giving me food and cleaning up after my mistakes

shoutouts to desty for carrying us until finals

shoutouts to wu for awesome noel and driving me home

shoutouts to cambridge for hazama cosplay and doing guilty gear

shoutouts to k2 for repping TOP TIER LOLI RACHEL

shoutouts to pui for best caruru outside of japan

shoutouts to ken for that godlike match vs pui, HYPE AS SHIT

shoutouts to hermes for bugging the shit out of me in singles and then playing once in teams, lol

shoutouts to martine for offering me a sandwich, lol

shoutouts to everyone who brought a stick so that i could play :)

shoutouts to montreal to coming out here from so far and doing damn good

shoutouts to leo for not 720ing me in real life for my extra two round double taunt trolling

shoutouts to tager vs tager, fuck that footsie sf4 shit, its all about HANDSIES IN BB

shoutouts to all the organizers, people who helped set up (wait thats me!), and everyone for going out of their way to come

shoutouts to my back for holding out on me

shoutouts to my voice for holding out until after tourney

shoutouts to ctrl+v

see you all next year!!!

Big shoutout to Russell and Dice for running T11.

Props to all the people that helped with the gear and setups: Leo, Pui, Wu, Don, Akuun, Steve, and especially Moon.

Special props to Sonia for helping us keep the brackets running.

GG's to everyone that came and and I hope everyone enjoyed T11.

BBCS Singles Results (34 Entrants)

25 Jabir (DQed)

rofl

and finally shoutouts to sophisticat and his fkn pad tager.... i mean wtf..... i'm still confused as hell as how that works consistently...........

That'd be Brice, actually. He's our very own tourney winner 'round here. I play Haku, and all I did was get my head smashed in by superior play. Also, pad fo' life, man. :eng101:

MTL's really appreciative of the tournament, so shoutout to the organizers, and the great players (sorry, I don't know names. :psyduck:) for a great time. We're already talking about coming out in greater force for T12 with more polished play. Let's see how it turns out. :D

I guess I'll shoutout to Zeero for showing me not only how the best player in Canada can steamroll a newcomer, but also how to get people together. I learned a couple things there! :eng101:

Shoutout to Leo7, too. We didn't talk much, but you taught me a couple things about the Tager matchup and the Toronto scene. See you next year!

A shoutout to Tofu Warrior for teaching our own Brice how to own even more. His Tager is about to get Machiavellian if you ask me. He isn't so bad after all, eh? :P

And finally a GG to those I played in casuals. Playing offline really does polish your play, so thanks for the experience!

Our own scene is coming together. We're going at it piecemeal, but results are starting to come out. Thanks for a great show, guys, you taught us a lot and we had a great time! See you next year!

djKun come back to the BB scene!!

although u really were only here for T10 lol.

I would but I don't know how to connect with the scene LOL. And I was there for SF4 but they started the singles so late so I didn't join in and left early.

I'm always down for GG, glad it actually got to happen. Next time I'll scrub it out a little harder, I never want to mash backdash on eddie. :( This had to be one of the best pot monster carnivals that I've been to in a minute. I will definitely be back in the near future!

Oh yeah and I checked out lovegetty(sp?) and thats a pretty sweet place you guys got. Hahaa. :yaaay:

This was my first T tourney and I really liked how organized and fun it was, so shoutouts first of all to Russell and Dice for getting things together. Looks like the SF community was satisfied too :p.

I completely regret not taking the day off work on Friday, because I played a lot better on Saturday after getting more sleep (it was a lot cooler on Saturday as well, which helped as well). In retrospect, I regret not talking to a lot of the new faces as well.

I think I'm going to cringe when watching the team videos cause I think I made a lot of mistakes during my commentary (talking over people, some misinformation, too loud, etc.) Please forgive me if you think my commentary sucks! It's my first time.

Now for a list of BB shoutouts first:

shoutouts to Chaddy for counterpicking me with Lambda. lol no hate though, I understand why you tried to do it, but believe it or not, you can zone with Tager as well!

shoutouts to Akuun for almost perfecting me one round IIRC. Good shit.

shoutouts to XDest for beating me while complaining about dropping combos the entire time. dude i told you during singles that you didn't have to worry, I was free to taokaka since jabir rapes me, so i hope you believe me now. you don't need combos when you have low profile and a health lead lol.

shoutouts to master kou for recording videos, commentating my matches during teams, giving me rides, and generally being awesome.

shoutouts to NekoNekoXD for doing commentary with me. i thought you said you were banned dude. I think you actually did better than everyone else I casted with (no offense to Steve and Wu lol), I had a lot of fun trading words with you. Keep working on that Taokaka man (that Bang too I guess).

shoutouts to MTL for coming out of province. I only got to play Sophisticat in casuals, I wish I could have played with the others. I wish our local beast Haku player was here, cause he could have probably helped you with the Tager match-up Sophist. From what I saw, Brice has some nice yomi and defense, and if he works on a few things he could be an honorary Gety Tager Ranger :). Keep building your scene guys, hope to see you guys next year.

shoutouts to K2 for being the best Rachel in Canada, no lie. Wasn't trying to embarass you, we think highly of you K2 :).

shoutouts to Linear for taunting me twice and making me regret not mapping my taunt button during the tourney. you're as big a faggot as me Linear. Keep up with that GG training mode son.

shoutouts to Tofu and g0th1k4 for repping Tager with me. Three Tagers in top 8, what's good Toronto?

shoutouts to Tom/Asdferty for trolling the fuck out of me during teams. "Alright I'm going to run up DP!"

shoutouts to Kyle/Kylkrie for being a beast Hazama as usual. I don't think I can touch your Hazama now, match-up is too hard for me right now, though I'll try working on it. Wish I could have said goodbye to cambridge before you guys left, but I had to play a game of Super 4 in singles.

shoutouts to my Afghan teammates for leaving me alone to fiend on food lol.

shoutouts to homosexual jokes all weekend. toronto's just mad homo in general.

List of GG shoutouts now, cause I hope GG never dies. I'm still a scrub, but I'll keep working at this game:

shoutouts to magus and Dio for fucking scamming me and Wu out of any chance of winning a single match in GG. Slayer match-up = good. Testament match-up = bad :( I like how Steve got last place even though Jabir got disqualified.

shoutouts to Dawnbringer for showing me how Anji should be played. shoutouts to Dice for giving me short Faust match-up experience, really need to work on that :(.

shoutouts to K2 again for bringing the scoops.

shoutouts to NerdJosh and Toiyet for coming out of town and playing GG. NerdJosh it was nice to meet you and talk to you; you're mad chill. hope you two enjoyed the local competition.

Misc shoutouts (dunno if people will read them here):

shoutouts to Bill307 for irrelevant shoutouts, hope you felt better on Saturday.

shoutouts to HvE and Rob for hooking me up with my Bison's Autoshop t-shirt.

shoutouts to Tik-Tok for grabbing me to play my Super 4 games.

shoutouts to Jabir for supporting me during my Super matches even though I'm ass at the game.

shoutouts to the people I played in Super, I completely forgot your names even though I asked, sorry.

Doing full shoutouts here. Shouts to...

unsanctifier: You were the first person I talked to there and you were a cool dude. Your Rachel in casuals kinda got me ready for K2's Rachel but I still lost out in the end, haha. It was really close though and I attribute my fight to you, buddy.

Zeero: Thanks for running the tourneys, guiding me around things and grabbing a BB team for me. Speaking of teams...

Team RandomStrays: Not bad for a team that was made at the last possible second. We were carried all the way by NeoRussell so it doesn't feel as sweet. However...

NeoRussell: God damn, that Tsubaki caught me completely off guard. I didn't even think I'd see a Tsubaki (much less 2!) and my ignorance paid the price by being knocked out in the tourney by one. You also carried RandomStrays to 7th and I was only able to avenge you once during teams.

kellfire: Thanks for reminding me that BBCS had overheads. I started doing a lot better once you talked me out of tournament jitters. This was my first big one ever so it really helped.

NekoNekoXD: Good shit during casuals. I'm still stuck in CT so watching your stuff was a bit eye-opening. I was still doing 5B2B2C6D623B as my BnB. Definitely going to look into more CS stuff after seeing yours. Didn't also know that 5A was that godlike.

Team UltraChickenFriedRice: ULTRA. Chicken fried rice.

Tofu Warrior? Best Tager in Canada?: At least, I think it's Tofu Warrior. I think you and I caught the same bus to TFNS. Also, curse you for having food while I was waiting for my Ottawa buddies to finish in Super.

Hazama Cosplayer?: I didn't even talk to you but I saw your matches. No idea if it's general Hazama but I loved how you always win with a huge life deficit. Your matches were my favourite to watch.

Everyone I Played: I only had a taste of BBCS until I got to T11. Thanks for showing me the game.

If anyone is wondering, I played a yellow Bang and kept snatching people's sticks in order to play. I had a ton of fun and I plan on coming out a lot more often now that I'm in Toronto for keeps.

poverty gamers are poverty. besides myself lolz, and I had work! =(

anyway, come to nec =)

GG's guys, been great playing with you guys. Glad to see that the BB scene in TO is really picking up!

shoutouts to Team ULTRA Chicken Fried Rice: for the countless hours of practice before the tourney

shoutouts to NekoNekoXD: for going Bang, letting me play Tao in this tourney, even though she's ur main

shoutouts to Tin Man: HUGE improvement in ur Carl, keep it up

shoutouts to everyone who helped organize and run this tourney, major props

shoutouts to a certain Ragna player (forget name): A! A! A! A! A! A! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! dustloop4evr!

GGs everyone! This was my first T tournament.

Shoutouts to Russel and Dice for getting T11 together.

Shoutouts to Pui and Master Kou for running the BB/GG end of things and also winning the tournament.

Shoutouts to Pui, Master Kou, Kellfire, and everyone else who brought equipment. It was nice to see so many stations going.

Shoutouts to Sonia for doing the announcements and making cool stuff. Hermes will now always have an Arakune at the bottom of his drinks. :kitty:

Shoutouts to Wu for throwing in an Idra reference out of nowhere during commentary. XD

Shoutouts to Mr. Mortified for modding and repairing my stick.

Shoutouts to awesome team names. Tunnel Snakes and ULTRA CHICKEN FRIED RICE. I'm a little disappointed (but also relieved) that Team DFC and Team Loli never faced each other.

Shoutouts to Ken for ANOTHER EPIC IB 720.

Shoutouts to a well-rested Leo being even more beast than usual.

Shoutouts to Martine and Julien for the secret training and for carrying me in teams. You two are becoming beast so fast! I need to catch up! Also EPIC RACHEL CARRY AND OCV. :yaaay:

Shoutouts to Master Tim for taking on half of the Tager Rangers on his own in singles. Thanks for all the advice!

Shoutouts to K2 for the advice and for giving hope to all the Rachels out there.

Shoutouts to Team Cambridge for the awesome cosplay and hype bandana.

Shoutouts to Asdferty and Nazir for blood kain loops.

Shoutouts to Linear for being a beast Jin (but you should probably stop taunting Tager XD).

Shoutouts to the pad Tager guy (Brice?). I learned some more about the Tager matchup during casuals with you (by eating everything in the face). We kind of got used to playing each other and then ended up facing off in the first round. :psyduck:

Shoutouts to XDest being the flying cat that never stops flying.

Looking forward to seeing the commentated videos. I couldn't hear much from where I was standing.

T11 was hype shit guys. I had no idea we'd get the kind of numbers we did for BB.

Shoutouts:

NeoRussell: Mad props for putting together and running all of T11.

Dice: Good shit on the location, the place was pretty sick. It was good to see you play some GG again. You gotta come out to LG again with Blazer. LG needs team Kief back!

AN Champ: Shoutouts for carrying my scrub ass in BB. You should have brought the AN Champ crown. It would have given you powers.

Andy: Shoutouts for Banging bitches left and right during teams. also congrats on finishing 9th in singles. Not bad considering you were feeling sick dude.

Pui: Congrats on winning everything BB related, and thanks for running the tourney, bringing the setup and the beer you bought for people on Friday night.

Hermes: Thanks for bringing equipment to make the tourney run so smoothly. Also congrats for beating AN Champ in the team tourney and then sitting down to handle the recording lol. Sorry about the mess-up on Friday for recording, but now that we actually have all the equipment we should be able to record commentary at LG.

Wu: Thanks for bringing a setup for the tourney and congrats on winning BB teams. Shoutouts for being the most hype person at T11 and repping Noel. Even more Shoutouts for being scammed in GG by me lol.

Leo: Thanks for bringing a setup for BB and good job on the commentary dude. I know you think you did a bad job but it was sounding pretty good to me. The highlight of the weekend concerning you though was definitely that 1 beer. Next tournament there is, we gotta split a pitcher beforehand.

Kellfire: Equipment Fiend! Without you and all the shit you bring we couldn't have run the tourney as well as it did. Come back to GG, you know you want to!

Jabir: Props for winning GG... again. Also, I don't care what you say, Eddie is the best character in the game. He's so good you made Tim forfeit by reflecting his barney.

Nazir: Congrats on winning GG. Also, shoutouts on the BK combo that had the room hype and then no super at the end lol

K2: SCOOPS!!! My favourite moment of the tournament was your match against NerdJosh. Too bad there's nothing you can do against unblockables lol

DD: Your shit talk with Nazir was too funny during the GG GF.

Tony: I hate you... You knocked us out of both GG and BB teams :(

Tim: I also hate you because you knocked us out of GG teams :mad:

NerdJosh: Fun playing against your Faust even though I got raped. Your such a chill guy it was cool talking to you over the course of the weekend.

Team Cambridge: I didn't watch your BB matches because we were playing ours usually when you guys were playing but from what I could hear Tom was bringing the hype with the BK. Awesome cosplay as always guys. Also, good shit on trying and sticking with GG. The game is too good.

Don: Thanks for bringing the CRT TVs to let GG run. The old scumbag gimmicks are effective is seems lol

To everyone else: Thanks for coming to support the anime games at T11 this year. It was awesome seeing so many people playing. Hopefully next year we'll be able to run more sad life stuff like MB and AH.