Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Kimura

The SoVA Thread

This is our BlazBlue/Guilty Gear thread. No one here plays.

Interested in SoVA Melty Blood? Post here.

Interested in SoVA Arcana Heart? Post here.

Interested in SoVA Street Fighter? Post here.

Interested in SoVA King of Fighters XIII? Post here.

Upcoming Events

Casuals

Drem casuals, casuals at Blackula's, casuals at Dsinnie's. Post/call/AIM for information.

Player Directory

Post your name, games and mains, and contact info (optional) like so:

Name:

Games/Mains:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saikyo Joe / Mr. Kimura

Games:

BlazBlue CS :BANG:

Guilty Gear AC: :BA:

MBAA: F-Riesbyfe Stridberg

DBC

Games:

#R/GGXXS/AC :VE:

BBCS - :NO::MU::RG:

MBAA - C-Sion C-Hisui

T6 - Xiaoyu

SSFIV - Cammy, Chun, Rose

CvS2 - Yuri/Athena, Morrigan, Cammy

Omen

Games:

BBCS:MU::HA:

VF5 Lau,Goh

T6 Craig,Jin

PSN: OmenRv3

BmastaG

Games: BBCS: :NO::BANG:

SSF4: Adon

PSN: BmastaG

and pretty much willing to try any game u throw at me

Up for casuals anytime anywhere in the SoVa area

Drem

PSN: PooglyWoogly

BB: :MA:

AH3: Akane

Tenpowers

BB: :LI::TS:

GG: :CH:

AH3: Konoha

PSN: VileGlory

comatonic

BB: :VA::TA:

InverseSun

GG: :ED:

PSN: CageAntithesis

TittyFOFO

GG: Venom/I-no (Sol and Slayer occasionally too)

BBCS: Bang/Tsubaki

AH: Heart of a Hustla

SSF4: Akuma/Deejay (maybe E.Ryu when AE comes out)

T6: Lars

MARVEL: Wolvie/Sent/Wesker?

Monster Hunter: Greatsword

Pokemon: Dusclops

PSN: titaneatbabies

Hopefully, some heads come out of hiding.

Name: DBC

Games: #R/GGXXS/AC :VE: BBCS - :NO::LI: MBAA - C-Sion C-Hisui, T6 - Xiaoyu SSFIV - Cammy, Chun, Rose CvS2 - Yuri/Athena, Morrigan, Cammy

More upcoming events:

Event: The Virginia Monthly Tournament: BBCS, SSFIV, 3S, ST

When: September 18th

Where: Strange Matter in Richmond, VA

Event: Gosu SSF4 Challenge #3.2 - Fairfax, VA - 09/18 - GGAC, BBCS, SSF4

When: September 18th

Where: Cyber Ground in Fairfax, VA

Decide the Destiny...

Name: Omen

Games BBCS:MU::HA:/VF5 Lau,Goh/T6 Craig,Jin

Psn: OmenRv3

Ah good to see some posts here. I noticed more people coming out during Thursdays, and some new heads for BlazBlue. I know theres a thread on SRK but I hope this garners attention for the game as the SoVA community is more Capcom game based.

Either way I need matchup experience so keep showing up, this is the first fighting game I'm taking seriously after playing fighting games for about a year or so (wasted time imo).

Anyways good to see you Ariez, you should play me more cause I'm pretty free at the moment.

sup pplz

Name: BmastaG

Games: BBCS (Noel and bang)

SSF4 (adon)

and pretty much willing to try any game u throw at me

Up for casuals anytime anywhere in the SoVa area

I am in the mood for casuals this weekend, maybe it will pull me off of Fallout New Vegas for a while. Been neglecting fighting games for it.

Naw man I was waiting on you lol But there's always next time.

Going to fish on SRK now for peeps to post in the thread. Shame our thread doesn't really take too kindly to BlazBlue but they'll live.

A few weeks ago we had a bunch of kids come up to Play n' Trade, and they didn't show up the next time... we could have a solid group if they'd show up more. Unless you happen to be one of those kids...

I want to diversify the community a little and start something, take initiative, but I dunno where to start. People showing up would be a start. When a good amount of people start showing up for the game then we can get something going. Like, if we all show up at the SF events and theres enough I can talk to Arcadia Evolutions in Newport News where I live and try a tourney or something. You'd have to travel, but if I have to I can carry five people in my van, and seven when I put the seats back in. So there should be no reason, you know? At least you're interested :yaaay:

Maybe I should stop talking and start doing... there is a tournament this Saturday for SF and Tekken. I'm free at BlazBlue and any other fighter right now so don't expect much, but I love the game. If you play Guilty Gear, I'm learning that as well.

Also before I forget I plan on driving to Final Round this year, even though its near the airport this time (last time I flew and it was far away from the airport) but if you can save money for gas and a room you can come. DBC wants to come too. Dunno if you know him or not but he's a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and can learn you a thing or two about a thing or two.

Also I will add you on PSN, as you play Bang, as as do I (but more Lambda now, and getting back to Makoto). If all else fails, we can go to Aleri's Saturday if he's down, if not, can we take the party (I prefer sophisticated gathering of intelligent minds) to your place?

/wall of text

FFFF at being hours away from the main stuff in VA.

It's a tragedy.

I'm west of Charlottesville. As far as I can tell, there is no one here who plays BB ;_;

I could go for MBAA too. = /

I wouldn't necessarily call this the main stuff.

Actually, the scene out near Charlottesville (Blacksburg) probably has a larger scene than we do here, as far as BB goes. I don't know how melty is out there, but here it's about the same as BB.

Good stuff last night. My Noel matchup is poop, but its a shame Ashy Larry Bang isn't in CS though.

At least we have a place to play thanks to Drem, but I do regret staying out so late, I just woke up.

Yeah, it was good to play non-laggy BB for a change, although it's been months since I played with anyone in general in BB.

Also, #R Baiken's ground tatami FRC is not useless!

It kinda is, sometimes. We should play Guilty together DBC. Drem is hosting Friday again.

My Bang needs work, but I've been trying a practice regimen that will hopefully focus on some of my weaknesses.

I have not touched GG in awhile but I should be available after 4pm on Friday if there's something going on. I'll try to make it.

YO I need directions! SOMEONE PM ME DIRECTIONS! I'm BORED AS HELL OVER HERE!!!

Wait, NVM. you said ODU... I need directions on how to get to the spot everyone is meeting!

Kinda late, sorry but are there any need for set-ups? I can bring some since i'm waiting on something to get here first before i leave.