Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Kimura

The SoVA Thread

Sounds good to me, just post up what time to be there. I'd say the earlier the better, since I gotta chill with my broad later tonight. I can bring a setup (19" monitor and PS3).

Good games DBC, you're pretty solid in Guilty, and I got blown up. I need to play more, but I'll also keep grinding on my combos.

The venue was pretty good, don't you think?

Yeah, it was amazing. I wasn't expecting that much space. GG's for sure. When you're doing a jump tatami someone's wakeup, do it lower to the ground so that it comes out as Baiken lands. If you tatami too early, you'll will land before the tatami drops down, and can get punished unless unless it's frc'd.

GG's to Tempowers as well. Your neutral game is on point, I'd say. You didn't let me set up nonsense how I wanted to, and could find your way around the balls safely. Once you get those combos down, 40-50% free (or 70% in May's case). Oh, and forgot to mention j.2k FDC mixups.

Dang, I missed out on all the fun this weekend. Well, there's always next time if things happen before I leave VA. Either way I got most of my stuff back, those guys were arrested, and the only thing I'm missing is my laptop and my internet card. Well, better to have most of my stuff back than none.

Good stuff Shin. Shame about the laptop though, since you know, that's important and all. At least you got 90% of it back which is good.

Thanks DBC. I was never really good at combos in Guilty Gear but I think I got back into the pacing of the game. I will still try and get better though. Is a shame that Comatonic is going to be leaving us soon.

Looks like me leaving has been postponed until the weekend before June 1st. Looks like I'll be sticking around for a bit longer guys.

Well thats good for me at least.

In current news, my rear passenger tire blew out, so I'm hoping to get that fixed tomorrow to spend time with you guys :)

So yeah, I was out in Virginia Beach this past week after finals, but with no internet, so I couldn't really communicate. Anyway, I did ask tenpowers if anything was going on this weekend, but I'm guessing not. I'm free all this week, so if anyone wants to meet up, just let me know.

Always up for GG, I guess. I'm pretty terrible at BB, but I still want to learn though.

It dropped for us Xboxers Tuesday, yes. Sorry you can't play it :( Just look into SCV hype for now.

Also I'm loving the new Tsubaki, Platinum is interesting, and I have to rework my ENTIRE Bang plan now, but I look forward to the challenges. But don't be surprised if I'm not playing Bang as much as I used to. I'm looking to see what character fits me better instead of forcing it.

Platinum has some interesting stuff, I really like the item switching. The thing I like most about Tsubaki is increased gatlings, faster charge, better combos and damage, and I've always been a fan of her in general. The best thing is, she doesn't feel too strong while managing to be a big improvement overall. I've been messing with Bang IAD j.4C combos, which lead to nice damage and corner carry (as long as they're crouching, haven't messed with his crouching combos, but I think he combos directly to 5D at least on crouchers for an easy seal).

Shin, we should play sometime at your place now. I wanna get blown up by top tier Jin DP spam.

Oh right. So, Tenpowers and I wanted to get together with some other people for GG/BB this weekend. Only problem is that we have no idea of where to go. So yeah, anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Also, SoulCalibur 5, awww yeah.http://twitter.com/#!/Daishi_CALIBUR if anyone actually cares about updates/concept art. A mostly new cast. Supposedly.

No ideas here either. On a good note, PSN's back, I hear. Now I just have to find out how I'm going to grab the CS2 update.

I can't even get hype about SCV yet, because I don't even if Kilik or Talim will be it. Good to hear that they're working on the game though.

Soul Calibur looks pretty good.

If you all want to game, tell me where and when. BBCSII and Guilty fine? With some Arcana maybe? I don't care, but BBCSII is top priority at the moment.

Since I'm off tomorrow night, I'm going to try to make it to Blackula's, and while I'm there, I'll ask him if I can grab the CS2 update, unless there's something else going on tomorrow.

Shoutouts to DBC for his birthday.

(Though I did wish you it on SRK, AIM, and on your profile. Just letting you know I care :) )

A heads up, I posted it on the Homing Cancel forum but Dsinnie is hosting Saturday at 7:30ish, Jinks and I will probably bring a setup for anything that isn't SSFIV/MvC3/MK9/Other Trash Fighter here. If you don't know where it is, look in the SRK thread or ask me.

Not that anyone would read this but me, since the scene died for some reason.