Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rallamajoop

Guilty Gear 2: Overture released

So now that the game's finally out in Japan, we must be due for a new thread for news about it, right? In fact, it seems Overture actually shipped a couple of days early - so even though the official release date's barely here, there's already new media for it turning up on the web. So far, I've found a couple of short videos for download from the campaign/story mode of the game, revealing a new character I don't think anyone guessed we were going to see, and showing us Valentine's first appearance.

Obviously, this means spoilers, so now would be the time to hit the back button if you'd rather wait until the official release.

The extra character

Download (14 MB)

For context, this would be after Sol, Sin and Izuna finally get to Iluria castle to discover Ky's been sealed by Valentine - but it turns out one of That Man's servants is hanging around as well. It's not too clear yet whether he's going to be a fully playable character, but it does sound like you'll have to fight him at least once during the game.

Meet Valentine

Download (17 MB)

Most of the dialogue in this one turned out to pretty simple, so I knocked out a quick transcript. (Usual disclaimer on anything I translate - I'm not fluent by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm still pretty sure most of this should be accurate.)

Sin: W... what?

Sol: This power... Sin! Stay back!

Izuna: That's... the Master?

Valentine: Hello.

Sol: You! A... no, there's no way...

Sin: What's going on! Old man?

Sol: It's nothing. Focus on the enemy.

Valentine: I won't run/you won't escape (can't translate the next bit, but I really don't think she's complimenting them)

Izuna: You! (Can't be certain without context, but it sounds like he's saying something along the lines of 'You're the one who brainwashed my friends')

Valentine: Me? I'm Valentine.

Sin: Old man, her magic - it's beyond the ordinary.

Izuna: Definitely the Master.

Sol: ...'Master' you say.

Izuna: Yeah, the Master you've been fighting with your Servants. The Master of everyone we've fought up until now.

Valentine: All of you are standing in my way. I don't approve of obstacles like you.

The extra character

Download (14 MB)

For context, this would be after Sol, Sin and Izuna finally get to Iluria castle to discover Ky's been sealed by Valentine - but it turns out one of That Man's servants is hanging around as well. It's not too clear yet whether he's going to be a fully playable character, but it does sound like you'll have to fight him at least once during the game.

the spike through the head . . . is that RAVEN? :scared:

Youtube or it didn't happen. :kitty:

Ya, no matter what I try Im not getting video on this thing. However, quicktime was kind enough to tell me I might need a plugin. Then listed a thousand plugins I could try.

Couple of new gameplay vids have actually made it to youtube for a change.

Red Valentine versus blue Izuna

Purple Valentine versus white Izuna

To anyone having trouble getting the other vids to work - there probably is a codec you're missing, maybe running it through GSpot would let you figure out which one. Or I could upload some versions in a quicktime format if that's likely to work any better.

The "There's a battle to be won round 1, Let's rock" voice sounds like it's made in Microsoft Sam. Where's the spirit? It looked.. boring. Perhaps they should just stick to the fighting games.

the computerized voice "theres a battle to be won" "lets rock" was really... bad imo...

Ah, the voice is.... interesting. It's not irritating, but could be better XDDD It remembers of GGX, but much better. The game seems cool =] It would be better if XBox360 could have a mouse XDDDDDD Edit: Can anyone upload the op? The music's intro at the site seems cool

the voice is just like accent core. timing is off. lazy bums. HEAVEN...ORHELLDUEL ONE. LETS ROCK theres a battletobewon

Looking at those videos, the areas in the game are named: Yomotsuhirasaka Illyuria Triora Bad Canto Valley Ganymede i'm guessing there are more unlockable stages as well, right?

Meet Valentine

Download (17 MB)

Most of the dialogue in this one turned out to pretty simple, so I knocked out a quick transcript. (Usual disclaimer on anything I translate - I'm not fluent by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm still pretty sure most of this should be accurate.)

Izuna's sword sticks through his clothes! Nige nai or something like that means "don't run". As for the vid itself, it looks rather bad:/