Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rallamajoop

Guilty Gear 2: Overture released

That's some bullshit, pardon my english. How's that fool gonna cut out the goodness of X2(only one I've played other than AC, lol)?!

This..... Damn you! Why would anyone do that? GG is about GEARS. GEARS DAMMIT! Not "Masters" and "Master Ghosts"! Who the hell wants master ghosts? I want more gear warz! Great. Now Johnny is gonna have a master ghost, Slayer too, I-no. The whole story is gonna go to crap. I guess master ghosts were the big bad that was coming after all. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR This might not be true.(hoping)

I thought it was stated a while ago that Ishiwatari was no longer Designing the X series anyway. It was in Arcadia/a mook/or something around the time Slash came out.

You know, there are plenty of ways to revamp a fighter-plot raped story then just chucking everything out the window. Perhaps he'll eventually make an attempt to consolidate the fucking story, but I'm just pretty much disappointed by everything I'm hearing at this point.

well the continuity of GGX & XX is in a state of flux. its something i like to call Schrödinger's Plot in which all plot points are both Canon and Non-canon at the same time until the new game's storyline either: a) confirms it or b) refutes it. Basically didn't Daisuke did say he wanted to add more characters into Overture in the future? So if, say, Robo-Ky shows up trying to capture some Gears, then the Post-War Admin Bureau storyline still exists. See?

Also....

DAMMIT PEOPLE STOP LINKING TO NICO, nobody knows how to join that in Japanese!

Unless you wanna translate the registration form, just stop and use Youtube or Google Video instead.

.....Do you realize how much fucking work it is to convert from Nico to something like YT?

Joining the site isn't even that hard. You could have just googled how to join Nico or some shit but considering the fact that it's you...

Nico

Sorry to take away from spotlight from the biggest paternity struggle since last Friday's episode of Maury but I'm still wondering who EXACTLY is Valentine? All Signs point to Justice, yeah, but HOW? A clone? Reincarnation? Parallel Existence? A copy from the reverse time universe? Robot? Ghost? Robot Ghost?

Where is this info about the X/XX series not being canon coming from? Is it "nothing's confirmed until reconfirmed" not-canon, "everything you ever knew is a lie" not-canon, "Potemkin is now a white woman" not-canon?

Sorry to take away from spotlight from the biggest paternity struggle since last Friday's episode of Maury but I'm still wondering who EXACTLY is Valentine?

All Signs point to Justice, yeah, but HOW? A clone? Reincarnation? Parallel Existence? A copy from the reverse time universe? Robot? Ghost? Robot Ghost?

A lot of people on 4chan seemed to be convinced that Valentine was May. Someone also said something about Baiken and Anji having a kid?

A lot of people on 4chan seemed to be convinced that Valentine was May. Someone also said something about Baiken and Anji having a kid?

Yes sounds like you got that info from the most reliable source, 4chan, alright :psyduck:

I knew someone would say that. Goddamn! :lol: Place has its moments of serious discussion though.

Well I'm working on screencapping the transcript as we speak if anyone wants to translate it be my guest.

Edit: And yes, I joined Nico, it was annoying to translate.

A machine translation of the registration page is more than enough to register at Nico. :psyduck: But at least you registered...

My theory for all thats its worth is Valentine is Justice's daughter, and Dizzy (if it is the chick in the ice), is some kind of clone of Justice.

k well i tried twice to sign up with Neco and they have yet to send me my E-mail confermation. could some one please upload the vid with all this talk of Sin's lineage on YouTube?

Eh, dammit I hate it when things start to involve clones. Usually tends to be an indication that things are going downhill.

OKAY, okay okay. I think we should all calm down over the story thing. Remember how GGXX had 3 different endings for each character? And how in GGX, there were a bunch of different endings too? He probobly just means that not all of those are canon. Like, until GGXX came out, anyone could have been the victor claiming bounty over Dizzy. When GGXX came out, it became established that Sol beat Dizzy, left her, then Ky got her, gave her to the pirates, and gave Jam the bounty to make it look like Dizzy was dead or whatever. So, could we not expect a similar thing to happen with GG2? I seriously doubt an entire story would just be thrown out like that. I mean, Lightning the Argent? Butterfly and her Gail? Side Red, Side Black? C'mon.

Even if everyone died ala Evangelion, I'd still love this series....:keke:

as for an upside it this, the "KYxDIZZY OTP" factor is driving the yaoi fangirls up the walls

hilarious :yaaay: