Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rallamajoop

Guilty Gear 2: Overture released

Anji would probably end up with mostly clones of Izuna's set, with a few of the weirder ones swapped out for Noh dancers or other random things. I kinda hope that his ending with That Man in XX was canon, though. I wanna see Gear Anji working for That Man.

I heard Overture's story is REALLY SCREWED UP. I'm not going to own XBOX 360 so I spoiled myself and it's damn shocking. For those who owns xbox 360 and going to play this game, don't get yourself spoiled. Oh man -_-;;

Foolish mortals doubting me... Was I not the that also told you order sol was going to be in slash before the game came out as well? And isuka etc? doubting my pyschicness is not good.

An ENTIRE ARMY OF ROBOs. The ultimate servant would be a SUBSTANCE model :roboky:

Speaking of Robot Ky, if he were to be added in later, would his entire appearance be updated to match King Ky? Or would he still carry the Mark1 look and people still confuse the two?

EDIT at below: I'm thinking Faust would command a Mini-Faust/Pot/RK brigade that effectively combines fast acting grunts, tanks, demolition, flyers, and medics into his coat pocket.

Faust? :psyduck::vbang: Anything goes. Zappa doesn't seem the type.

Well, I think in one of Faust's post fight speeches against Testament, he tells that summoning is one of his hobbies aswell, so maybe (is Faust would ever be on it) he'll have an army of bizarre things and strange looking flowers or so, maybe even Fanny looking units. And dunno either Zappa could share army with him or he'll have his own little army of ghosts.

Well about Overture, I'm also against it, but gonna give it a shot anyway, who knows maybe I'll ending up liking it. Many of you are telling that Daisuke is considering X and XX non canon, he and Arc hasn't stated yet that they will stop making games of this "sidestory". (if you're gonna go "OHH THEY DO!" on me, please post a link to verify your information, thanks) So don't lose hopes, if they do stop it, then I'll go and cry in a corner because I loved that "sidestory". (and the gameplay, I love fighting games and I consider GG the best) For now I think Overture storyline is to keep Ishiwatari happy in his pants, I know there's gonna be some kind of demand for continuing X-XX storyline maybe as what he calls it, a "non-canon sidestory". I just hope it's that way...

If not...

May God helps us all... :psyduck:

I don't care if GG2 is the "true sequel" for GG series cuz I predicted that since the days I played GGXX and I will accept that GG2 even if it sucks. But if Sin's really Ky and Dizzy's son...DAISUKE ARE YOU TRYING TO PISS OFF FANS???WTF IS GOING ON WITH YOU???? Hopefully that thing wouldn't happen in GG1, but if Daisuke also intends to kill the GG1 series THEN I'M GONNA QUIT THIS SERIES!!!!!I WILL TRY STREET FIGHTERS OR KING OF FIGHTERS OR KEN OR RYU OR WTF I DON'T CARE!!!!YOU MUST DIE DAISUKE OR PLZ LET THE SERIES LIVE!!!!! Plz don't mind my words, and my English also. I just cannot take this anymore. I've been a GG fangirl for 4 years and I 've never thought that someday I would quit this series, I really really love it. I even bought a 360 just for that GG2 but now Daisuke, you've made me really disappointed...

Foolish mortals doubting me... Was I not the that also told you order sol was going to be in slash before the game came out as well? And isuka etc? doubting my pyschicness is not good.

It's not that none one believed you. We just thought you were being a dick. Well. You're always being a dick. But we thought you were joking.

.... Though that said, when someone tells you the plot of the game and you assume their being a sarcastic ass, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE PLOT OF THE GAME.

Anyways kthx for the translation, even if it took awhile to realize you were serious. :(

That and I don't picture May controlling an army of minions very well...unless she ends up doing something like that.

Come, now. Army of freakin' marine animals? Doesn't that make sense?

Hello. I just ordered the game after spoiling myself all over several game play reports and from what I can derive out of the mix of fan-girl glasses (<-- that alone took correlating info from five different people) is that Dizzy is never literally stated as being Sin's mother. The following are what I've read are the "facts" regarding her in the game: (highlight since the status of spoilers on this thread is up in the air as far as I can tell)

1) She is a Gear.

2) She was also affected by the disappearance/annihilation incidents that have been reported in the beginning of the story and Ky used FuuRaiKen to "seal" her in order to delay the process. Hence why he isn't using it. And apparently, even at the end, they don't have a means to undo the seal. Whether that includes saving her from being annihilated at the same I'm not sure.

3) The only so-called in-game image of her is largely the crystal she is sealed within. There supposedly is a silhoutte of wings, long hair, and a ribbon on the head though I guess we'll need a screenshot for ourselves. The more level-headed players don't see a resemblance to Dizzy but all admit that the image doesn't really have any good distinction.

4) She is the "key" that Valentine is looking for, because she is a back-up (replica is the kanji term used, but it is "read" as back-up) of Justice. And that has something to do with accessing the Backyard and the bloody Cube that That Man made over there.

5) Sol also knows Sin's mother.

6) She is only refered to as kokage no kimi which you can translate into Lady/Princess of Tree Shade (or Bower). However, the "poetry" of the name is in the style of the courtesans in Japan's Heian period so the "Tree Shade" part may not really have any meaning other than sounding pretty.

Hence with that, of the known characters in GG, you can see who might be the closest fit. I'd just as well prefer an entirely new character to expand the universe.

Translations of the screenshots posted earlier are further down. I hope I remember to pop into Nico when the free account access comes back up.

theria

Actually, once we figured out Sin's secret, my brother noted that none of the original playable characters are human. XD

This is my translation of the screenshots that were put up from that one particular event movie. Highlight to read as usual.

KK = Ky Kiske

DP = Dr. Paradigm

Sol = Sol Badguy

IZ = Izuma

DP: They have the ability to grasp the location of GEARs. If left alone, not just here, but the entire world will become a sea of flame.

KK: I did not think it was a small incident… “Backyard”, “Vizuel” (katakana, best guess), and “That Man”… this (talk) has grown too big.

DP: However, for kokage no kimi to be in this state

KK: It was several days ago. She began to disappear before my eyes. I exhausted various types of magic to stop the annihilation, finally exhausting the power of the Divine Weapon FuuRaiKen, it settled to this frozen state.

KK: However, perhaps as it was so rushed, even if this seal cannot be released now, there is no telling how long it will hold.

DP: To exchange (convert?) that Divine Weapon? It is no wonder that this is such a high resolution time distortion. The time within this seal is pretty much standing still.

KK: So, cannot she not be safely extricated?

DP: It is possible to release this sealed condition. However, doing so will probably result in the sublimation beginning again. {Sublimation: process of matter transitioning from solid to gas state}

KK: No!

DP: Calm down, in that case, it’s just an issue of defeating the mediator of the sublimation, Valentine

KK…that’s good. Which is to say that there is still hope.

DP: How shocking, is concession* so important? I heard that the Renou Ky Kiske was a man of character but it seems that is in error.

*riken (利権)

KK: …..

DP: That is fine, since thanks to that, I have made an unexpected great discovery. Due to investigating kokage no kimi, I understand why they are targeting here, Frederick.

Sol: What do you mean.

DP: First, the purpose of the sublimation is not GEAR annihilation. Rather, it is the search for the necessary “key” to penetrate the “Cube”. Searching from (within) the “GEAR cells”.

Sol: What?

DP: Frankly put, Valentine is not the watchman of the “Cube”. She is in fact the one invading the “Cube”.

Sol: Wait, I’m not seeing where this is going. You’re saying that Valentine and “That Man” are opposing each other?

DP: Hmmm… it would be consistent if you think that both are contesting dominancy over the “Cube”. Either way, it doesn’t change the hazardous situation.

Sol: But if their aim harvesting “GEAR Cells” there are plenty of other GEARs. What is the reason for the enemy to focus on Illuria.

DP: It’s not that just any GEAR will do. Otherwise, they would have already accomplished their goal.

DP: The attacks continue because they have not obtained a/the completed “Key”.

IZ: So, so you can’t be saying that completed “Key” is…

For the second JPG. Highlight again.

DP: Yes, her, kokage no kimi.

KK: …!!

Sol: ….. (Not so surprised is he?)

DP: That is the reason they desire Illuria, King. Though she was rumored to have great power…

DP: What is surprisingly, is that her “GEAR Cells” closely resemble that of the former destruction god (= Justice). In other words…

DP: Kokage no kimi is Justice’s reproduction!!! (fukusei, 複製) (used the kanji here)

Sol: … (again, total lack of reaction)

IZ: Oh my…

DP: Humanity really is hopelessly foolish.

KK: What, what are you doing?

DP: The “Key” must be prevented from falling into their hands. Before she is sublimated and the information stolen, she must be completely destroyed.

KK: What are you saying!

DP: Be it “That Man” or Valentine, I do not think they are causing this uproar for a peaceful purpose.

DP: As I said, intervention to the “Cube” will endanger this very world. Right now, her existence holds the world’s fate!

KK: But even that!! I cannot stand aside quietly and let that happen!

DP: Don’t misread the situation/issue, King! We are not talking about the interests and balances of an organization! Or what, are you saying that you love this GEAR or something.

KK: That is correct!

DP: Hmm! Ooh! ….what?

{:lol: Please pardon the translator ROTFL, from both of them. Even knowing this was coming up… oh gods, my stomach muscles hurt.}

KK: …she is not captured by Illuria, nor is she a weapon. We are simply in love.

KK: As king, as a human, I understood it is a love that broaches on taboo. However, as a single human being I love her. For Shin as well, I cannot abandon her.

{Ah, these are probably those lines that the players were calling so embarrassing. Right guys, and girls, how many of you can say that with a straight face?}

DP: This, this isn’t a joke?

Sol: ….this guy won’t lie.

DP: Ahh….huh, wait. You just said Sin now? That young one who just departed? Why is he related?

KK: …Shin is…my child. Born between her and I.

{And the declaration of graduating from being a virgin…}

DP: …WHAT--!!!!

Last JPG from the set. Highlight please.

KK: That child with the blood of GEAR grows quickly. Knowing that if noticed by others he could be killed, he was left in Sol’s care…

DP: It appears, that this truly is no joke… However, I must say that your self-awareness of being King is lacking.

KK: I have nothing to say to that. However, even so, I do not intend to abandon her.

DP: Still saying that? We have no time to deal with your willfullness. This world’s fate is on the balance.

Sol: Just wait, if the “Cube” is the center of this incident that we can’t lose the means to intervene.

KK: Sol…

DP: Humph, well… is there a reasoning?

Sol: Still… wait! Where is Shin?

DP: Who knows. A selfish youth like his parent… no… wait… that would change the situation…!

DP: If kokage no kimi’s “GEAR Cells” are the “Key”… then Shin who has inherited that, can also suffice as the “Key”!!

(Everyone): !

KK: I will find him!

Sol: Calm down! Don’t forget your position…

KK: But!

DP: An attack?!

IZ: It’s coming to the castle!

DP: Approaching here with no hesitation. So, their target is kokage no kimi?

IZ: Hm? That…

DP: It can’t be! They are brainwashed?

KK: Those are your associates?

IZ: Valentine’s favorite trick. My friends were also controlled by that.

DP: Urh, how, however…in this situation, Sin is priority.

DP: Frederick, I and the King will protect kokage no kimi. Immediately bring back Sin!

Sol: ….

DP: Quickly. The fate of the world… this is no exaggeration!

And that's all there was.

Yep, love has definitely changed Ky (for the better?). ii desu yo.

You know, I really tried hard to not look at this thread, 'cause I hate spoilers. But, after some accidental reading on the plot elsewhere, I kinda gave up.

Anyway, this is just WEIRD. Yeah Ky and Dizzy kinda make a cute couple and makes sense story-wise (although I thought she'd be better for Testament...?), but it's hard to imagine them fuckin' (Dizzy, the three-year old pacifist-who'll-still-beat-you-senseless-if-you-mess-with-her, and Ky, the absurdly shy religious knight?)

Hell, maybe it's just me, but even canon pairings don't fit right with me (Like Zato and Millia, or Slayer and Sharon). Guess it's the whole "I perceive the character as a fighter, not really as a human." Case in point?

I can't imagine Venom buying groceries, Ky doing taxes, or Baiken sleeping, you know? :psyduck:

Well, this game'll at least be worth a buy for the fighting system, but I'm a bit put-off by the storyline thus far. I've resisted watching any (more) videos of it, but I hear the music's goin' to be stellar, which is a definite plus.

EDIT: Ack, you're right Mitsurugi! D: Sorry-sorry!

Thank you Theria, I also bursted into laughter. :v: By the way DongMung, in your post just above, aren't you revealing what Theria tried to keep hidden and only readable by highlighting his posts ? Not that I care since I read Theria's spoilers willingly but think of those who don't want to. Haha, "Venom buying groceries" ! :psyduck:

You know, I really tried hard to not look at this thread, 'cause I hate spoilers. But, after some accidental reading on the plot elsewhere, I kinda gave up.

Anyway, this is just WEIRD. Yeah Ky and Dizzy kinda make a cute couple and makes sense story-wise (although I thought she'd be better for Testament...?), but it's hard to imagine them fuckin' (Dizzy, the three-year old pacifist-who'll-still-beat-you-senseless-if-you-mess-with-her, and Ky, the absurdly shy religious knight?)

Hell, maybe it's just me, but even canon pairings don't fit right with me (Like Zato and Millia, or Slayer and Sharon). Guess it's the whole "I perceive the character as a fighter, not really as a human." Case in point?

I can't imagine Venom buying groceries, Ky doing taxes, or Baiken sleeping, you know? :psyduck:

Well, this game'll at least be worth a buy for the fighting system, but I'm a bit put-off by the storyline thus far. I've resisted watching any (more) videos of it, but I hear the music's goin' to be stellar, which is a definite plus.

Well, I could see Ky doing taxes...

The DizzyxKy thing doesn really seem that far fetched really. There rather similar (assuming Dizzy remained shy and stuff).

The good news is, Sins not Bridgett.

I can't believe Sol isn't pissed that Ky exhausted the Furaiken. I mean Sol built that himself. Lol @ Ky finally getting laid. All in all, Overture has a pretty good story.

ooh interesting stuff there what exactly is the "Cube" and its contents? I guess from the ending fights its Justice in there which would make it . . . the Dimensional Prison she was stuck in before the first game.

From the dialogue of Battle #17 Majin, the Cube apparently was made by That Man and it is in the Backyard. Whatever the Cube is, That Man does not want Valentine to *something*, be that come in contact or control or whatever. I can't pick out the word from the dialogue (amidst all the explosions) or the kanji from the text box (fuzzy plus lots of flashing lights). The Backyard... my best understanding from the jumble of incomplete information is that it is the higher dimension from which the infinite energy is called forth, a world that exists to support the existence of this world, and where information naturally collects (not sure what/why/how). It is the Backyard where Izuna comes from and also where Dr. Paradigm has been residing since the end of the Crusades.