Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Are any of the characters from the first Dissdia (Outside of Cloud) coming back, because that would be neat to get everyone back in the sequel...

..Oh. Just read what was said beforehand. Disregard what I said. :keke:

That's ironic considering how powerful he is in that game...

By "powerful" I hope you mean below mid at best. He has a hard time landing hits and doing pretty much anything. He has to rely on doing that same move over and over in hopes of landing a combo.

I'm wondering if they're going for 3 characters per game, which would bring the final count to 39, or if they'll try and add a new Hero + Villain for each, which would bring th total to a whopping 52.

I just hope for IX's new rep it's Beatrix, Vivi or Mikoto. Beatrix could fit on the Chaos side if they wanted, though without Dagger or Steiner, story-wise it'd be odd for her to be there. Vivi would make more sense story-wise, he's got a reason to fight Kuja at least. Mikoto just for semi-lols, it would add the final "Angel of Death" from IX, but I don't see how she'd fight honestly. Maybe wield a scythe, that'd be awesome. She'd also have a reason to be against Kuja, or for him, but I'm certain she's not getting added.

game needs wakka and ramza

only when i can crush sephiroth with wakka's mighty blitzball will the world be at peace

By "powerful" I hope you mean below mid at best. He has a hard time landing hits and doing pretty much anything. He has to rely on doing that same move over and over in hopes of landing a combo.

lololol wasn't aware Dissidia even HAD a tier list. Also, that assumes who you play against actually knows how to dodge and block and not get caught in corners of a stage. :v:

A "defensive" Cloud is very dangerous. Especially if he can use Braver through spells on reaction.

lololol wasn't aware Dissidia even HAD a tier list. Also, that assumes who you play against actually knows how to dodge and block and not get caught in corners of a stage. :v:

A "defensive" Cloud is very dangerous. Especially if he can use Braver through spells on reaction.

IMO, I find Cloud to be akin to CS Noel. Cloud has easy to react to moves so he needs to rely on knowing the matchups, his opponent's attacks and how to react to whatever his opponents throw out at him, Noel in a nutshell has ass normals, so she needs to rely on Drive, though the opponent can basically just hold back and not mash and not worry about shit, so like Cloud, the only way Noel has any chance of winning is to know the matchups and react to anything her opponent does with the appropriate action.

/2pennies

I'm wondering if they're going for 3 characters per game, which would bring the final count to 39, or if they'll try and add a new Hero + Villain for each, which would bring th total to a whopping 52.

I just hope for IX's new rep it's Beatrix, Vivi or Mikoto. Beatrix could fit on the Chaos side if they wanted, though without Dagger or Steiner, story-wise it'd be odd for her to be there. Vivi would make more sense story-wise, he's got a reason to fight Kuja at least. Mikoto just for semi-lols, it would add the final "Angel of Death" from IX, but I don't see how she'd fight honestly. Maybe wield a scythe, that'd be awesome. She'd also have a reason to be against Kuja, or for him, but I'm certain she's not getting added.

Beatrix would be best on the Chaos side, honestly. IX is my favorite FF and one of my only story complaints is that they shoehorned Beatrix onto the good side with a single half-hearted "Am I doing the right thing" soliloquy. What we saw in Burmecia and Cleyra was a cold-hearted monster who enjoyed killing and delighted in causing human (And rat thing) suffering. She should have been a villain all the way through, really.

From Andriasang

Dengeki Games recently got some one-on-two time with creative producer Tetsuya Nomura and director Mitsunori Takahashi regarding Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy Reunion passed along a transcript of the interview.

Development on Duodecim started in August of last year, Takahashi revealed. They'd already begun work on it before Dissidia Final Fantasy Universal Tuning saw release.

Nomura classified Duodecim as a sequel to the original Dissidia. In terms of positioning in the series, the first Dissidia depicted the thirteenth battle between Chaos and Cosmos. The sequel depicts the twelfth battle.

Asked about the game's concept, Takahashi said that they wanted to do more than just a simple version up that adds a few additional characters.

There will be other new characters besides Kain and Lightning (the TGS trailer, of course, showed Tifa), but outside of new characters the game will have new battle elements and new play features.

The new "Assist" feature is one such new battle system.

This system lets you call upon a support character that you've selected in advance. By depleting an Assist Gauge, which you build up by performing Brave attacks, you can make your assist character perform a brave attack or HP attack for you.

The Assist system, explained Takahashi, will be an important element in the game's battle system. It was actually the result of the team attempting to come up with ideas when Nomura said that wanted the Duodecim combat system to be more enjoyable than the original. Two of the goals for the battle system were: increase player choice to deepen the experience, and make the battles look livelier. The Assist system achieves both of these.

Regarding new characters, selection appears to be a tough task. Explained Takahashi, the staff is looking at characters who are popular amongst Final Fantasy fans and characters who will show some uniqueness during battle. Takahashi faces a dilemma in deciding on which characters to include, as between the staff and the fans there are a large number of requests, and they can't include everyone.

Newcomers Kain and Lightning are both on the Cosmos side of the fight. So who will serve as their Chaos counterparts? This may not be a valid question anymore. Nomura said that this time rather than Chaos and Cosmos pairs, they're selecting characters from the series as a whole. This is why it's possible for Cecil and Kain, two Cosmos characters from Final Fantasy IV, to appear in the game.

Incidentally, Nomura revealed that he'd actually wanted to include Kain in the original Dissidia.

All the current characters are returning, complete with new costumes. Each character will have their "normal" and "another" costumes from the original, along with a new "3P" color costume. Nomura said the 3P costumes will have "impact" in their looks. In some cases, you may not immediately recognize the characters.

The previously announced Aya Brea Lightning and Kingdom Hearts Cloud costumes, included as bonus content for those with product codes from the first print runs of The 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, serve as special "download costumes" for Lightning and Cloud. The two characters also have normal, another and 3P costumes.

The Cloud costume actually took a bit of work to get into the game.

Explained Takahashi, the character's cloak required additional bones to make it move.

Duodecim will carry your data over from Dissida Final Fantasy and Universal Tuning. The staff is currently looking into what exactly players will be able to import.

i met like 10 of those...sephiroths (max) meteor puts an end to that shit quick.

Personally, how I play Cloud varies:

1. If they're close, I bait brave attacks with Blade Beam spam since most HP attacks have huge startup anyway.

2. If Cloud is on the ground, he can Reposte into Cross Slash easily.

3. Depending on enemy hitbox, if he Repostes an air Brave Attack close to the ground, he can counter with Finishing Touch, other wise Cross Slash still works.

4. He still has Slash Blow Dodge Cancel infinite, so that's still a problem.

5. If he slams you into the ground or wall (from Slash Blow or Chase), that's a FREE Braver.

6. Omnislash LV 5 can "link" to Finishing Touch if he has EX Mode up and you don't have a fast enough Brave Attack to get out in time to beat it.

7. Reposte > Climhazzard > Braver (all of which can link in many situations).

8. Braver beats certain HP attacks that offset only slightly, like Dark Cloud's counter. Sephiroth's Octa Slash does this too to some extent.

Also a few situationals (since Tina/Kefka's like his worst matchup IMO)

--Moonsault Slash is a good counter to Tina's Tornado from below.

--Braver goes through HP spell attacks EASILY, including Garland's Dual Tornado cover.

--Blade Beam can work as an Anti-Brave spell projectile in some situations.

--Kefka's Homing Blizzara shards can be bounced back at him for huge damage, lol, also a good time to use Braver.

--vs Squall's Aerial Circle HP attack, if you dodge to the side of the radius, it's a FREE Finishing Touch.

--Sephiroth's Compressed Earth/God of Speed can be reflected easily, but he might hit-confirm it, so be careful.

--Seph's Meteor can't be canceled, only charged and released, weak version can be dodged. Slow version can be airdashed out from under and in some cases makes Seph totally unsafe, unless you know when to fully charge it (after Seph's spell does the spark).

Things I noticed in the trailer:

--Emperor/Golbeza are talking in a place I can only assume is either the Subterra Core in FFIV or the Lowest Level of Pandemonium from FFII (based on Origins remake?).

--Knights are talking on what is either FFX's Airship or FFXII's Bahamut Airship.

--Chaos Shrine looks a little different from before, more ramps and such on an upper level.

--Orphan's Cradle seems to have platforms that shift.

--Lightning uses her Eidolon "Odin" and goes Gestalt with it as her EX Mode Combo.

--Cain has a flipkick brave attack which leads to chase, but the chase mode looks different from before, it looks like the enemy was put in stun for longer (less guessing games from before maybe?), also the chase looks like it arced instead of going straight, so certain hits that have chase do different kinds of chase it seems, on top of that he ended chase with a multi-hit combo, kinda reminds me of Guilty Gear's Dust Combos :D.

--Cain can throw his spear from the air as an HP attack (it has multiple brave hits it seems).

--Apparently you can perform combos and use Assist to extend the combo (like MVC2/MVC3). It looks like you can do attack combos in this fashion: Brave Combo > Assist Combo from your partner > You end it in an HP Attack.

--Cain *might* have some telekinetic control over his spear in EX Mode, I can't be sure, but he can spin it without actually holding it.

--Cain's EX Mode unmasks him in crystal armor (he looks badass btw) and he does a Super Jump.

--Cloud's 3P outfit is his Amano Shirt.

--Some kind of Desert is seen near a stone structure (FFIV/V/X/XII?), it could be Figaro Castle too...not sure.

--Also appears to be a nighttime desert (though this could be the Lunar Surface from FFIV).

--WoL has a new aerial sword rush combo/HP Attack?

--Emperor has a vacuum spell that generates landmines as an HP combo attack.

--Cloud can do Meteorain from the air (as he originally did).

--Garland has a rather nastly sword smash combo HP attack (looks kinda like the first part of Cloud's Finishing Touch slashes but more damaging and heavier blows).

--Cain does his Jump Attack, which appears to come down really fast as an HP attack (not sure how it can be dodged, but he's safe while doing it). It might have homing properties near the ground.

--Ultimecia has some kind of chain ground spell like Apocalypse she can use from long range.

--Cecil has a new Paladin Shockwave move from the air (AWESOME, about time he had a decent HP attack from the air). Might just trump his Darkness move.

--Kuja has a new Meteorain-like detonation spell he fires from above.

--Jecht looks like he can do HP detonation attacks as a Block/Counter...I'm not sure though.

--Exdeath has an even BIGGER cyclone attack that's an HP attack I guess (more like a Hurricane).

--Tina can use her Fire shockwave spell (the one that causes chase on hit) and followup with either a Flare or Firaga spell.

--Cloud has some other kind of upward Brave Attack hit...not sure what it does.

--Firion has some means of linking physical attacks with spells (kinda like Squall's lightning chase, but does HP damage as well as Brave).

--In the FMV, Tidus is shirtless, so I'm assuming that's his 3P costume.

--*really wishes Garland can grab and throw objects with his chain sword*

--Tifa confirmed.

--Game is being done sometime in 2011.

That's all. :)

Can't tell which is hotter, Lightning in Aya's clothes or Aya in Lightning's. <3

The answer: Neither. Because Lighting wasn't near a cool as I thought she be, just like all of Square's characters now she's just a whiny bitch :\ Also they turned my awesome Aya into...a whiny bitch....

But I'm still getting both games cause I've craved anything Parasite Eve related FOREVER and I still like Lighting's design and battle style, also for those who cares here's the trailer subbed

...The story looks to be taking some interesting directions, but seriously Japan, amnesia is ALWAYS a weak plot... =.=

The answer: Neither. Because Lighting wasn't near a cool as I thought she be, just like all of Square's characters now she's just a whiny bitch :\ Also they turned my awesome Aya into...a whiny bitch....

But I'm still getting both games cause I've craved anything Parasite Eve related FOREVER and I still like Lighting's design and battle style, also for those who cares here's the trailer subbed

...The story looks to be taking some interesting directions, but seriously Japan, amnesia is ALWAYS a weak plot... =.=

Sounds like the whiney bitch is you, but don't take my word for it.

KH Cloud looks like a huge mess of polygons, I wonder how he'll play in Dissidia.

And speaking of 3P costumes...you guys got any speculations on the others?

3P for WoL is probably him without his helmet.

3P for Garland...um...wow...Garland unmasked would be...way too epic. Unless they gave him Chaos Armor.

3P for Firion...might be Leon...

3P for Emperor..."Good" Emperor from 10th Anniversary maybe?

3P for Onion Knight...wow...uh, no clue. Maybe him without armor when he was just a kid.

3P for Dark Cloud...geez, maybe a fancy dress???

3P for Cecil...Unmasked Dark Knight and masked Paladin maybe???

3P for Golbeza...his After Years look!

3P for Kain, since his 2P appears to be the Dragoon from FFII, I'd say his After Years look.

3P for Bartz, his chibi-sized adventurer outfit with the big green cape.

3P for Exdeath, Neo Exdeath without the Armor.

3P for Terra....a moogle outfit? No idea.

3P for Kefka....a kappa outfit? Once again no clue.

3P for Cloud (already said)

3P for Sephiroth...maybe a Genesis outfit.

3P for Squall...either his KH outfit, or something to do with Laguna.

3P for Ultimecia...a Rinoa/Edea outfit???

3P for Zidane...Blank maybe?

3P for Kuja...Zeromus/Garland armor?

3P for Tidus...shirtless beach bum.

3P for Jecht...Sol Badguy!? *I wish*

3P for Shantotto...Traditional Black Mage w/Hat.

3P for Gabranth...Baasch outfit, since he is a twin brother.

And that's all I got.

Sounds like the whiney bitch is you, but don't take my word for it.

Am I? Lightning

reasons behind her name change are dumb

:psyduck: and she didn't even change it more like translate it :\

And my biggest quibble is with Aya... not only does she get amnesia (seriously the most abused plot device in most things Japanese) but she's also afraid to do something she's been doing for two games... They make her look like a helpless child (now I feel Metroid fans' pain) and I just hope she can iron out to be an alright character with this new persona they're implanting in her.

But I digress, I love both characters and am getting both games so don't take anything I say too seriously.

Also I got the only costume I ever wanted, KH Cloud, everything else is just icing, more importantly I want to know more new characters, assuming they're adding 1 new character from each entry, if Faris doesn't make it as 5's other character I'm going to be so miffed...

That's the assist system. Also, Vaan has semi been confirmed to be in the game by his voice actor. Source: http://twitter.com/bobbyedner/status/15025605656

Tifa's voice actress has been confirmed to be Rachael Leigh Cook, who will be returning to voice Tifa again. Source: http://twitter.com/Dracozombie/status/24804770608 and http://twitter.com/RachaelLCook/status/24820944597

Also, Vaan has semi been confirmed to be in the game by his voice actor. Source: http://twitter.com/bobbyedner/status/15025605656

Tifa's voice actress has been confirmed to be Rachael Leigh Cook, who will be returning to voice Tifa again. Source: http://twitter.com/Dracozombie/status/24804770608 and http://twitter.com/RachaelLCook/status/24820944597

Crap, that was fast O.o But not surprising, I wonder if Square is trying to close the gap between the releases since they're already contacting English VAs