Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

DAMN YOU YOUTUBE! :arg: *video was taken down*

IMHO Ashe is a pseudo-clone of Lightning anyway, though I would've liked to see Balthier make an appearance.

DAMN YOU YOUTUBE! :arg: *video was taken down*

IMHO Ashe is a pseudo-clone of Lightning anyway, though I would've liked to see Balthier make an appearance.

Uhhh.... I really, really hate to rag on you after all the trolling you get already, but wouldn't Lightning be a pseudo-clone of Ashe since Ashe came first? >_>;;

In terms of popularity, no. :)

In terms of reality...not really, since Lighting actually 'looks better', even if Ashe came before.

In terms of popularity, no. :)

In terms of reality...not really, since Lighting actually 'looks better', even if Ashe came before.

I'm honestly not quite sure how the original version can be a clone in any sense of the term. >_>

Not that it matters since Vaan was confirmed to be the XII rep.

That, and I saw a video on the Assist system the other day. Not sure how to link it here since it was uploaded by a friend (It's all in Japanese), but for those interested, he's what I managed to get out of it:

Assist bar raises when you attack or are attacked.

Idle completely or don't take aggressive action often and it drops rapidly.

The way that it traps your opponent could mean that Dissidia will finally have real combos like most fighters do.

1 Bar for Assist brave attack, 2 bars for Assist HP attack.

Damn, a game that was actually pretty badass is now getting an assist system. My interest plummeted. Please let there be an option somewhere on the menu to remove that.

why would you want to remove a system that immensely increases depth. i want every game to be sf2! no options allowed ever

Assist system looks pretty rad. Loving the comboability, it'll surely make characters that lacked decent brave to hp chains more viable.

Damn, a game that was actually pretty badass is now getting an assist system. My interest plummeted. Please let there be an option somewhere on the menu to remove that.

Knowing Squeenix, there's probably an ability or side-skill equip that can delay or lock the gauge of an enemy so that they can't use assists, or assist gauge doesn't increase much at all (heck, they probably have a Summon that could lock it). And probably they could be disabled in a Rule Setting, like in Old Dissidia where you had Chaos rules (Negative Penalty Freeze/Critical Hit Boost) and Cosmos rules (Re-Summon/Low HP-Limit Break) and certain equips prevented stat boosts of any kind, such as Anti-EX or Snooze-n-Lose which took away Brave points if they didn't attack after a while...

why would you want to remove a system that immensely increases depth. i want every game to be sf2! no options allowed ever

Assist system looks pretty rad. Loving the comboability, it'll surely make characters that lacked decent brave to hp chains more viable.

My Garland is quivering in anticipation. Though I hope Higbringer to Earthquake is still in.

That reminds me, I actually got Christopher Sabat to say "I Garland, shall knock you ALL DOWN!" at an anime convention once. :D

Dissidia already had combos so I dunno why people are waiting on assists for that.

And yes I mean more than BP -> HP chains.

Dodge cancel shenanigans were a little too character specific... >_>

It's not really a combo system if only some of the characters can do them, is it?

Dissidia already had combos so I dunno why people are waiting on assists for that.

And yes I mean more than BP -> HP chains.

Dissidia didn't have combos it had traps. The ONLY combos in Dissidia were Brave to HP links. And those to EX bursts if you could. Hence why Golbez, Cloud, and Zidane ruled

Dissidia didn't have combos it had traps. The ONLY combos in Dissidia were Brave to HP links. And those to EX bursts if you could. Hence why Golbez, Cloud, and Zidane ruled

Strictly speaking, Golbez and a few other characters could do inescapable BP - BP - HP combos, but those involved dodge canceling, which is probably the hardest kind of move cancel I've ever seen (They're basically all 1-frame inputs IIRC). ⌐_⌐

Yeah, and guess what all three of those characters have a hard time with? Blocking.

I think in a game like Dissidia, traps and footsies are a hell of a lot more solid than actual combos. And this is coming from someone who mains Zidane.

I'm kind of predicting the assist system to end up with "OMG Squall is so broken" coming form all the retards. It seems like an interesting system, and I have no problems with it, but it will sufficiently screw with tier lists to the maximum.

Yeah, and guess what all three of those characters have a hard time with? Blocking.

I think in a game like Dissidia, traps and footsies are a hell of a lot more solid than actual combos. And this is coming from someone who mains Zidane.

I'm kind of predicting the assist system to end up with "OMG Squall is so broken" coming form all the retards. It seems like an interesting system, and I have no problems with it, but it will sufficiently screw with tier lists to the maximum.

The retards are always going to say Squall is broken, same as they say Tager is broken in BB. >_>

Blocking in Dissidia is skill-based not character-based (unless you count ExDeath) Know WHAT your opponent can do, block them up close, BRV to HP, profit!!!

I'm gonna be honest. I love Dissidia, but talk of tier lists and whatnot makes me laugh.

In all honesty to me, Dissidia is like Smash Bros. Fun? Yes. Fighting game? Yes. (unless you're brawl) Full of competitive depth? I don't see it.

That having been said, I am hype for this new Dissidia. Liking the characters so far (except Vaan) and here's hoping for Auron. If not, here's hoping the Emperor's new tricks are nice and useful.

I really, AND I MEAN REALLY, don't want to see Exdeath do Dodge Cancel combos...that'd be messed up.

Hey guys. I got bored and decided to translate a little bit.

Terra has a new BRV > HP link: Fire > Firaga

Cecil has a new HP attack in the air: Light Thruster. He throws his weapon at them.

Garland has Flare as an HP attack. It's just a huge swipe with his sword infused with fire.

Cloud has Meteorain as an air HP attack now.

Warrior of Light has an air HP attack called Ultimate Shield.

People seriously think Squal is broken? And speaking of Squall could Fullisade plz fire the first shot straight.

There's an Arcade Mode, and a Online option for Versus mode (no levels, just default balanced move sets per character), but you don't really get to mess with move-input settings very much.