Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Strictly speaking, Golbez and a few other characters could do inescapable BP - BP - HP combos, but those involved dodge canceling, which is probably the hardest kind of move cancel I've ever seen (They're basically all 1-frame inputs IIRC). ⌐_⌐

they're actually incredibly easy for the most part, there aren't exactly a bunch of 1-frame anythings in Dissidia

Tidus, Cloud, Zidane, Golbez, Bartz, WoL, Garland, Firion, Onion Knight, Sephiroth... pretty much every melee character has dodge cancel combos except I guess Squall and Jecht but Jecht has his own combo system and Squall has a bunch of links and he'd be even more broken if he had real dodge cancel combos instead of traps/resets. Terra/Bartz holy glitch combos are dodge cancel combos as well. Almost every character has EX cancel combos (maybe everybody but I don't remember if, say, CoD has 'em), there are lot of links in the game as well.

And then there are stupid spacing/stage specific combos like Tidus wall slam combos off that ground tackle-to-kick move or Ultimecia-on-Pandemonium ceiling combos.

And everybody has to dodge cancel melee stuff anyways if you don't want to get EX bursted.

There's an Arcade Mode, and a Online option for Versus mode (no levels, just default balanced move sets per character), but you don't really get to mess with move-input settings very much.

That's a relief

they're actually incredibly easy for the most part, there aren't exactly a bunch of 1-frame anythings in Dissidia

Tidus, Cloud, Zidane, Golbez, Bartz, WoL, Garland, Firion, Onion Knight, Sephiroth... pretty much every melee character has dodge cancel combos except I guess Squall and Jecht but Jecht has his own combo system and Squall has a bunch of links and he'd be even more broken if he had real dodge cancel combos instead of traps/resets. Terra/Bartz holy glitch combos are dodge cancel combos as well. Almost every character has EX cancel combos (maybe everybody but I don't remember if, say, CoD has 'em), there are lot of links in the game as well.

And then there are stupid spacing/stage specific combos like Tidus wall slam combos off that ground tackle-to-kick move or Ultimecia-on-Pandemonium ceiling combos.

And everybody has to dodge cancel melee stuff anyways if you don't want to get EX bursted.

Huh. Guess I just suck at using a PSP for fighters (Then again, I also couldn't do a 236 on BB Mobile, so there's that >_>).

And last time I looked, most of the melee characters didn't have them listed. But it has been a very, very long time since I've looked at the Dissidia Forums.

Laguna from FFVIII confirmed to be playable character

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5339/k203sgg2.jpg

EDIT: Bigger scan if you want to read it: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1290191.jpg_fjCVkh9AOO4f7hGGpoNw/www.dotup.org1290191.jpg

Huh... looks like there's a free-roaming overworld map if I had to go by the screenshot on the bottom left.

Get ready for another dose of daddy issues story... And Laguna-Ragna crossover pictures. They're simply inevitable when you have two characters with the names written in the same way (ラグナ).

At least my Balphier can rest in peace, there is a worthy character to stand in his place.

LAME of all the FF8 characters to choose from, they pick Laguna.... Also it seems there might be an actual over world with map included

Laguna?? I rather have other character from VIII, but it's good to see some VIII love from S-E.

Now i can't wait to see if any other character from VI makes the cut.

Laguna vs Lightning footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2TPpD2EL8&feature=player_embedded#!

His fighting style doesn't really fit with me but I'll try him out and his Japanese voice makes me lol. I don't like it but I don't hate it either. It's kinda meh.

EDIT: Vaan vs Tifa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq8142ab3GY

Tifa's more my fighting style haha

I can't help but notice the jiggle on tifa's boobs...

.... I am using her.

EDIT: I also feel like using Vaan just to troll/annoy the hell out of the FFXII/Vaan haters.

Man fuck that "stagger contest" shit, such a worthless mechanic.

Vaan looks pretty fun, Tifa kind of dull. Laguna annoying as fuck in both gameplay and voice. Lighting... par for the course, didn't really see anything really interesting about her.

Lightning is an amazing character, she looks pretty fun in Dissidia too. Seems like she is pretty good at mixing melee and magic.

The stagger contest is kind of useless in most fights, since it's really easy to evade(Unless they are changing that). But, there's a few situations when it can come in handy(But not actually to try to land a hit)

Hmmm... Well, for some characters that was one of their most reliable ways of dealing HP damage. So, not using it and not getting used to it only hurts you in the end. :/ (Since you would probably not learn to time your dodges properly when a player that really needs to land these hits uses it.)

There were character differences during that ? They all looked the same and I didn't do much research I admit. Never really had a problem dodging the computer's at least, whatever the character, but maybe there's just something about it I didn't see then.

Timing on those versus other players is pretty tight because of the lag between the wireless connection. It essentially becomes a mind game in the sense that it turns itself into a 50/50 that resets itself in certain situations.

Also, Terra's bullshit with Holy chase into a holy hit brave attack during the chase gave her guaranteed damage. She could also time hits with brave so that directly after they dodge, the holy hits, you get sent back into the main game and Blizzard combo will combo into the holy, for more guaranteed damage and you knock them away in both instances. This was great for Terra. =/

laguna looks like he'll be able to keep massive pressure up on his opponents with all those homeing projectiles, can't wait to get my hands on him. now I get to shout 'frag out' while playing a fighting game...

Famitsu rumor mill says new characters will only be SNES on up (but don't necessarily include SNES) (10 max)...

Basically that rules out new characters for FF1, FF2, and FF3.

Near as I can tell...

FF4 (Kain), FF5 (?), FF6 (?)

FF7 (Tifa), FF8 (Laguna), FF9 (?)

FF10 (rumored to be Yuna?), FF11 (?), FF12(Vaan)

FF13 (Lightning)

I know what people have said, regarding FF production, but...I still hope for Noctis showing up as Lightning's nemesis.

ff5 faris seems o be a probable adition but also lenna so on this one im not sure

ff6 probably locke since he was more protagonist than terra for the most part of the game, if not all the game

ff9 vivi since his story was very relevant to the plot, if they want to give to the sexy element probably dagger

ff11 i can see a mithra being added

and for much that i would like noctis, i dont see him on this game since his game hsnt been released yet :/

FF5: They might give us a curveball with Krile.

FF6: My vote goes to Shadow+Interceptor...that's my hope. :)

FF9: Amaranth/Vivi/Eiko/Dagger/Steiner are all possible..Vivi's less likely due to his system being too similar to Shantotto's though I think. Steiner/Beatrix's movelists are way to similar to Cloud's I think.

FF10: Yuna+Dresspheres would be epic.

FF11: Hmm...Promathia?

I know people say that the game's not out yet, but Versus 13 has already had some production time...so they may have locked in his movelist by now. He could serve as a promotion character too, you never know.

I REALLY don't want Yuna for FFX. But that's only because I would rather have Auron more.

As for other characters, I don't mind what we get now. I got Kain, Lightning, Laguna (which I didn't know I even wanted til I got 'im)... I'm pretty much set.

Oh, and here's hoping that Emperor is just a fun in this game.