Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

If you really want to level them up again, I don't think you have to import your data so there ya go haha!

If you really want to level them up again, I don't think you have to import your data so there ya go haha!

lol that's the point, i'd rather breeze through story than level them up again. Just kinda sad i can't get both a challenging story AND my automatic high levels....

also i'm a perfectionist (read: masochist) so i'd like the accessory XD

Yea same for the accessory haha :D

Well maybe if Squeenix wants to they'll make story mode harder if you import data? I dunno if they can do that though, it's just a thought :]

It'll be challenging either way for me because I'm planning on playing Lightning, Tifa, Vaan, and Yuna right away. :v:

Yea same for the accessory haha :D

Well maybe if Squeenix wants to they'll make story mode harder if you import data? I dunno if they can do that though, it's just a thought :]

It'll be challenging either way for me because I'm planning on playing Lightning, Tifa, Vaan, and Yuna right away. :v:

same XD

at least with respect to tifa and lightning. I doubt they'll alter anything for those who import levels, as far as challenge go, i guess i can be happy enough if they made it so kuja can't beat chaos as braindead easy as in the first game.

I know right? Watch they'll just make everything harder on default and trick us all into thinking we were going into this easy haha. xD

So close yet so far to the Dissidia demo D: But more characters are on the way! Also...

Haters can hate on FFXIII but my body is ready for XIII-2

"Prior to the 3/3 release of Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, Square Enix has released Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Final Fantasy, a paid demo. This is available today on PSN at ¥300. Those who buy the paid demo will be able to use FFVII's Aerith as an assist character in the retail version of Duodecim. Square Enix also showed the latest trailer for Duodecim, confirming FFXI's Prishe as a character and giving some hints at other characters."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/18/square_enix_premier_live_blog/

EDIT: Seems like Gilgamesh from FFV will be in it as well

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/18/gilgamesh-joins-the-chaos-side-in-dissidia-012duodecim-final-fantasy/

Okay after an hour of playing the demo, here's what I've noticed

-The dash in "follow up attacks" are quicker, which is nice IMO

-New stages that weren't shown in the trailers such as the stage in FFIX where Zidane and his bros perform their plays

-Old characters get new attacks and some rebalancing? I think I've seen Cloud using a Brave version of his Cross Slash. Speaking of Cross Slash, I think it has longer range, but this needs further testing due to Cloud not being playable in the trailer and you can only play against him

-Not being able to use your EX attack due to EX Bursting is nice

-This may need some further testing but it looks like if you try to use your assist to Combo Break at all, it fails and you can't use assist for a while.

-Lightning looks like she has some nice shit. Straightforward character, quick Brave attacks, 2 zoning Brave attacks and one of them, the attack where her Gunblade shoots bullets, looks like it can be used as a nice Oki tool.

-Cloud still easy as hell to parry against, stay free lol.

DEEEMOOOOO WHEREEEERRRRRRRR!?!?

Also, where's this new Trailer with Gilgamesh AND Priche from FF11?

DEEEMOOOOO WHEREEEERRRRRRRR!?!?

It's available on the Asian/Japan PSN only for 300 yen. Once I get my PSN card from Japan I'm gonna get it ASAP lol.

My short opinions on the demo:

- Jecht is as great as ever, and his Jecht Beam is a really quick HP attack that he required before. No reason to do it in his combos, though.

- Tifa is a beast and one of the only characters I've lost to. Both her HP and Brave attacks are extremely hard to both dodge and block, pretty much the only way you can beat it is hit-and-run. Certainly looking forward to picking her to make my brawler roster more diverse.

- From the moves I could see in her assists and on Bartz, Yuna is flashy as hell, with summons going out of magic circles and covering the screen in fire and ice and stuff. I kinda wonder about the way her moves work with each other, though. A worthy addition from one of my favorite FFs.

- Some of the new moves and reworks of old characters are borderline hilarious. I had to pause the game when Kefka started moving during Missing Zero just to say "WTF SQUARE?".

- The assist system is nice and grows with your skill as you find more uses for it. I'm kinda sad that they had to nerf EX modes by making EX cores smaller and tweaking EX mode activation during hit stun. My Gabranth got more hatred to drive him.

Overall, the game is still both fun and rage-worthy if you play against an unfair PC. I can totally see myself spending another 300 hours on it. Looking forward for Priche, Gilgamesh and Yuna news.

and Aerith is gonna be a DLC "assist-only" character...? WAT?

Well, it's not like she has anything worthy of Cosmos warrior. Though it would be funny seeing Yuffie as an assist-only.

It's available on the Asian/Japan PSN only for 300 yen. Once I get my PSN card from Japan I'm gonna get it ASAP lol.

Paying for demos? :psyduck:

Paying for demos? :psyduck:

Well, it comes with a pre-release DLC, so why not?

Okay, not saying much about the Demo's inner workings yet (just getting my bearings here)

Tracklist is as Follows:

Cosmos

Dissidia Opening (seems slightly arranged from the original but I'm not sure)

(No BGM)

Battle 1 (FF1) (From Dissidia)

Dungeon (FF1) (From Dissidia)

Chaos Temple (FF1) (Thrash Metal Symphonic version)

Battle 1 (FF2) (From Dissidia)

Final Battle (FF2) (From Dissidia)

Pandemonium (FF2) (Purely symphonic, has an MGS feel to it)

Battle 1 (FF3) (Synth Metal Symphonic version, not bad, tempo is slower though)

Boss Battle (FF3) (From Dissidia)

Final Battle (FF3) (From Dissidia)

Battle 1 (FF4) (Piano and Military Snares and Strings, pretty good)

Boss Battle (FF4) (From Dissidia)

Battle the Four Fiends (FF4) (From Dissidia)

Battle 1 (FF5) (From Dissidia)

Battle on the Big Bridge (FF5) (From Dissidia)

Final Battle with NeoExdeath (FF5) (Wow, creepy drums and sound, I dig it!)

Battle 1 (FF6) (House Synth Symphonic Beat version, emphasis on strings, kinda iffy but not bad)

Boss Battle (FF6) (From Dissidia)

Terrible Fight (FF6) (From Dissidia)

Those Who Fight Further (FF7) (From Dissidia)

J-E-N-O-V-A (FF7) (Very Trance, man. \m/ )

One Winged Angel (FF7) (From Dissidia)

Don't Be Afraid (FF8) (From Dissidia)

Force Your Way (FF8) (Just as good as you've heard so far, nice organ)

The Extreme (FF8) (From Dissidia)

Battle 1 (FF9) (From Dissidia)

Battle 2 (FF9) (From Dissidia)

Final Battle (Necron) (FF9) (No big changes, has a nice trance funk beat going on, drums are good too)

Normal Battle (FF10) (From Dissidia)

Otherworld (FF10) (From Dissidia)

Duel of Aeons (FF10) (A tad different from the original but not by much).

Battle in the Dungeon #2 (FF11) (From Dissidia)

Boss Battle (FF12) (From Dissidia)

Esper Battle (FF12) (This one's good, actually)

Defiers of Fate (FF13) (This is kindof a remix of the original, has hints of Blinded by the Light in it)

Boss Battle (Saber's Edge?) (FF13) (This is the original from the game)

So far that's all we got from the Demo, so there may be more to unlock once the game is released.

Some cool stuff I noticed:

--Cloud's Slash prior to Finishing Touch has a vacuum to it, like a real tornado (from observing him).

--WoL's got a shield bash combo HP attack

--Sephiroth's got some kind of single multi-hit slash Brave Attack, it has zero range though, but it's fast.

--WoL's got an Alternate outfit that makes him LOOK like Fighter, right down to short bright red hair. WoL's attacks kinda got nerfed, in that the ones that you'd normally link HP attacks in to no longer have Chase property, but some brave attacks now do.

--I think you can use Assists to absorb an attack, not quite like a burst, but mashing out Assist in a jam made me discover this.

--Kain's Jump can be dodged, but the way it works is in three stages, depending on how long you charge (my impressions of them anyway).

Stage 1: Quick, fast homing, and probably most effective after a parry.

Stage 2: Wait till his feet start to glow, then he pretty much has a bit more range (slightly more recovery when he lands)

Stage 3: Widest Range and probably not the best for long range jumps as you can miss easily and get exposed to a hit once you land, but I guess it's the safest on startup and mid-air.

Lightning's Paradigms are okay, Com is about close range melee, Rav is about zoning but has some nice vacuum traps, and you can still use HP attacks during Med, but you gotta run around alot. I'm not sure if her Paradigms improve the Assist Gauge or anything else yet.

A.I. seems a bit more challenging now, they spam Brave projectiles to set you up for an HP attack if they have the means, Assists are done mid-combo by them, but don't always work, since I could tech after certain setups. Most annoying feature is the fact they notice the EX Cores faster than you do, usually, and end up getting full EX sooner.

Side mention: It looks like (not confirmed or anything) Gabranth's EX Charge is faster now...so he can go into EX Mode a lot sooner than anyone else by far margin (at least compared to everyone else in the demo). A lot less EX Force particles to gather this time too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Exdeath has vastly improved. He has a short window where he can fire his Delta Shield HP attack shortly after a teleport, not only that but he can chain his teleports as a combo. This is the first time I've seen Exdeath actually give me trouble. On top of that it was NEO EXDEATH OUTFIT (you can see his face! :) )

With the changes made to most of the cast, Bartz(or Butz if you prefer) has a ton of new skills to play with, one of which being Cecil's Paladin projectile HP attack.

Ultimecia has two kinds of Apocalypse, one that homes in on you (old one) and one that appears under you out of nowhere. Shockwave Pulsar has a vacuum pull to it now and won't detonate right away when it lands. She still has all her sword projectile shenanigans too, plus a spear move to give her space if she's being rushed down.

Golbez has some freaky lazer HP mixup attack that's hard to dodge.

There's more: certain assists cause launchers for chase (with X) and you can literally teleport in and contribute to the combo from anywhere, plus Assist works at nearly any range, no matter where the opponent is, useful for trap setters like Palamecia or Kefka or Zoners. Chase is a lot faster and harder to predict now, too, so if someone does fast brave attacks during chase, it's hard to pre-emptively dodge them, or you can fool people into getting hit with an HP attack (which are also surprisingly harder to react to).

Here's something crazy: I was testing out EX Revenge, and if the opponent hasn't used up their Assist Bar, they can let the Assist take the hit even though EX Revenge is active, high level stuff. Assists can take the hit even if it's an HP attack, so long as you dodge the hitbox of the oncoming HP attack after it starts, so Assist Break is like a mini-burst of sorts, Assist Gauge will generate after a long period when broken but I don't know what the factors are for restoring it.

That's it for now. More later.