Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

the first games cover art was cool but this is just orgasmic~<3

Really? I like it but I find it a bit cluttered, I'm surprised that Cloud and Tina/Terra (of all people) align themselves with Chaos, I'm not too shocked at Tidus since his hatred for his dad is so strong he'd join any side that allowed him to fight with him.

Noticeably absent are Pische and Gilgamesh, hmm I which side they're on, if they want to keep things even both need to join Chaos, it also makes the most sense since Shanotto and Pische are rivals and Gilgamesh just likes fighting the strong (oh and the whole talking to Bartz in the trailer)

The only thing that gripes me is the fact this is a prologue to the original Dissidia >.< but it's shaping up to be a good game, another month, another fighter :3

The only thing that gripes me is the fact this is a prologue to the original Dissidia >.<

Look at the very end of the Dissidia 1 opening. You see WoL laying flat on the ground. The Duodecim trailers show WoL coming back up from the ground. That alone had me believe that this is really a sequel, but I'm beginning to think that both intros just reveal that prequel.......which has nothing to do with why Tidus got shirtless. LOL

I'm surprised that Cloud and Tina/Terra (of all people) align themselves with Chaos

Well, they were working for the evil guys in their original games for some time, so it's no wonder they've decided to reference it here. Not to mention that we already know they were working for Chaos from the first Dissidia.

Noticeably absent are Pische and Gilgamesh

They're "Guest characters", like Shantotto and Gabranth were before. They don't play any important part in the story, yet get enough spotlight to talk with WoL or Bartz.

It was mentioned that Terra was on Chaos' Side prior to the first Dissidia if you recall (this is a nod to the Hypno Crown Kefka put on her in FF6). In FFX, Tidus wasn't concerned for Yuna so much as he was trying to find a way back home (he could care less about his dad)...he didn't find out the truth until near the end (about the Final Aeon and how Jecht became it for Braska, Yuna's Father).

So far, here's the representation as I see it.

FF1: Warrior Light/Garland/Desperado Chaos/Temple of Chaos Stage/World of FF1

FF2: Firioniel/Emperor/Pandemoneum Stage

FF3: Onion Knight/Cloud of Darkness/World of Darkness Stage/Crystal Tower Stage

FF4: Cecil Harvey/Kain Highwind/Golbez Harvey/Moon Surface Stage/Moon Core Stage

FF5: Bartz Klauser/Gilgamesh/Exdeath/Dimensional Rift Castle Stage

FF6: Terra Branford/Kefka Palazzo/Kefka's Tower Stage/Doomtrain Stage/Castle Figaro Stage??? (Seen in Trailers)

FF7: Cloud Strife/Tifa Lockheart/Aerith Gainsborough (DLC)/Sephiroth/Planet's Core Stage

FF8: Squall Leonhart/Laguna Loire/Ultimecia/Ultimecia's Castle Stage

FF9: Zidane Tribal/Kuja/Crystal World Stage/Tantalus Airship Faux Battle Stage

FF10: Tidus/Yuna/Jecht/Jecht's World Inside Sin Stage

FF11: Shantotto/Prische/???

FF12: Vaan/Gabranth/Bahamut Airship Stage

FF13: Lightning/??? (Blank Slot)/Orphan's Cradle Stage

Other: Cosmos' Throne Stage/Chaos' Throne Stage

That's all I've seen for now. I hope they've done much more since the demo. :)

Yea the cover does look a bit cluttered but other than that it still looks pretty awesome.

I'm not at all surprised that Cloud and Terra are on Chaos' side this time around since it was hinted at in Dissidia... at least for Terra it was hinted at haha. I wasn't paying too much attention in Cloud's story for some reason :v:

March... is an atomic bomb to my wallet... OTL

so if it's a prequel with new characters will we have to see all the new characters die now that we finally have them? ; - ;

That has been bothering me, since you unlock the original Dissida's story after beating Duodecim, are th new characters playable? They already stated that all gameplay changed would apply (like assist) so...

Also I must've ultra not paid attention to not notice Terra had worked for Chaos = w=

I saw it here: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/fb/Cloud_-_Yoshitaka_Amano_Costume.PNG This scene when Cloud is talking there's some kinda desert castle behind him.

Also, the only place Castle Pandemonium has that looks like what's in the trailer is the lowest level, so I doubt it. It looks more like the Lunar Core to me. (Then again Lunar Core, Lowest Level Pandemoneum, World of Darkness, etc etc all look alike D: )

I saw it here: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/fb/Cloud_-_Yoshitaka_Amano_Costume.PNG This scene when Cloud is talking there's some kinda desert castle behind him.

Also, the only place Castle Pandemonium has that looks like what's in the trailer is the lowest level, so I doubt it. It looks more like the Lunar Core to me. (Then again Lunar Core, Lowest Level Pandemoneum, World of Darkness, etc etc all look alike D: )

The stage where Cloud is talking is the Theater Ship from IX.

That's Prima Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvnL6wpGXj0

Compare:

http://img826.imageshack.us/i/pandemonium1.jpg/sr=1

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201000604/finalfantasy/images/4/4d/Dissidia012Hell%27sThrone.jpg

What sand? What distance, for that matter? He's standing in front of one of the stage doors in the FFIX ship. The blue is the door, and the brown/grey/whatever part is a stone wall. It's kind of a close-up shot, so the textures look a bit funny, but that's what it is.

The only thing I want from that are the DLC costumes for Squall and Tifa. Nothing big though EU has gotten a lot of sweet CEs lately. Though to be fair they do get most things later than us so it may be more incentive for their customers to just wait for them to release it instead of importing it from us.

Ooo how interesting, apparently there's another character in the roster we don't know about and they'll announce who it is or something right before Duodecim is released in Japan. I wonder who it'll be.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/21/dissidia_new_characters/

I read this yesterday put didn't post it since it's probably just Gilgamesh since he's the only character who hasn't been officially unveiled. :<

Oh true, whoops. I forgot he hasn't been officially announced yet :vbang: It couldn't hurt to dream even if it was for only an hour or two lol. (Though honestly, I don't know who else I want in it I'm not picky xD)

lol yeah a new character would be nice, I'm not too picky either, but there has only been 1 character I've REALLY wanted (that I'll never get) in this game.

Faris, the sexy reverse trap Pirate of 5 :kitty: If she mad it in the game would be perfect, right now it's only at 90% = w=

2dhy8sx.jpg

Don't hotlink pics, SxB, use the URL and paste it on Imageshack for a mirror, and just direct-link it. :O

Don't expect a Dissida 3...

Bullet points:

- Duodecim is the last in the Dissida series...at least in it's current form.

- There will NOT be a "Universal Tuning" re-release in Japan.

- Birth by Sleep still isn't seeing a digital release

- Apparently Nomura is working on an NGP (PSP2) project.

- Gilgamesh's seiyuu is Kazuya Nakai.

- Gilgamesh's seiyuu is Kazuya Nakai.

And he gets yet another role of a swordsman wielding an impossible number of sword. Only this time he has even more swords than Masamune. Why do I like that so much?

And I don't see any reason to not expect Dissidia 3. They just said that it's going to be different, and mentioned Kingdom Hearts as an example. If anything, they may just change the story.

More details about Gilgamesh and 3rd forms

Also apparently Duodecim's story clocks in around 15 hours.

And I don't see any reason to not expect Dissidia 3. They just said that it's going to be different, and mentioned Kingdom Hearts as an example. If anything, they may just change the story.

Well I said "in it's current form" and in the interview Nomura believes they've done all they could with the Battle system in it's current form and he'd like the team to work on different genres. Dissidia's story is the most convenient way to tell a game like this so I don't seem them deviating too far from something similar way to it. However with the open field areas and create a quest I wouldn't be surprised if Dissida 3 is a full blown RPG next time around.