Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

http://dissidiaforums.com/ If you want urgent info, I'll say it again. We've got a crapload of it. for all characters. Site's down for maintenance at the moment (or maybe it isn't) but it's easier than trying to copy and paste everything here (which is pretty much all I've been doing, just adding my own info on the side.

Gilgamesh's weapons:

Excalibur: Doubles Brave damage dealt

Excalipoor: All Brave damage dealt is reduced to 1

Naginata (Spear): No special effect other than increased range

Masamune: Increases the amount of EX... dust generated

Genji's Katana: Depletes enemy EX Guage

Zantetsuken: Has a chance of instantly breaking the opponent

Battle Axe: Damage dealt is random

Chicken Knife: The lower Gilgamesh's HP, the more Brave damage he does

Thanks for that, EX Dust = EX Force in-game terms. I'm guessing Genji's Katana is the brown sword with the huge hitbox slash effect.

Also some other stuff: EX Mode let's Gilgamesh swing a lot wider with his Brave Attacks, I don't know how big a change that is in small areas like Phantom Train, but it can still get blocked as far as I'm aware.

His Tornado HP Attack can block projectiles in some situations but he's vulnerable if you hit him from above, plus it doesn't have much horizontal range either.

His EX Revenge can essentially spam Tsubame Gaeshi over and over in a loop, so that's something worth knowing.

specifically looking for any new info on my kuja >o> first one to supply some will have my eternal love <3....and a cookie

It may sound surprising, but they actually buffed him, even though he already was one of the strongest characters. His new HP attacks, Falling Symphony, has decent start-up and cooldown, so you can safely spam it if the enemy happens to be directly below you. Holy Star got buffed, too, as Kuja can now move around while doing it (which means that he can move during any of his moves now). I think the star itself moves around, too, but I'm not sure about the exact way it does.

It may sound surprising, but they actually buffed him, even though he already was one of the strongest characters. His new HP attacks, Falling Symphony, has decent start-up and cooldown, so you can safely spam it if the enemy happens to be directly below you. Holy Star got buffed, too, as Kuja can now move around while doing it (which means that he can move during any of his moves now). I think the star itself moves around, too, but I'm not sure about the exact way it does.

hurray~ I always found it frustrating to constantly be moveing and then haveing to stop for Holy Star, so now I can keep in constant motion! -gives cookie- and falling symphony sounds like some sexy hell from above

People were asking about "Confessions of the Creator" well...near as I can tell it's basically "Inner Chaos" but now enemies wandering the map are Level 86+ (I *highly* suggest going through the Final Chapter a few times before trying this map).

Layout is similar, but now you have Warp Crystals in various "nostalgic" places throughout FF1 world, and nearby every warp point is a dungeon. Dungeon enemies aren't "too" bad, but for some reason the Dungeon's treasure is blocked off in order for some conditions to be met. There are various Moogles on the map, but they won't sell anything till you "acquire" a certain item. Also, unlike the story modes, the Party members standing in the dungeons are "no longer" your allies and in fact they are most likely Level 100s with super equipment. Beating them doesn't unlock the blocked off treasure, so you'll have to find another means. Still, for any daring souls, there's lots of treasure on the world map alone, provided you can avoid a Level 86 enemy or two.

Since you have a Party of your best characters (Hero or Villain), I wish you the best of luck, but I'm not even up to par yet, my equipment and Levels need improvement. If two of your party members die in battle, you can't resurrect them till you leave the dungeons or possibly use an item.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: About Level Suppression,

Suppressing your Levels doesn't take away your CP skillset, it only limits you on equipment, the way it works is, if you are below the Level required in a Dungeon, the game "adds" KP to your score in a negative value based on how many levels below the limit you are.

Let's say a particular dungeon requirement is 30. If your party's level is 46-50, you get penalized by how many times your characters exceeded Level 30 x 5 so possibly -100 KP penalty. If you suppress your levels to 1, each party member gets a KP bonus of 30, so you get +150 KP.

It's annoying but, you have to suppress each character's levels one person at a time and not all at once, also, if they are "naturally" below the requirement, they get a KP bonus, but if they level up past the requirement "within" the dungeon, they won't be penalized.

:gonk: I just realized, in some dungeons you just need to touch the Chaos Stigma to clear it, so you could probably abuse the KP system that way, just by suppressing your levels, entering, and leaving, lololol.

So Confessions of the Creator is the end all challenge huh? Sounds tough fun = w=

Level suppression sounds like the more risk you're willing to take the higher the reward :3

Uwa the 22 can't get here soon enough, I really hope Prologus makes it in tomorrow's update :(

Gave Prishe some more attention today. Holy hell, some of her moves are simply unfair. Backhand Blow deals ridiculous damage, has good homing, comes out almost instantly AND breaks guard. And you can do all that twice in a row. Asuran Fists is fast enough for an HP attack, deals tons of Brave damage and homes farther than you expect it. Her skillchains are not as useful as I expected them to be (they're basically just bonus damage, without any effects), but they do help narrowing down her Unlimited Customization Works.

I also noticed that equipment is pretty weird this time. I didn't spend much gil last time because I got all the equipment I needed from the story modes and the Coliseum, but I don't want to spend too much time searching for it right now, so I bought some weapons for Prishe. Suddenly, she breaks everyone like a twig in a single combo, even though the weapon she wields is made for level 1 chars. As I see it, the equipment is now divided into some kind of "level tiers", and the quality of the items differs greatly even when they belong to the same tier. Maybe that is the reason my Tifa deals no damage to the enemy of the same level 30 as her now.

About all I can say in response to the Prishe comment is, just because a move puts an enemy in guard stun if it's blocked doesn't mean they can't dodge cancel the stun. A.I. does it all the time on my Squall's Upper Blues (aka Squall's Bandit Revolver lol).

So, I got this yesterday... The game is awesome! Getting the US version when it comes out, too. It'll be awesome to set up some adhoc party matches on the PS3 if anybody is up to~ Maybe I'll start a new thread if there's enough serious people that want to play.

I wish Ad Hoc Party worked on PS3s connected to net via WiFi. :(

WiFi's all I got around here.

In other news: Confessions of the Creator is a LOT harder than Inner Chaos, I'm on ONE dungeon and I've already hit 8+ floors, if you can take out strong enemies on multiple floors without losing much HP and not making mistakes to open up the routes, well...you get stuff...I went in Penalized and I've managed to get 150+ KP without even bothering to nerf my levels.

Still no end in sight. :gonk:

Also, not sure what kinds of benefits you get for beating "character" pieces, but since they're pretty much uber strong anyway, best to take them out when they're on the floor...otherwise you CAN ignore them if they're not in your way.

About all I can say in response to the Prishe comment is, just because a move puts an enemy in guard stun if it's blocked doesn't mean they can't dodge cancel the stun. A.I. does it all the time on my Squall's Upper Blues (aka Squall's Bandit Revolver lol).

It's not guard stun, it actually breaks through guard, like HP attacks. The only way to counter it is to dodge in time (or be an AI player). That is, of course, if Prishe player knows the range of its homing and doesn't spam it like a trigger-happy monkey (which happens a bit too often with me).

Well, I learned a *few* more things about Confessions of the Creator:

1. The yellow "barrier" in certain dungeons that blocks your path to a treasure is there as a "Level Barrier" in other words you have to exceed the KP Level Limit in order to break the barrier, so in the smaller dungeons that have it, I recommend a Level 100 party just to smash through and get dem treasures! SCREW DA KP!

FUCK DA PO-LICE!

2. Certain "deeper dungeons" upon completion net you story fragments and more Reports to watch. Also since you rescued a Moogle, he'll follow you around to see things through.

3. Um...kinda an easter egg but, going through the Cutscene theater, Moogles will randomly appear in the preview picture...this does nothing to change the scene, however.

4. Fought Desperado Chaos...and...damn... Well, at least you don't have to fight him in three rounds like actual Chaos. Music and Scenery changed a bit upon beating him (still not unlocked yet though).

5. Character allies that appear in-dungeon to Assist you in battles can be optionally fought, but they are hard as hell, so decide wisely. Their equipment is some of the best though.

6. Red Treasure chests are Monster-in-a-Box...you never know what level enemy you'll get, but you get treasure afterwards at least.

7. Kindof an easter egg: If you beat the opponent with Gilgamesh's EX Mode without actually using EX Burst attack, (Square, then Circle to skip instead of Square again), you get to see Gilgamesh's win pose WITH the weapons!!

Speaking of Desperado Chaos, there is this hilarious exploit that I found on Youtube to beat him on extremely low levels. Most of the stuff is in the video description, so check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUmiiqUfniw

Now, if only I could find the required accessories... Honestly, it's much harder to search for stuff now, with Labyrinth not giving you any materials or even equipment. For the first time in Dissidia, I feel that I don't have enough money to buy stuff I want. Maybe because I had my last bonus day last Thursday, right when I got the game.

Aaand I've learned all of Prishe's attacks. It seems that I will max her before Tifa, whose damage is still way too low for some reason (and I can't fix that with equipment for the reasons I've listed above). I like that it's not hard to choose my favorite set of skills for her, I was afraid that she'll turn out to be another Vaan in that aspect. Here are my short opinions on her moves:

Banish, Holy - Prishe doesn't need any projectiles, as she has other means of closing the distance or shutting down some big HP attack on its startup. And even if she would've needed them, these are below mediocre and have nothing interesting about them. They obviously don't link to her other moves, too.

Combo - a cookie-cutter skill, supposedly generates a lot of EX-Force. I'm more of an Assist person with Prishe, so my build simply doesn't have enough space for this move. But if you like your regen and three-part combos, give it a try.

Howling Fist - my favorite ground skill, it goes through projectiles, deals great damage, and makes Prishe travel a great distance. Its animation is also both cute AND badass, so you have nothing to lose if you spam it. Linking it to Backhand Blow all day, every day.

Dragon Kick - while it doesn't give you any skillchains, it's good enough even without them. Its damage is better than average and its range is pretty good even without charging, so it's good to throw out and surprise your opponent here and there. I didn't try charging it, but it seems to increase both damage and range.

Shoulder Tackle - a move with a built-in dodge, obviously good for punishing short-ranged stuff. The hardest part is not forgetting that you have it and using it instead of a regular dodge whenever possible.

Backhand Blow - I'm not going to repeat myself, so I'll just say that I still consider it her best aerial skill. Still having troubles with spamming it too much.

Spinning Attack - use it if your opponent is higher than you. Duh. Nothing too special about this skill, but it gets its job done. It also has lots of skillchains, so you have a lot of space for customization here.

Raging Fists - an aerial version of Combo, basically. It may deal a bit more damage, so I'm still thinking about leaving it in my final build. Also, it has no references to Hokuto no Ken, which makes me sad.

One-Inch Punch - this one's pretty weird: if you charge it, it breaks guard and deals tons of damage, but that doesn't improve its range or AoE. I'm tinkering with charging it after linking to it from other attacks, but that will probably turn out as some kind of a mindgame.

Asuran Fists - not going to repeat myself here, either. Remember its range, and you will smash faces.

Nullifying Dropkick - because of its predictability and long startup, you should use this to punish mages for doing things outside of your reach (makes sense if you keep in mind the "Nullifying" part). Long range and high priority allow you to charge through anything those petty mages throw at you. I wouldn't count on it in a more close-ranged fight, though.

Aurora Uppercut - an ordinary aerial HP attack which is fast enough to link from Assist Chase. This is the main reason I've chosen an Assist route on Prishe. I'm not sure if it's a better anti-air option than Spinning Attack, but you can have both, so who cares?

Banishga - I just got this one, so I still don't have enough experience with it. Its range seems deceptively short, and it deals some minor Brave damage, too. It may also have the best downward tracking of all her aerial moves.

About her EX-Burst: I'm having lots of trouble pulling it off, but I've just learned that all you have to do is press the buttons clockwise after the first one (for example, O - X - [] - ^ - O). Gonna try that out later.

For those of you dedicated to your imports, picking up the 012 guide (RPG side) nets you new DLC in the form of music

I'm a little sad Square hasn't announced how we're getting most of this extra/cross-promotion DLC aside from pre-ordering at select retailers for Tifa/Cloud's 4th (which hopefully there are other ways that don't involved paying on PSN to get the one you missed)

As long as those exclusive DLC costumes that are only available by ordering the first print copies of BBS, 3rd Birthday, etc. in America via PSN, I'll be satisfied. No need to exclude others who aren't fortunate enough to have the money to purchase those games right? :)

My write-up on Desperado Chaos:

First of all, if you're aware of what all he can do, and that blocking really ISN'T an option, and you dodge stuff like crazy, he's not that hard to deal with...it's all about the stats. He's an SNK-boss to say the least.

That said, almost all of his Brave Attacks cost a TON of CP to equip, so you gotta pick wisely, once you learn stuff, he progresses. His ground pounce is probably his best rush, and not only that but one of his secondary claw air combos outdoes even normal Chao's normals!! Yep he's broken, lol. But on the flip-side his HP attacks follow certain rules.

You can equip up to THREE (3) HP attacks on his ground or aerial set and TWO (2) for his other ground or aerial set...in other words you are limited to FIVE (5) HP attack equips. Which makes sense considering how wide the hitboxes are. He has two Guard-based HP attacks, one which acts like a burst but has no range, and another that acts like a short-range shotgun. The rest is chargeable or projectiles...

And as with Justice, D.Chaos has a huge hitbox, so that makes moves easier to do on him...I can pwn him rather easily with Kain's Jumping antics. But never underestimate his ability to move quickly with quick rise or dive moves, he'll break you easily.

His EX Burst isn't entirely in his favor, though, you can actually get broken during your own Burst, so it's better to save it for EX Revenge or possibly just finish it up right away, otherwise you're just gambling away your Brave Points.

Other things:

His EX Mode model seems like it has some kind of error on his face, the eyes aren't visible at all (similar to the Garland Model error in the first game)

Desperado Chaos is PLAYABLE in "Confessions of the Creator" as the Party Leader...he can tromp around the map for lulz.

His roar = <3<3<3

In other news: I cannot find all the dungeons on the map...does anyone have a map location of all of them?! I'm missing cutscenes and stuff.

Better, actually. You can create custom rulesets to alter the Stage BRV, starting BRV, EX force and core appearance, wall rush damage, things like that. So basically you can create a ruleset where it's super easy to get 9999 BRV and full EX and thrash some level 100s in a matter of seconds, with anyone, against anyone. I leveled up 3 characters from 1 to 100 in about an hour, and that's not counting the time I spend fighting level 1s to farm for AP either.

Wow I didn't think it was possible but Ali Hillis sounds even MORE misplaced as Lightning in 012 than she did in XIII :psyduck: Which is sad because I love her other roles, specifically as Audrey in Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Karin in Naruto: Shippuden :kitty:

Wow I didn't think it was possible but Ali Hillis sounds even MORE misplaced as Lightning in 012 than she did in XIII :psyduck: Which is sad because I love her other roles, specifically as Audrey in Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Karin in Naruto: Shippuden :kitty:

Really? I think she sounds better actually lol :v: Sounds more confident.

EDIT: She sounds kinda weird in XIII because the director didn't really tell her who Lightning is as a character... she didn't even know Lightning was the lead xD

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think she's bad, you're right she's definitely more comfortable in her role and her performance is much better, however it just makes me feel like the two just aren't a great match up. Like Unknown said, she sounds off. It might be the dialogue (from my time with XIII I don't see Lightning saying half that stuff lol--"You're toast!", "Not your lucky day...") or the character model.

Should've been Mary Elizabeth McGlynn :P ...then again if I had my way every female role would be voiced by her (totally has a girl-crush on her + w+)

I dunno, the only FF dubs I ever appreciated were 12 and 8 and little bit with 7 but not much.

If Liam reprised his role as Kain (FF4DS) it can't be helped but, I still think the JP voice is much better. Liam will always be Lezard Valeth to me. :keke:

Also, Gabranth's JP voice will ALWAYS be manlier.

Kurushi wa yaiba wo wanga kinjite KISAKE!!

And as per usual, Squeenix may throw us yet another curveball with Duodecim Universal tuning, so I hold my breath for that (U.S. Context with JP Dub = awesome).

Squeenix may throw us yet another curveball with Duodecim Universal tuning

Nomura already said there isn't going to be a Universal Tuning for 012, stating the only reason Dissidia got one was due to the fact the US and JPN releases were spread widely apart and due to that gap many adjustments were made. But since all regions of 012 are releasing in the same month they're not going to make another version.