Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

If Liam reprised his role as Kain (FF4DS) it can't be helped but, I still think the JP voice is much better. Liam will always be Lezard Valeth to me. :keke:

lol he's more like Archer whenever I hear Kain.

To be honest, I already got used to all the voices. Hell, I didn't know OK's voice actor was freakin Littlefoot. :v:

I can see Gilgamesh's VA from XII coming back, but Prishe....:?:

Also, Gabranth's JP voice will ALWAYS be manlier.

Kurushi wa yaiba wo wanga kinjite KISAKE!!

I blame the fact that he's actually voiced by Basch in Dissidia. His original FFXII voice is one of the best voices I've ever heard in RPGs. That lisp, that small helmet echo, that HATRED THAT DRIVES ME...

Nomura already said there isn't going to be a Universal Tuning for 012, stating the only reason Dissidia got one was due to the fact the US and JPN releases were spread widely apart and due to that gap many adjustments were made. But since all regions of 012 are releasing in the same month they're not going to make another version.

Hence why I said "curveball" it could be on that new PSP2 or whatever if they think they can cash in on it.

Prologus arrives in NA next week on the 15...

It'll run you $2.99

2cdk61h.jpg

Props to PK for guessing the release time frame correctly = w= I almost feel like it's too late for this to be releases as I'll have God(s) Eater Burst to tie me over until 012 comes out (then it'll be a carefully juggling act between the two >.<). Hmm it doesn't mention if it'll be free or paid...

Double! English trailer.

This is sortof a mini (:psyduck:?) guide to Prische's combo equips and includes skillchains I found. Edit: That's all of them, the rest either end in Stage Crash or Chase An example would be something like 1-6: Combo>Spinning Attack, which can only be set up on the Ground Starter set skill equip.

----Skillchain Enders (just FX, no bonus damage):

Detonation (Ground Explosion)

Liquefaction (Air Lava)

Reverbation (Imploding Red Sphere)

Compression (Gravity Sphere)

Impaction (Gravity Hole)

Gravitation (Red Void)

Fusion (Yellow Supernova)

Transfixion (Slash Mark)

-------Ground Starters (1-4)

Combo (#1)

Howling Fist (#2)

Dragon Kick (#3)

Shoulder Tackle (#4)

-------Air Starters (5-8)

Backhand Blow (#5)

Spinning Attack (#6)

Raging Fists (#7)

One-Inch Punch (#8)

Possible Skillchain Combinations

-------

1-1

1-2

1-3

1-4

1-5 Detonation

1-6 Liquefaction

1-7

1-8

--

2-1

2-2

2-3

2-4 Reverbation

2-5 Detonation

2-6 Liquefaction

2-7

2-8 Compression

--

3-1

3-2

3-3

3-4

3-5

3-6

3-7

3-8

--

4-1 Impaction

4-2 Impaction

4-3

4-4 Impaction

4-5 Detonation

4-6 Impaction

4-7 Impaction

4-8

-------

5-1

5-2

5-3

5-4

5-5

5-6

5-7

5-8 Gravitation

--

6-1 Fusion

6-2 Fusion

6-3

6-4 Fusion

6-5 Detonation

6-6 Fusion

6-7 Fusion

6-8

--

7-1

7-2

7-3

7-4

7-5 Detonation

7-6 Liquefaction

7-7

7-8

--

8-1

8-2 Transfixion

8-3

8-4

8-5 Detonation

8-6

8-7

8-8

Just like with the JPN ver, buying Final Fantasy IV: Complete nets you Cecil's 4th form.

Could this mean buying the US 3rd Birthday do the same for getting Lightning's 4th? After all preordering from Gamestop gets you the Birth By Sleep Final Mix Cloud 4th (or Tifa's 4th at other retailers). I'll be getting both game either way, but yay extra incentive!

No SE no my wallet...

AND THERE'S A CON I'M GOING TO WITH FRIENDS THIS MONTH ;______;

I would probably shell out the money for 3rd b-day if it came with the Aya Brea costume for Lightning though OTL

Buying buying buying....just give up the DLC already, Squeenix. :(

But Square wants you're money :(

lol on the bright side at least 012, 4:Complete, and 3rd are all only $29.99 :o

I'm almost pissed I imported 3rd for nearly 3x that :\ ...Ah who am I kidding I was importing it either way = w=

I'm confident Square will release the DLC as paid content in the future, right now they're just trying to use cross promoting to it's maximum since they have so many consecutive releases. And at least you can get the Warrior of Light 4th no matter what :kitty:

AND THERE'S A CON I'M GOING TO WITH FRIENDS THIS MONTH ;______;

Yeah cons are expensive (at least for me, usually end up buying at LEAST $500 in stuff x.x that's why I've only been to 3 in my life :3)

Let's get some player matches up in here!

(Amazing) Prishe vs Lightning

Firion vs Cloud (Best of 3)

Cecil Mirror Match

Yuna vs Tifa

Squall vs Cloud

Laguna vs Lightning

Laguna vs Tifa

So who's gonna Ad-hoc on here? I know I will = w= Otherwise I'll only have 1 or 2 other people to play XD

Anyone on Ad-hoc looking for people to play, go to world D-1. That's where the entirety of the Dissidia Forums goes, so there's usually lots of people on at any given time.

I would if I had stable wireless internet when I go back to college lol.

EDIT: Forgot to put that those were awesome matches to watch.

Just a bit of advice for those of you who like collecting all there is to collect in this game:

If you want all the cutscenes, one of the dungeons in Confessions of the Creator has a Moogle scene in it, you'll have to touch him once with a Chaos Character, and again with Terra/Cosmos character to get both cutscenes collected.

LOL TOUCH THE MOOGLE TOUCH HIM!

Also, later into the areas, enemies are annoying as hell as they'll always summon Ultima and Omega on you, Omega being the worst if you're trying to beat them for more KP.

Also, certain Summons can only be found in the Labrynth and bought with the coins you earn there.

silly question for those who save replay data, since a lot of people had done this already. Is the replay data also a video file?

It's saved in its own format, but the game can convert it into .avi. I think there was an option for LQ and HQ conversion, as well.

Speaking of replays, I should upload some of my replays, too. Too bad that I have no one to play with yet (as all of my friends wait for English release), so the games may be a bit boring with AI opponents. There is also this incredibly curious Gabranth video I have lying around since the first game, but I want to learn some video editing before uploading it. I also need a certain TTGL episode to make it even more hilarious :psyduck:

A storm is coming....I bring you an hour's worth of 012 player matches = w=

Squall/Lightning (x5) vs Squall (x6)

Lightning(x4) vs Cloud/Bartz (x2)/Firion

Prishe/Lightning (x3) vs Jecht (x3)/Laguna

Man comebacks in Dissidia are so much more interesting than in most fighting games, and assist realy open this game up since you can really save yourself from alot of danger and set up attacks that would otherwise be impossible, and it's nice to have something to spend EX meter on besides an over the top attack. Can't wait till Tues to finally start on Prologus :3

Okay, job class info for Party Battle:

Standard Jobs:

FL - Freelancer: No effect

WR - Warrior: ATK+3

MO - Monk: Physical Damage x1.5

TF - Thief: Initial EX & Assist Gauge +50%

DK - Dark Knight: ATK+5, DEF-3

DG - Dragoon: Jump Boost, HP Drain 10%

WM - White Mage: BRV recovery x 2

BM - Black Mage: Magic Dmg x 1.5

SM - Summoner: Summon Usage x 2 in Battle

MM - Mime: Copy Opponent's Job Class + Advanced Job Bonus

Advanced Jobs:

KN - Knight: ATK+2 & DEF+2 (Warrior + White Mage Mastery)

SA - Samurai: Iai Strike effect (Warrior + Dragoon Mastery) - Iai Strike causes Break on First Attack

BR - Berserker: Initial BRV x 2 (Monk + Dark Knight Mastery)

MK - Mystic Knight: Low HP Bonus: DEF x 2, ATK x 2 (Black Mage + Dark Knight Mastery)

NJ - Ninja: Assist Gauge MAX, takes longer to reduce (Warrior + Monk + Thief Mastery)

SG - Sage: EX Gauge increase rate x 2 (White Mage + Black Mage + Summoner Mastery)

I don't know what is needed to "master" these jobs, but I guess if a certain character uses them for long enough he/she can use others in Party Battle.

Also, about Replays, the game has it's own initial format to save it as, but to convert it to .Avi or some other format you need so much space to save it on your PSP, so be sure to make some room. Depending on how long the video is may be a factor as well, since Dissidia battles don't have a time limit or rounds like other fighting games.

IMO Assists are like this game's version of Burst, but also, worth noting is that if you're caught being forced to Assist Break, you will warp "above" the opponent, and in some situations that's bad, for example, Cloud's Omnislash Ver. 5 has "homing" ability and he can jump higher after you after it starts up and break your guard easily. Also, when you warp "above" it seems to have some kind of weird ceiling breaking property...in other words, if you do Assist Break near the top of the ceiling, you appear to be just a little above the ceiling barrier, but you can still counterattack afterwards...this is actually an ideal situation for Kain to counter from with his Sky Drill.

I don't know what is needed to "master" these jobs, but I guess if a certain character uses them for long enough he/she can use others in Party Battle.

You need to have the job combination in the same party. Job mastery doesn't carry over, it only applies to the current party. Job mastery is attained by participating in battle, doesn't matter if you win or lose.

In other news, apparently Aerith is the worst Assist in the game :<

She's just terrible.

Holy is extremely easy to interrupt, Planet Protector' and Seal Evil's short durations are no better than a BRV attack that keeps the opponent busy for the same duration, and Cure is no better than a BRV attack that deals BRV damage to the opponent.

Shoulda just been an actual character anyways >.>

Cure: No less valid than Lightning's cure. Either you use it or you don't.

Seal Evil: Best for characters who have attacks with medium charge up time. Ultimecia, Tifa, Kefka, and other characters who have a certain level of voulnerability during their charge ups. In the time it takes for Aerith's "Seal Evil" to wear off, I could blast someone with Great Attractor point blank. I often have trouble with using it at long range, so I appreciate this.

Planet Protector: Great get-out-of-jail-free card for someone who doesn't want to expend hard-earned Ex-Bar just to avoid damage. Yes, you can always use ex-revenge, but some of us would prefer to keep out chance at changing the tide with exmode/burst.

Holy: No less valid than any other charge attack. Does this mean Starfall, Timestop, LostNumber, Heartless Angel, Black Materia, and others are worthless as well? Because those attacks take even longer to cast.

I was using Aerith and while she's not the best assist, there are ways of setting her up to be useful more often. There's an ability called Dash-Assist Boost that works in conjunction with ground and free dashing that builds your assist meter faster, and also there is an ability called "Assist Critical Up" and "EXP = Assist" and "Auto-Assist" as well. Assist Critical Up applies to her Cure I think, and works best with characters like Shantotto and Warrior of Light.

IMO Assists are like this game's version of Burst, but also, worth noting is that if you're caught being forced to Assist Break, you will warp "above" the opponent, and in some situations that's bad, for example, Cloud's Omnislash Ver. 5 has "homing" ability and he can jump higher after you after it starts up and break your guard easily.

You just need to remember the exact moment when the attack hits your HP, and escape right before that. I had so much problems escaping OK's HP links and Golbez's Sector Ray before figuring that out.