Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Square Enix is bringing back its ultimate crossover fighter for another round on PSP. This week's Weekly Shounen Jump confirms a Dissidia Final Fantasy sequel, which uses some expected unconventional Tetsuya Nomura naming: Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy.

The magazine shows playable Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and Kain from Final Fantasy IV. We couldn't see any further details beyond this.

The wait for more info shouldn't be long. In a Tweet earlier today, series director Tetsuya Nomura confirmed that one of his secret unannounced games would be playable at next week's Tokyo Game Show. It's likely that Dissidia is that very game.

Dissidia Duodecim is scheduled for Japanese PSP release in 2011.

source: IGN

SCAN: http://www.imagebam.com/image/0f351396810137

All I can say is Ramza better be in. =\

is this a fighting game?

lets just say that is something between a FG and an RPG

is this a fighting game?
First Dissidia game got a topic on Dustloop IRC and it got over 100 posts in it, so I figured it was appropriate for me to post news of the sequel here as well.

Nice, I really loved the first one, it was a lot of fun. Aaaand yep, it's a fighting game with a pretty decent scene built around it. (Hell, I think people in Austin were even having tournies with it. :x )

First game was a great, it's just that I felt that guarding was just too strong, especially if you have Riposte, yes you can equip Disable Riposte but have fun eating Critical Hits for when you get CH'd or Sneak Attacked. :vbang:

Well, well, well, it took them much less time than I expected to announce this. It seems that each game will now be represented by at least 3 characters, and I really hope that XII and Tactics are no exception. There is never enough Ivalice love, especially in the first Dissidia. Gabranth is all sorts of awesome, but he doesn't even have a stage, imagine how awesome it'd be.

Last news I heard, Lightning was a fabricated hoax, let's hope it's not true this time.

Wishlist:

FF1: Red Mage

FF2: Leonhart or Maria

FF3: Um........?

FF4: Kain's a gimmie, but maybe Edge.

FF5: Faris, plz. She's hawt.

FF6: Shadow + Interceptor PLZPLZEPLZ.

FF7: Tifa or Aerith. Or wait...no....VINCENT.

FF8: Seifer or maybe Irvine.

FF9: Vivi or Amarant maybe.

FF10: Auron.

FF10-2: Paine?

FF11: Cid maybe? Dunno.

FF12: Balthier. Just, Balthier.

FF13: Lighting.

FFVS13: Noctis PLZ.

As for anyone asking...it's a mix of being a action fighting game, with RPG elements, but those RPG elements can get taken out for balance purposes, depending on how you want to play, in other words you CAN level up and equip weapons+accessories and stuff, learn new attacks etc...but if you're playing a tournament, that stuff is sealed and you have default settings.

I dunno what they got planned for villains this time around though. D:

To anyone who doesn't know how Dissidia plays, here's an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HpwbZLfGQI

Wow cool I was always hoping for a sequel, I hope this one has Zack from 7 this time :D though i doubt it will..

Yes. Yes. YES.

Day 1 purchase. The only other character I absolutely want to see is Auron from FFX. Aside from that, any other characters are just a bonus to me.

But god. Played the living HELL out of the first Dissidia. Can't wait to see this one in motion.

I hope this one has Zack from 7 this time :D though i doubt it will..
Lol, just texture hack the game to give Cloud black hair! :yaaay:

Hoping for the following:

FF1: Red Mage

FF2: Maria

FF3: Xande?

FF4: Yang

FF5: Faris

FF6: Shadow

FF7: Vincent

FF8: Quistis

FF9: Beatrix or Amarant, though Vivi or Freya would work too

FF10: Auron

FF10-2: Paine

FF11: Dunno

FF12: Dunno, just don't be Balthier

FF13: Fang

FFVS13: Noctis (Do we know anyone else?)

Probably too much for a PSP sequel, but I'd really like to see something like this:

FFI - Warrior of Light, Garland, Red Mage, Chronodia

FFII - Frioniel, The Emperor, Leonheart, Deumion

FFIII - Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness, Doga, Xande

FFIV - Cecil Harvey, Golbeza, Cain Highwind, Zemus

FFV - Butz Klauser, Exdeath, Faris Scherwiz, Gilgamesh

FFVI - Tina Branford, Cefca Palazzo, Lock Cole, Leo Cristophe

FFVII - Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Zack Fair, Genesis

FFVIII - Squall Leonheart, Ultimecia, Laguna Loire, Seifer Almasy

FFIX - Zidane Tribal, Kuja, Adelbert Steiner, Beatrix

FFX - Tidus, Jecht, Yuna, Seymour Guado

FFXI - Shantotto, Selh'teus, Kam'lanaut, Eald'narche

FFXII - Judge Gabranth, Balthier, Ashelia Dalmasca, Vayne Solidor

FFXIII - Lightning, Noctis Lucis Caelum

Chronodia and Deumion are superbosses from the 20th Anniversary editions of FFI and FFII, since the games don't really have many other interesting villains... Chronodia would fit really well as a Dissidia villain, though.

Xande is the obvious choice for FFIII, but I'm not sure what his EX Mode could be. Not sure about Doga, but there aren't many options for FFIII.

Cain and Zemus are obvious choices for FFIV, though the Creator from The After Years would also be a really interesting boss.

Gilgamesh and Faris seem pretty obvious for FFV.

Celes might be a better option overall for FFVI, but people always want to play as Leo.

Zack and Genesis for FFVII, but really only because Vincent and Hojo doesn't work as well, what with Hojo not being much of a fighter and all. Aerith and Jenova could possibly work, though Jenova is devoid of personality.

Laguna would be interesting plot-wise, but Rinoa might be a better option.

Steiner because Vivi would be too much like Shantotto, and Beatrix because she's better than the other options and more female characters is a good thing.

Yuna and Seymour seem like obvious choices.

Some cool Final Fantasy XI characters. They each have good options for EX Modes, too.

Balthier is awesome, Basche is another options though. Ashe because another female would be good.

Lightning and Noctis, again seems pretty obvious to me, though Noct may be out of the question. If so, a villain from FFXIII.

Bonus round: Ramza and Delita for Final Fantasy Tactics.

Okay, time to hop on the bandwagon with a character wishlist. Unlike Suzaku's this won't follow a hero has to have villain format... also, forgive some of my choices, I haven't played every FF.

FF4- Kain

FF5- Gilgamesh (You know you want to)

FF6- (I have not played. Thus, to avoid some backlash, I'm leaving this to those who know it)

FF7- Tifa (We need a fist-fighter besides Jecht)

FF8- Sleifer (As it should've been in the first place!)

FF9- I dunno. Never got that far... But I'm sure Vivi could play at least a bit differently than Shantoto

FF10- Auron. (Yuna is cool and all but... Auron is BADASS)

FF12- Balthier (Because he was the only one I really liked)

FF13- Add Sazh if possible... but it's not likely.

FF14- GENERIC HERO! But... yeah, FF14 isn't gonna get a rep I bet.

Pipedream KH: Lingering Sentiment (This is never happening. But it's the most badass KH character ever and if they HAD to put a KH character in...)

I remember reading on the FFXIII board on gamefaqs that there was some pics of lightning being in the next one.

lemme try and find it

EDIT: About 5 posts later I saw that it was fake. Didn't fully read that thread :B

Playable Ultros and Sabin (motha****er suplexed a train!) plz. Why has this not been mentioned yet?

Oh well, a guy can dream....