Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Nobody commented on the characters' third costumes yet? I'll do the honors I suppose. This all comes from ripped data from the demo version of the game (this is made pretty obvious from the pictures >.>)

Warrior of Light: Red Fighter (sprite from FF1)

Garland: 'Shadow in the Clouds' (From an Amano piece)

Firion: Alternate Amano outfit

Emperor: From his appearance in the FF2 PSP opening

Kain: 'Hooded Man' (From After Years)

Bartz: From his sprite (I'm far too lazy to remember what this is)

Exdeath: Neo Exdeath (From the huge clump of demon stuff you actually fight in FFV)

Tifa: Cowgirl (From Last Order/Crisis Core)

Laguna: From the ending (I think?)

Zidane: Knight of Pluto (From FFIX)

Kuja: Degraded (From FFIX)

Yuna: Wedding Dress (From FFX)

Shantotto: Not sure what this is.

Vaan: Collared shirt (From FFTA2)

Lightning: Not sure what this is (From this, whatever it is)

EDIT: I realized Chaoticcosmos beat me to it (moreover I posted THEIR info without knowing it), but my sloth prevents me from deleting all my (read:other people's) hard work. Consider it listed here for easy access, I guess.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Exdeath has vastly improved. He has a short window where he can fire his Delta Shield HP attack shortly after a teleport, not only that but he can chain his teleports as a combo. This is the first time I've seen Exdeath actually give me trouble. On top of that it was NEO EXDEATH OUTFIT (you can see his face! :) )

With the changes made to most of the cast, Bartz(or Butz if you prefer) has a ton of new skills to play with, one of which being Cecil's Paladin projectile HP attack.

But he always had it...

And I'm not sure why Exdeath is considered UP. He always seemed like one of the most powerful characters if your timing is right, simply because some characters don't even have an attack that can break through Omni Guard. Maybe it's just that no one bothers to learn his timing.

Exdeath has the potential to be broken tier, but he never places well in tournaments, and so far nobody's bothered to get that good with him. It's all in the timing and prediction.

I'm just saying he has more options now and his A.I. in particular is a lot smarter. Omni-guard is just a branch of this big tree.

Exdeath has the potential to be broken tier, but he never places well in tournaments, and so far nobody's bothered to get that good with him. It's all in the timing and prediction.

more like the potential to whiff omni guard and get insta-gibbed by like every good character

More stuff after having beaten 30 level 50-60 baddies (in a row...without leveling up ;_; ) :

I need to confirm this, but it seems Jecht can delay charge some of his brave attacks for critical hit startup. Knowing when the combo is gonna come is a lot harder now. He has some kind of aerial sphere blast HP attack to look out for now (huge hitbox, like Emperor's Flare).

A.I. still falls for WoL's Light Shield HP Attack spam (bouncing off my shield a lot), but Jecht has on occasion somehow airdashed around the shield and hit me. Combos+Orphan's Cradle+Smashing into Abyss warp points = low brave. D:

Ultimecia has a wierd new positional pire thingie...when she forms it it takes the position of a physical object in space and you get "poked" and lose brave points whenever you fall on it or go near it...it's kindof like setting up a Spike Pit somewhere and using her swords to make you run into it by mistake...it's kinda interesting.

Like I said before, about Exdeath, he can warp-hit twice in succession and link to either his Tornado or an HP Attack, and sometimes he does all three, or if you attack where he's going to warp, he'll use Omni-Guard instead.

Advanced Stuff: I'm learning how to use Assist Break so that, if I get hit, I use Assist Break right away so my Assist takes the hit, then counter with my own combo while the opponent is still in their attack frames from the last attack, this basically makes Omni-Slash Ver. 5 almost useless if you got Assist meter.

As for using Assist Attacks, Assist Brave Attacks cost one Bar, Assist HP Attacks cost two Bars, and in higher levels, A.I. will eat right through your Assists, just warning you.

So far I've only seen Laguna/Yuna as Assists in this Demo, so no idea what they'll do otherwise. Bartz has one of Laguna's lazer slice attacks in his arsenal though.

I need to confirm this, but it seems Jecht can delay charge some of his brave attacks for critical hit startup. Knowing when the combo is gonna come is a lot harder now. He has some kind of aerial sphere blast HP attack to look out for now (huge hitbox, like Emperor's Flare).

Jecht could always charge his attacks for more hits and increased damage (in fact, the only attack he couldn't charge is Jecht Block). It's just that it took you so much time that it was never worth it. But now the charge time is much shorter (and the length of Jecht's initial dash is better, I think), so you can mix up regular and charged combos to confuse your opponent. Oh, and don't forget that charged Brave attacks break guard, so that's one way less out of his mix-up.

That laser attack is Jecht Beam, and its range is not as great as you may think. If anything, I'd compare it with Zidane's Free Energy: he also has lots of Brave-to-HP links and also needed a quick HP attack before. But in Jecht's case, it's useless in his combos (not dealing any Brave damage at all), so the only time you will use it is when you must break opponent's guard, but don't have enough time to charge your Brave combo... which doesn't happen that often. Or you may just surprise your opponent who didn't know about Jecht's new-found instant damage.

Trying out Lightning some more today, here's some neat stuff:

COM:

Not much to say, except that it feels like this Paradigm was built specifically for assists in combos, decent range with the Blazefire Saber in the air, though. Ruinaga packs a decent hitstun wallop though, despite being slow to fire.

RAV:

Wow, so many good combo setups, the arsenal they give you is actually on par with The Emperor, Shantotto, or Terra. Waterga acts like a homing shield (if it's reflected back at you, be sure to reflect it with block again), and it bounces back any spells thrown your way (except HP attacks of course). Mixing Waterga with Blizzaga or Aeroga seemed to build up my Assist Gauge really fast, and using WoL assists in conjunction with the spells broke many enemies rather easily. Also not sure but it looks like Blizzaga has vacuum properties (like Exdeath's Void Gravity thingie).

MED:

Still tinkering with this, but you really need to get used to the new stage terrain in places to find a good spot to restore your BP or boost it. The A.I. isn't that smart, but guys like Sephiroth or Emperor can be a pain if they break out Meteor or Starfall. I suppose because of how little BP she gets with COM, it's a needed help but...RAV really works better in this case. She can still use HP attacks as Med too.

HP Attacks:

Again, pretty straight forward, her Aerial rush move isn't very safe though.

EX Burst:

Still haven't figured out how to do the full combo yet, random commands show up and screw me up. Is that Analog Stick+Circle?

"Prishe:

Concept: Combo Maker

Description: Freely combines/combos her attacks, can link these with her original 'super moves'.

Gilgamesh:

Concept: Scramble Fighter

Description: Pick a suitable weapon to attack; even Gilgamesh can't predict the power."

From the Dissidia Forums...

Gil sounds like Faust...

Here's hoping that PlayStation Network has the game available for download. As a PSP Go owner I really would hate to get screwed out of this one like they did with Peace Walker.

Here's hoping that PlayStation Network has the game available for download. As a PSP Go owner I really would hate to get screwed out of this one like they did with Peace Walker.

I think they're doing a digital download as well considering Japan is getting it on their PSN store, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for the US PSN store.

I think they're doing a digital download as well considering Japan is getting it on their PSN store, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for the US PSN store.

True, and it's Dissidia, so hopefully they'll be thinking big sales figures and make sure it gets released across the map. They'd be fools to not offer a digital release as well.

"Prishe:

Concept: Combo Maker

Description: Freely combines/combos her attacks, can link these with her original 'super moves'.

Gilgamesh:

Concept: Scramble Fighter

Description: Pick a suitable weapon to attack; even Gilgamesh can't predict the power."

From the Dissidia Forums...

Gil sounds like Faust...

Hum, I'm fine with Gil being the Shrodinger-Fu fighter of the game, Kefka is not as random as I wanted him to be, though still fun.

Prishe doesn't sound that original, maybe because I'm used to combos in my fighting games. Well, as long as she's similar to Jecht, it's all good.

Hum, I'm fine with Gil being the Shrodinger-Fu fighter of the game, Kefka is not as random as I wanted him to be, though still fun.

Prishe doesn't sound that original, maybe because I'm used to combos in my fighting games. Well, as long as she's similar to Jecht, it's all good.

Speaking of Jecht, how do you time his combos right?

Speaking of Jecht, how do you time his combos right?

Practice, mostly. I know in the first game after any one of his brave attacks there is a point where you will see a little red flash come off him. You need to hit it at that exact time.

Practice, mostly. I know in the first game after any one of his brave attacks there is a point where you will see a little red flash come off him. You need to hit it at that exact time.

He still has that flash, yeah. But I'm not even paying attention to it, and the way I've learned his combos is by sheer practice (and I still have problems with his ground combo into Ultimate Jecht Shot). Basically, you need to press the button once right after the last hit of the combo link. So, if you're doing it in the air, you press O after the second kick, then after the last drill hit (fourth one if you don't charge it, I think), then you may press Square right after the sword combo, but before Jecht deals his Brave finishing blow. It's much easier when you have the rhythm in your head: it's something like O, half a second, O, a full second, O, another second, Square.

The problem with Jecht is, the timing of the first hit is somewhere between an FRC and mashing...at least for me. Once I get the first hit to combo, the rest will either end in a Brave Chase or a lucky HP attack ender.

I still miss Jecht Block's hitbox from JP Dissidia, backhanding people into mooncraters was fun.

In the original FFV, Gilgamesh had something like 12 weapons at his disposal, rotating through them over time. I don't know if he'll switch off between tossing weapons or do something like Bartz is doing, but I'm looking forward to it. Afterall, my username IS "Mimeblade". :)

Also hoping Enkidu (Gil's partner) and Yojimbo make an appearance.

Maybe Gilgamesh will turn out like Zappa/Platinum in which each weapon at his disposal will have own unique situation and usefulness.