Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Maybe Gilgamesh will turn out like Zappa/Platinum in which each weapon at his disposal will have own unique situation and usefulness.

Except we already have that with Vaan.

Except we already have that with Vaan.

Characters sharing roles in Dissidia is nothing new, we already have mages, swordsmen, brawlers, sharpshooters, and many others.

Reposting some stuff:

http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/320363.html

http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/320562.html

Apparently, Chaos is now playable, and Gilgamesh is a blue mage.

i'm hopeing cosmos will be a boss, else it's hard to imagine one of the rest of the cast being the last boss for all the chaos warriors (WoL? or their counterparts?)

I didn't see any mention of Gilgamesh using Blue Magic but...here's hoping he doesn't have Mighty Guard (Haste+Shell+Protect).

But if you wanna get technical, Sephiroth uses Shadow Flare, which IS Blue Magic (aka Enemy Skill Materia).

lol that would be funny if Gilgamesh had to get HIT by Sephiroth's Shadow Flare just to learn the skill.

Apparently, Chaos is now playable, and Gilgamesh is a blue mage.

Been wanting that ever since I first fought him, hope he's toned down enough to be legit.

guess gilgamesh takeing the blue mage spot shuns out quina for a spot...and I wanted to cook people alive...

Again, having one blue mage doesn't mean that we'll never get more. Have more faith in their character designers.

I didn't see any mention of Gilgamesh using Blue Magic but...here's hoping he doesn't have Mighty Guard (Haste+Shell+Protect).

Someone hacked the demo and found his moveset.

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?7200-Kraid-s-Hex-Findings-number-2-Movesets/page4

Gilgamesh

Cross Slash

Sickle Wind

Swallow's Return

Twin Sword Deep

Wind Slash/Cutter (aerial/ground)

Electric Shock

Death Claw

Jump

Rocket Punch

Sword dance

Hurricane

Gilgamesh EX Burst [The Greatest Blade]

EX Effect [Eight Closed Sacred Sword Paths] (very rough translation)

He picks one of his 8 swords to use during EX mode each with own abilities

Excalibur

All damage is multiplied by 2

Excalipoor

All damage dealt is reduced to 1

Naginata (A type of Spear I believe)

Equip's a spear with incredible reach/range

Masamune

Generates a lot of EX Force

Genji's Katana

Depletes opponents EX Gauge

Zantetsu Sword

Quick Draw style of attack that can instantly cause Brave Break

Battle Axe (awesome)

A weapon with a wide range of damage, if lucky can hit for massive damage.

Chicken Knife(rofl)

Lower HP higher damage will be dealt (by user)

Just posting a few things I've learned while playing (and using cwcheat :sweatdrop:) with this demo:

I've been using EX Revenge a lot, to get more familiar with the system. To give you an idea how it works.

Once EX Revenge is activated you have something like 10 seconds to do anything. The interval will end the moment an HP Attack is triggered...BUT...you can optimize it by doing up to two Brave Attack combos followed by an HP Attack to really stack on the damage.

For example, Cloud can do Slash Blow > (wall hit) Slash Blow > (wall hit) Slash Blow (interval ends) Omnislash Ver. 5 all in a single EX Revenge interval as a combo, this is with the aid of walls, plus the interval ended mid-combo, but it was still finishable since the enemy was in hit-stun.

There's more: EX Revenge changes the properties of most Brave attacks, so it completely ignores moves with huge recovery (except HP attacks) and chase properties, allowing you to link chase moves together with other moves for some really stylish combos.

Here's a really neat one I invented with Kain (triggered with Mid-Air EX Revenge):

Celestial Shooter (first two hits of the combo where he moves upwards with his spear Up+Circle move)...Forward+Dodge-Cancel...Sky Grinder (Down+Square).

At the height of the top of a stage, this can grind the opponent almost all the way down, giving you tons of Critical BP in the process.

There's others. Lightning's Blaze Rush (COM) can combo into itself up to three times almost anywhere on screen during EX Revenge, and even better, Army of One (RAV) can combo into itself twice if you time it right, since EX Revenge ignores chase properties.

Also, I'm trying to confirm this, but it seems that using a Level 2 Assist (L1+Square) when being attacked may not necessarily give you an Assist Break, only reduce your Assist to 0. Also it seems that Assist Break can be triggered if the opponent manages to block your Assist's Brave Attack in time, not necessarily attack.

Worth noting that some assists really do help with complicated HP attacks, such as Cecil's Air Brave combo that leads to knockdown, giving Kain a free Jump HP Attack. Tifa's Chase Launcher Assist can give Cloud a free Omnislash Ver. 5 if you press X to follow up her chase as well, Assists can serve as a good distraction for an opponent if you're trying to get a clean hit in too, or if they run away too much, you can simply use Assist HP Attack to get the job done for you, even though it's risky.

Hope someone can put this info to use. :keke:

I didn't, but I am quite hyped for Prish, as brawler characters play great in Dissidia.

She's also voiced by Hirano Aya. While I don't think I can be considered her fan, I am pleased by the fact that FFXI is represented by her and Megumi Hayashibara.

I played XI....for about 3 months :P I'm just not good with MMOs cause I kinda have gaming ADD = w= I never even met Prish in the game XD and only know of Shanotto because I had a friend who basically beat everything up the the 3rd expansion.

Me and Hirano has some odd friction right now, she's a good seiyuu no doubt, but she's such an attention whore if you follow their lives, I can't even go a whole day without seeing her name in the news <.< But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped for her x.x

Prishe intrigues me since she's a "combo maker." Gonna have to try her out now too haha.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/08/dissidia_prishe/

Havent played XI but that alone makes me want to try her out lol.

And she's being voiced by Aya Hirano? All the more reason to make an undub once the game hits the states/UK. :yaaay:

US Release Date: 3/22/2011
With the money I'm going to be spending on Valentines Day, and this game being released near or on the same day as Dynasty Warriors 7, I know one thing is certain. I'm gonna be hella broke these upcoming days. :vbang: