Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

on his little ball antennae o3o

Mmm... sounds sexy.

Whoa, you guys are so pervy!!! Talking about touching your....Mogs.....in public! I'm disgusted quite frankly = w=

You know you like it :kitty:

You just need to remember the exact moment when the attack hits your HP, and escape right before that. I had so much problems escaping OK's HP links and Golbez's Sector Ray before figuring that out.

Sorry if this seems obvious but I just wanted some clarification. So this means you can't use assists at all after you get hit by (anyone's) HP attacks? Like Blade said it was like BB's burst but in BB you can burst either before or during the attack so I just wanted to make sure I understood what you said correctly.

My

Mog's

bigger than yours. :kitty:

Just pre-ordered my copy of 012 and The 3rd Birthday, can't wait! :yaaay:

Sorry if this seems obvious but I just wanted some clarification. So this means you can't use assists at all after you get hit by (anyone's) HP attacks? Like Blade said it was like BB's burst but in BB you can burst either before or during the attack so I just wanted to make sure I understood what you said correctly.

Well, you can "burst" at any point of hit stun (and even guard stagger, when the attacks clash, for example). It's just that HP damage is dealt instantly, and there's no point "bursting" after it's dealt (unless, of course, the enemy has an Assist gauge to continue the combo). So, because some HP attacks aim at you even after you "burst" out of the Brave damage part, the safest bet is to "burst" right before the HP damage.

Depending on what attack it is, there's a number of things you can do.

Onion Knight's Flare and Sword Rain are hard to escape due to how they home in you. The trick is to wait out the Brave drain, then use Assist Break before the final hit of the combo so that you don't take any HP damage (since Break can always recover).

Also, be careful about "bursting" out of stun and wasting Assist Break, as if you get hit into a wall from something, the game still registers the Assist as taking the hit, when in reality you both took a hit and you'll be worse off. Certain characters like Cloud, Sephiroth, and Desperado Chaos can punish you off walls and floor crashes with assists and other stuff. For example, Cloud can use Tifa as a relauncher for a ton of his basic combos. If you have a wider aerial evasion ability equipped, it'll get you out of trouble.

Climhazzard > Crash > Tifa Relaunch > X Warp > Omnislash Ver.5/Other

Omnislash Ver. 5 > Crash > Tifa Relaunch > X Warp > Omnislash Vers.5/Other

Also Kain is unique in that he has a sequences of Aerial combos that only he can do (many of them are distance-dependant so if you knock them too far away your dash can't reach to finish the combo).

Piercing Lance > Triangle Dash > Celestial Shooter > Triangle Dash (setup for Rising Drive) <- Awesome for tall stages

Piercing Lance > Triangle Dash > Thrust Rush > Triangle Dash (setup for Sky Rave/Dragon Fang) <- best in narrow passages

Crash Dive > (send them forwards) Triangle Dash > Thrust Rush > Triangle Dash (setup for Sky Rave/Dragon Fang) <- hard to do but best in narrow spaces

Crash Dive > (send them upwards) Traiangle Dash > Celestial Shooter > > Triangle Dash (setup for Rising Drive) <- hard to do but best in narrow/tall spaces

So how do I change my assist character, or play solo if I want to?

/scrub question

So how do I change my assist character, or play solo if I want to?

/scrub question

Assist is just above the Level Slider option in your equip menu. Every character has preset assist controls and HP attack assists that you can't exactly modify except to use them for what they're for. The assist that comes out is highly dependant on the position of the enemy, if they are on the ground or in the air. You can essentially go without equipping an Assist, but I'm not sure which rules ban Assist, I have yet to mess with the rules settings in their entirety. Otherwise default A.I. will always have an assist.

Also worth noting, in Dungeons you will only get Assists from the character on the map, in Confessions of the Creator, if you attack and defeat your assist character, you'll no longer have an Assist to use.

Yep, it's gonna be hard to juggle this and God Eater = w=

Also why the F are 95% of the awards for accomplishments Chocobo cologne...? :\

Chocobo Cologne = Level Up in the store when you get the full game.

Edit: Well, almost free...it costs gil since it IS a trade accessory.

Chocobo Cologne = Level Up in the store when you get the full game.

Edit: Well, almost free...it costs gil since it IS a trade accessory.

Oh well I guess that's cool (haven't touched Dissidia in FOREVER and man it feels complicated lol--or maybe it's just Lightning and the stupid Paradigm Shift system)

Feels like cheating though :3

You're not the only one lol. I kept forgetting what to do so half the time Lightning just sorta dashed around, but now I got it.

On a side note: Game trolling me so hard. Playing my fourth time through the long 30 arcade battle and have yet to see Tifa :vbang:

Yes I'm sad like that

Unfortunately the demo I bought is not working for me due to certain reasons *cough*

cfw is Prometheus-4 but it won't work for some reason

Apparently I'm the only one who bought Prologus and already got the hang of Lightning. Maybe I've watched too many videos...:v:

Funny bit: Squall was driving that Revolver Drive like a fucking car. LOL

and

Lightning: Who died and made YOU Primarch?

After about four hours playtime I think I have her down somewhat now lol. Can't wait till the full game so I can customize her moves. I also saw Tifa... three times in a row :kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDBTndwLgUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24o9NbxTvGU

While these are only solo combos in 012, looks like kouryu15 is going to be the guy I'm going for any Dissidia reference again.

Huh, interesting, while you can't Dodge Cancel Cloud's Climhazzard anymore, the attack puts your opponent in hitstun long enough for you to chain another attack. And lol at Cloud's Fire stuffing Sephiroth's "Demon Fangs." :lol:

THUUNDAAGAA!

Yes this deserved a double post if that's what you're wondering. :lol:

THUUNDAAGAA!

Yes this deserved a double post if that's what you're wondering. :lol:

One time I thought I heard her saying FUN-DAA-GAA (thanks to someone from GameFAQs) and did a double take lol

Hate to ask but I want to experiment...did anyone get JP DLC with Cloud or Squall? I wanna check out the files for something.

Someone actually has the moogle models and is playing with making PSP-sized wallpapers with various characters in them.

Also, I'm 100% Done with U.S. Prologus. :)

Actually managed to unlock Cloud with Kefka due to random spammage, lol

I think the odds of fighting Tifa have something to do with how fast you beat enemies and the amount of damage you do per HP attack.