Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Vincent or Barret would be the best choices from 7 (hero side anyway)

Sabin or Celes for 6

maybe one of the four elemental lords for 4 and Kain should be a given

Faris and Gilgamesh for 5

Irvine or Quistis for 8

Yuna and Seymour are a given

Beatrix and Steiner are a given

FUCK YES, Vivi and Blue mage, Im so glad I kept my PSP now.

I just read somewhere that its actually just a Fan picture.

: ( hype levels going down.

Pretty much. Would be awesome if they add non-mainstream characters of the franchise. Seeing the same old staple protagonist is kinda boorish if you ask me.

Leaked image that reveals potential Dissidia Duodecim characters?

http://www.pictureshack.net/images/4303original.jpg

FUCK YEAH! RAMZA AND AGRIAS! :yaaay:

Yeah.. I think that was a deviantart fanart for the first game.. Wishful thinking though.

My Wishlist:

(4's already been done, so we won't be seeing that)

5 - Gilgamesh, no question. Wouldn't be opposed to Faris in a different class.

6 - Locke. Or Celes.

7- Red XIII. It'll NEVER happen, but I'd be the happiest person alive if this happened.

8 - Seifer for a Squall rival, and Rinoa alongside.

9 - Vivi. Wheres the magely love?

X - Auron would be totally badass here. Seymour/Yuna would also be ideal.

XI - Don't look at me, I don't play this.

XII - Chances are we're gonna probably see Ass Bandit here because he IS the main character.. even though I'd rather see Ashe.

XIII - Snow, maybe?

And some other wishes:

Ramza Beoulve, Agrias Oaks, and Delita as Ramza's opponent.

isn't gilgamesh already a summon in the game? though i guess they could do whatever they want for the sequel =p plus it would be epic, gilgamesh has always been my favorite character summon-wise since i've never played 5

I was already impressed with the cast from the first game, so I'm not particularly picky about who makes it in this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing:

Sazh, Freya, Auron, Balthier, Ramza

But, I don't really care so long as the original cast is all there with some balance changes and some new stuff.

UPDATE

The first few details on Square Enix's Dissidia Final Fantasy sequel have leaked out from Famitsu.

The game will feature the "Assist System," which will allow you to call out allies onto the battle field. This could result in four characters combatting simultaneously for periods.

Lightning will carry over some of her FFXIII characteristics. Using L and R, you can make her switch off between Attacker, Blaster and Healer jobs.

The magazine also reveals some voice actor details. Kain will be voiced by Koichi Yamadera. Returning from the original as narrator will be Bunta Sugawara.

A few more bits about Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy something-or-other courtesy of Famitsu.

Jump previously confirmed Kain and Lightning for the game. There will be more characters than just this -- a lot more. The new character count will be beyond the level of 3 or 4 characters.

Famitsu confirms that all the characters from the original will return. All the maps from the original will also return.

Updates for the current crew include a 3P color. The game will also have new summons.

In the previous leaked info below, there was mention of an Assist Mode where you can call out an allied character into battle, resulting in four characters fighting for brief moments. It does not look like the game will have four player support.

During Assist Mode, you can issue commands to your ally. Pressing Down + L and Circle depletes your assist gauge by 1 and makes the ally do a Brave attack. L plus Square depletes your assist gauge by 2 and makes the ally do an HP attack.

Square Enix is keeping details on the game's story mode under wraps right now. It appears that the 012 in the name has something to do with the story, but it would be a spoiler to get specific.

Some of the new gameplay systems are also being kept under wraps at present. One of these systems is said to be as big as surechigai/tag mode, but different. Some of the game's secrets may come to light for those who play the game's Tokyo Game Show

Regarding music, we can expect a whole lot more background music this time around. Nomura also appears anxious to include the original Famicom chip tunes in the game.

The wait to play the Dissidia sequel in final form will not be too long, Nomura also confirmed.

to summarize it all:

+ Lightning is able to switch Paradigms with L and R.

+ She is able to use the Command, Ravager, and Medic roles.

+ The soundtrack is double the size of the previous Dissidia.

+ There will be a four-character Assist System; two players use two characters each.

+ Funda Sugawara will be narrarating the Japanese version.

+ Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV will be voiced by Koichi Yamadera. (Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop)

+ Every character in the original Dissidia will return.

+ Your saved data from Dissidia: Final Fantasy will carry over, but Nomura wouldn’t divulge details.

+ There will be many new characters, not just three or four.

+ The game’s Story Mode will be different from it’s predecessor, currently it’s top-secret.

+ The orange bars below the character’s health bar pertain to Assist System.

+ Pressing ↓L+○ will execute a Brave Assist attack, and consume one segment of the orange Assist bars.

+ Pressing L+□ will execute a HP Assist attack, and consume two segments of the orange Assist bars.

+ Nomura hints at adding more original NES music into the game.

+ All the maps from the original game will return.

+ There will be new Summons.

+ The ’012′ in Duodecim’s title pertains to a specific and important story element.

+ Nomura says that the final build of the game will be playable “soon”.

+ The playable build at TGS will include new features that may impress fans.

+ All current characters and new characters will have a third alternate look.

SCANS

http://i51.tinypic.com/os8xl5.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2m5jimg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/mr8pye.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/5n5fdl.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/j5i34i.jpg

http://www.pictureshack.net/images/1298dissidia012_howto.jpg

http://www.pictureshack.net/images/5197dissidia012_list.jpg

In case anyone didn't notice in the scans...Orphan's Cradle will be a new battle stage (FFXIII).

I hope there's some kind of Tag Team System, not just assists...

Kain? fuck yeah.

if we get vincent I'll be uber hyped.

not sure who they can do for the villain for XIII though...

The game will feature the "Assist System," which will allow you to call out allies onto the battle field. This could result in four characters combatting simultaneously for periods.

Oh my god, I wet my pants.

Rehyped for this.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, if you want a quick reference for all of the new info and videos and stuff that's coming out, you can find it on Dissidiaforums.com.

That said, IIRC Dustloop is not terribly fond of that site, sand moreover, I'm not sure what the protocol is on linking to other sites, o I'll just provide the links to the posts/threads with the information, so you don't have to expose yourself to whatever it is that you loathe. This isn't an advertisement, after all. (Though if you want to join up, feel free :kitty:)

Here's the thread to watch for all the info that is confirmed (IE, no rumors or bullshit)

The first post will be updated from time to time, but moreover, the thread is locked, so all that's in there is confirmed info. The mods are seeing to that. So you might consider browsing the whole thread.

Here is the thread for all of the images/videos that are coming out. The first post is updated regularly, so you don't need to read the whole thread at any given time.

Barthandelus, human form.

More understandably, Cid.

which one was that again, none of the enemies really stuck out.... is he that.... demon guy who dies like half way through?

Barthandelus, human form.

More understandably, Cid.

Barthandelus was only interesting when you fought him as a giant face boss with "Fighting Against Fate" playing, otherwise his character design...ugh...Seymour and Palamecia are better designed.

He's the guy who killed his sexy secretary before she could have a plot point...UNFORGIVABLE!! :arg:

To be honest I think Noctis has a better chance for a slot at this point, since they've had a year to develop him.

So basically: *star by confirmed slot from previous FFs

FFI *Warrior of Light (Red Mage?/Monk?/other jobs?) VS *Garland (4 Fiends?/Chronodia?/Chaos?/Warmech?)

FFII *Firion (Maria?) VS *Emperor (Leonhart?)

FFIII *Onion Knight (other Onion Knights?) VS *Dark Cloud (enemy partner?)

FFIV *Cecil (*Kain) VS *Golbez (Zeromus?/Enemy from After Years?)

FFV *Bartz (Faris?/Krile?/Galuf?/Lenna?) VS *Exdeath (Gilgamesh???)

FFVI *Terra (Locke?/Shadow?/Celes?) VS *Kefka (General Leo?/3 Goddesses?)

FFVII *Cloud (Tifa?/Zack?) VS *Sephiroth (Shinra?/Genesis?)

FFVIII *Squall (Rinoa?) VS *Ultimecia (Seifer?)

FFIX *Zidane (Vivi?) VS *Kuja (Black Waltz?)

FFX *Tidus (Yuna?) VS *Jecht (Seymour?)

FFIX *Shantotto (partner?) VS Eald Narche? (enemy partner?)

FFXII Balthier? (Vaan?) VS *Judge Gabranth (enemy partner?)

FFXIII *Lightning (Snow?) VS Noctis? (enemy partner?)

This all assumes everyone has a partner slot...

Barthandelus was only interesting when you fought him as a giant face boss with "Fighting Against Fate" playing, otherwise his character design...ugh...Seymour and Palamecia are better designed.

He's the guy who killed his sexy secretary before she could have a plot point...UNFORGIVABLE!! :arg:

I meant cid. who the fuck is he again? is he that guard captain who does the heroic sacrifice or that guy who became that stupid fast demon thing?

also it looks like tifa was confirmed for vii.... not vincent Q_Q

Cid is the dude with the black hair who became a l'Cie and fought you, crystalized, then Barthandelus resurrected him under his control, then made him the head of Coccoon I guess, but when the rebels fought their way past his security, he willingly let them shoot him in the head, as he'd rather die than follow Fal'Cie.

Cid is the dude with the black hair who became a l'Cie and fought you, crystalized, then Barthandelus resurrected him under his control, then made him the head of Coccoon I guess, but when the rebels fought their way past his security, he willingly let them shoot him in the head, as he'd rather die than follow Fal'Cie.

wow I really wasn't paying attention lol.

Larger roster. Lightening and Tifa plus a few rumored. So getting this on the first day. TBA?

Time to put Terra and Jecht on the side and learn some other characters to my interest. (Can't find anyone on AD Hoc for the first one) ;_;

I only bought the first game because I told my friend I would if he bought BlazBlue. It was kind of addictive, because of the design of the reward system; but it wasn't very good. I guess we'll see how this one turns out.

Yeah so, in case anyone didn't know, everybody's getting P3 costumes, known so far:

Cloud: his KH outfit (I guess you need a code from Birth By Sleep or something)

Lightning: an Aya Brea outfit (from Parasite Eve)

And some other outfits are getting touchups too I guess.