Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

lol, Gamefaqs has Cloud and Aerith DLC files but there's no way to use them

unless you have cwcheat codes for the USA version, but I don't think those exist yet.

Learning AP abilities takes foreeeeeeveeeerrrrrrr. D:

Oi guys...dumb idea but...

Help me make some Guilty Gear and BlazBlue rulesets in this. :cool:

agh, grinding with Chaos is easier and shittier at the same time with BRV ruleset . His dive kick breaks guard (WHY SQUEENIX???) and the inability to jump after dodging makes it harder to get above him or even dodge more. Still predictable as hell though.

Welp I just beat 012 and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed...it felt far too short and it seems like we're brought in at the end of the conflict rather than the beginning like in 013. Also...

Lightning is so tsundere :kitty:

Everytime she opened her mouth I totally had Ayumu (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?) moments and imagine her saying what she truly felt just cuter + w+ Her interactions with allies are much better here than in XIII

Tifa is an idiot <.<

Sorry PK but her logical behind her trusting Kain is just dumb, I felt guininely touched at some point by each of the new characters stories except hers and I went in completely unbiased. Having Aerith would've been more significant or Yuffie (my fave FF7 character) would've been better.

Damn munchkins! :arg:

I counter you by saying that

Kain and WoL are bigger idiots lol

I liked her chapter. Felt like it was true to her personality. Actually, I felt that way about all the characters and I loved their interactions with each other.

Currently working on getting a few of the new characters to 100 with custom rulesets since they make it a lot easier :3 And it's AP day for me today! Yaaaaay

Best way to Level Up = Level 100 Gabranth + Calm A.I. set + Chocobo Accessories/Growth Egg + EXP x 5 Bonus Carrot.

Best way to learn abilities = Level 1 Chaos Battle + Beckoning Cat

Tips on "equipping abilities"

Depending on your playing style with a character, consider what arsenal of moves you may need:

--For example, Anti-Gravity Jump is actually useful for Sephiroth when he doesn't have his Glide ability in EX Mode.

--Ground Omni Dash isn't really that useful unless you're using a ground oriented character like Laguna or Firion

--Multi-Jumps aren't really useful compared to Evasion "jumping" with enhanced evasion invincibilty and range.

--Keep in mind that "evasion-cancelling" is more effective when the range of the evasion isn't enhanced, the same goes for Kain's "airdash cancelling" between his combos.

--Defensive characters need equips like Precision Blocking or Reposte to be more effective, but also because they're defensive, damage-reducing equips like Anti-Sneak Attack also helps.

--Characters that rely heavily on Airdashing to improve their attack range (such as Cloud), need Airdash boost equips.

--Consider how often you plan to use a move before you equip it, such as Precision Jumping or EX Command Omega.

--Consider whether or not your character needs to attack immediately after being attacked, or if you simply need control over the recovery or not.

--Consider how mobile a character has to be given their moveset and style and range.

--For level 100 characters, consider what EXP benefit and accessory layout would most help that specific character, for example EXP to EX Force no longer gives much meter to Cloud, so to compensate he needs accessories that can gather the EX Force his moves generate. For characters that are offense-oriented (Kain) EXP Brave works better. For characters who take damage (Exdeath/Sephiroth), EXP HP works better. And for characters who benefit best from Assists (Kefka/Ultimecia), EXP Assist.

Gotta stop reading the spoilers, :v: and thanks for the quick level up trick Blade. Trying to complete this game without using a gamesave or using CWCheat. :lol:

Anyway I FINALLY got the Aerith Assist and KH Cloud outfit DLCs to work, all thanks to ironically, an official Playstation Network program called Media Go. I can't wait to cop Lightning's Aya Brea costume on the 29th and Cecil's Knight of the Twin Moon costume on April 19th. :yaaay:

But come one Squeenix! Just give word that you're going to be releasing Tifa's and Squall's DLC costumes in America and Europe too! :(

I counter you by saying that

Kain and WoL are bigger idiots lol

Can't argue with that = w= Another reason I hated Tifa's chapter was I just didn't like playing as her, I couldn't get the timing of her feints and some of her best moves (early on) are all angle dependent and during the last battle

with Ultimecia was just hell for me! If took me (no lie) nearly 2hrs to beat her were as everyone else I beat in 1-3 tries. Why the hell does Tifa think she's cool enough to take on the Mistress of Time!? Heck I'm still surprised Squall and party beat her in 8 because she's just too crazy, from the future, and she causes Paradoxes, in fact I'm surprised Chaos can control her.

"There is no running from this pain..." x _x

Quick note that Blade probably didn't mention. Should so ever happens that you used the same EXP setup with the x5 Bonus Carrot and lost, don't do anything. Just turn the game off then back on. You'll notice that the bonus carrot is still displayed.

Also, has anyone gotten so far into the world map to the point that there's a post-game version of that map with higher level dungeons? Just curious.

Also, has anyone gotten so far into the world map to the point that there's a post-game version of that map with higher level dungeons? Just curious.

You just have to buy the 000 Story mode in PP Store after you finish 012.

Speaking of Ultimecia, I'm still disappointed that she lost her "Russian" akcent. Maybe because I'm Russian, myself.

What I learned in JP Dissidia:

Treachery of the Gods: Beginner to Moderate Dungeons for Lightning/Vaan/Laguna/Yuna/Kain/Tifa then later more difficult chapters have semi harder dungeons for them. Minor rules, no Kupo Level Penalties. (Best place to earn KP!)

Reclaiming the Light: Beginner to Moderate/Semi Hard Dungeons for the "Big Ten" Minor rules, Kupo Level Penalty in effect (suppress your levels for maximum KP). Chaos chapter is a Semi-Hard Party Battle Chapter where you can choose any of the "Big Ten" in a party of your choosing, but it's recommended you pick characters associated with each villain you come across in order to unlock their cutscenes.

Report: Reports cover Kuja, Terra, Kain, Shantotto, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Prische, Onion Knight, Cloud, Tifa, Squall, Laguna, and Zidane. Most can be done at Level 1 but don't ignore the Suggested Levels at the beginning pior to the fight.

Confessions of the Creator (aka Inward Chaos): This is a Ultra-Hard Party Mode that has to be tackled a ton of ways, and ideally you want your best equipment, but whatever you do, do NOT try and talk to the assist characters in the dungeon unless you want equips, doing so will have you fight them!! Most enemies later on will always summon Atma and Omega, you will encounter Manikin versions of Prische/Gilgamesh/D.Chaos as well here. This place has some of the best Kupo shops in the game, but you have to fight past all the gates to proceed. Some dungeons are 10 Floors deep. It's recommended you have Level 50 villains here before even attempting some of the dungeons. Also note that some dungeons put a "Kupo Penalty Lock" on certain treasures, so that you have to get hit with Level Penalty in order to break the lock and get the treasure, so Level 100 and best equips from Labyrinth for everyone is recommended. Most Map Enemies are Level 86-115. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I fucking hate Feral Chaos.

I fucking hate Feral Chaos.

I

HATE

CHAOS.

But at least the dungeons are good for levelling up.

Once you unlock Desperado Chaos, he's fun to fight, and you get used to fighting him. Just, forget everything you know about "blocking", just don't even bother, just dodge his crap. Also some of his moves have no way to hit you on elevated terrain (Lunar stage/Orphan's Cradle)...his hitbox is huge so don't worry too much about missing.

But come one Squeenix! Just give word that you're going to be releasing Tifa's and Squall's DLC costumes in America and Europe too! :(

They already released Tifa's DLC, she was a pre-order for basically any place that WASN'T Gamestop (Amazon and Best Buy had her). IF I cared for that outfit I would've preordered from both, pick up both, don't open one and return it to Gamestop, item get!

Those some Akiba tactics right there! :v: Although there's still not word on how US will get Squall's 4th and surprisingly we didn't get WoL's 4th >.>

"Unknown Warrior" is scheduled to be free DLC next week according to what I heard as PSN's schedule, so Tuesday Night/Wednesday of next week.

Ultimecia was just hell for me! If took me (no lie) nearly 2hrs to beat her were as everyone else I beat in 1-3 tries. Why the hell does Tifa think she's cool enough to take on the Mistress of Time!? Heck I'm still surprised Squall and party beat her in 8 because she's just too crazy, from the future, and she causes Paradoxes, in fact I'm surprised Chaos can control her.

It's cuz they buffed her lol. For me she was one of the easier CPUs to beat in the first one and now she's one of the most annoying because of all the buffs they gave her xD

I'm pretty sure the costumes will come out on PSN eventually... I hope (for some at least).

And yea Feral Chaos is a bitch, especially when he shows up when I least expect it. He appeared when I was exploring the labyrinth and all I could do was :vbang:

Can anybody here be kind enough to post the "legal build" for PvP matches? ie (6999HP, blahblah etc?)

Too lazy to dig through Dissidia Forums right now. :v:

Well, as far as I know, there's no PvP rulesets for Duodecim yet... Just regular 6999 (which can be easily set up with the Off.(Skill) in-game ruleset) and equips (no resins or hacked accessories, sometimes no summons either but that varies)

Well, as far as I know, there's no PvP rulesets for Duodecim yet... Just regular 6999 (which can be easily set up with the Off.(Skill) in-game ruleset) and equips (no resins or hacked accessories, sometimes no summons either but that varies)
Thank you! I'm loving the Skill Ruleset now, although I loved using the overpowered builds, if you will, that people come up with.

http://www.generation-game.com/psp/news-400/-Exclu--UNDUB-Dissidia-duodecim-012--English-.html

For those who personally love the Japanese voices more than the English voices, Sephizack, the man who undubbed Crisis Core and the first Dissidia game, has given us a preview and it appears that he's making two versions of the undub. One with the battle voices undubbed only for the impatient, and a 100% undubbed version afterwards.

Yeah, coming up with builds like that is really fun. From the few days I've been messing around with equips with the people I usually play with though, assist builds seem to be a lot better than EX builds because of how abundant assists are... I was hoping there'd be more freedom of choice between assists and EX, but at least rules are customizable now.

http://www.generation-game.com/psp/news-400/-Exclu--UNDUB-Dissidia-duodecim-012--English-.html

For those who personally love the Japanese voices more than the English voices, Sephizack, the man who undubbed Crisis Core and the first Dissidia game, has given us a preview and it appears that he's making two versions of the undub. One with the battle voices undubbed only for the impatient, and a 100% undubbed version afterwards.

Ah, great! I know of some people that can't wait for an undub. I'm fine with the English voices myself, I'm just more used to the Japanese ones since I played the japanese version for so long before I got a PS3.

Assist builds? As in there's equips and accessories that can build up the Assist Meter more quickly other than Support Skills?

And playing Dissidia 012 reminds me of playing MvC2, constantly whiffing quick attacks and projectiles to build up meter. :lol:

EDIT: For the incredibly lazy, Rei-N on the Dissidia Forums was kind enough to upload a "Tournament Ready Save-File" so if you want to jump right into Adhoc Party battles without spending a lot of time unlocking things and don't care about the Museum not being completed yet, then this is the save for you. :)

Alright, so I decided to be the nice guy and grinded stuff to hell on the US save file. Not entirely looking forward to having my white gem be the common gem, but regardless...here's a fully complete save file that's ready to go on ADHP tournaments for all sites. The following should be done:

- All abilities mastered, including adepts for all characters

- Story mode completed

- Theater almost complete

- All weapons in the game

- Max PP and Gil for your Rosetta and Artifact farming needs

- All characters unlocked and maxed

- All stages and music unlocked

I probably missed more, but meh. Here's what you came for right? Do note it was done with the latest firmware. Do what you must to make use of it.

Duodecim NA Tourney-Ready Save

See you all on the battlefield.

Yeah. There's an accessory that fills up a whole half of the assist gauge once you land a HP attack (but it comes with the downside of making you unable to gain EX). This one is really good, especially since EX mode isn't that great this time around. I tried fighting my friend who was using a pure assist build without an assist build of my own (I wanted to still be able to enter EX for Blood Weapons) and I kept getting assist combo'd all the time, as well as being unable to land a lot of hits due to assist change. So yeah, I foresee a lot of people using assist builds.