Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

I guessed that you wouldn't be able to gain meter for your EX Gauge as much but wow, not being able to gain any EX meter is such a big tradeoff.

Anyway who do you think are the best Assists so far? So far I'm liking Tifa and WoL. Aerith is okay but setting up for Holy is such a bitch, is it even worth it? :v:

And to the respectable moderator(s) who watch over the Misc Fighter Central subforum, will you be so kind to change this thread's name into "Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy" if possible? Thank you in advance. :)

A lot of people don't seem to mind that, though. I think losing assists for EX is much worse than losing EX for assists.

Hmm, I believe it's character dependant... I like using Garland for Firion, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone else use him for other characters. Kuja, Sephiroth, Jecht and Tidus seem to be very popular and staples. Kuja and Sephi have fairly long attacks, so people can smack the opponent while they're doing their attacks and still have time to go for assist chase and finish with a HP. Jecht for the same reason, except he wall rushes instead of chase. I'm not sure why a lot of people like Tidus, though. I used to use Tidus with Firion too, but Hopstep was just annoying for punishing and Sonic Buster sucks in stages with little ground.

Wow I'd download that Tournament file...if it wasn't lazy as crap, seriously I remember when people enjoyed playing their own games, I know you're all hyped to start up some PvP matches but what's the point if you didn't do it yourself? My characters would feel...weird and used :kitty:

I'm currently grinding now so I can start up some casual/tourneys next week. Lightning (40), Prishe (16), Squall (100--from transfer), Ultimecia (26--from transfer)

Oh well good new for the competitive scene I guess = 3=

Damn, it seems that my US Dissidia save got corrupted a while ago. Seems I'll have to download one of those maxed saves to enjoy the game properly. Even though it feels like cheating, and I won't be playing my characters. Still, it's better than to grind PP and AP under the new rules, and I still have all the new stuff to master at my own pace.

Treachery of the Gods: Beginner to Moderate Dungeons for Lightning/Vaan/Laguna/Yuna/Kain/Tifa then later more difficult chapters have semi harder dungeons for them. Minor rules, no Kupo Level Penalties. (Best place to earn KP!)

Imo, the best place to earn KP is the 000 story. Not only do you get hundreds of KP in a single dungeon, you can also double them with moogle statues and KP Up abilities. And, if you're in the mood to abuse the system, set the game rules in such a way that it won't be hard for a level 1 character to beat these ultra-hard dungeons. I don't remember the exact rule set, but there was a guide on Dissidia Forums. And there is always the ultimate accessory set to find...

Oh, and you don't have to fight the villains with their respective heroes to unlock the cutscenes this time. The only bonus that you get by doing so is a unique intro dialogue right before the battle.

I might have used that save file... if I didn't already max out like 6 of the new characters (Lightning, Tifa, Prishe, Vaan, Yuna, Kain)

yes, I've been playing this non-stop despite all my schoolwork

. I just transferred the old character's levels since I maxed out half of them in the last Dissidia and put over 100+ hours into that game. I would like to note I was only able to do that in the last one because my friend helped me lol.

I'm down to play Dissidia 012 when I get home today. Anybody here from West Coast want to play?

I do believe Anti-Assist Builds are possible (Pro-EX, designed to Assist-Break people), so even if Assists make for good combos, any defense-oriented character with good Assist targeting reticules or EX gain can drain Assist easily. The game says that EX and Assist are opposite spectrums and with some forethought it can work.

That said, I'm giving Quest Creation a try right now. It's a real pain that the dialogue cutscenes you make are limited by how many characters you can type in each box, but it takes a bit of creativity, and ideally you want to have all the locations, music, and icons unlocked. I haven't fully decided whether or not to release this yet, simply because I think I wanna optimize my equips and accessories, but so far scripting battles is kinda fun. You can make people lose if they get broken or if the opponent gets into EX Mode...heh.

You even get a cutscene for when you lose a battle, which is kinda cool too. If only the text boxes weren't limited to a "cellphone-like" typing system.

I'm down to play Dissidia 012 when I get home today. Anybody here from West Coast want to play?

Ad-hoc party? Maybe I can play a few, equipment or no equipment? I don't have much equipment since I haven't had a chance to grind, so maybe no equipment would be better for now.

Ad-hoc party? Maybe I can play a few, equipment or no equipment? I don't have much equipment since I haven't had a chance to grind, so maybe no equipment would be better for now.
Bleh, you just missed me. :v:

Official (Skills) Ruleset (3/7), which is no equipment. And don't worry about if you aren't level 100 yet, I can always adjust my level to match yours.

Does Official Rules let you use your custom movesets? Or are you locked in to using only certain moves?

I'll be uploading some "ultimate ghosts" later on.

so i'm new to the psp in general and before i go out and buy this i'd like to know, is it better to buy the physical game or just download it off psn? I enjoy having a physical copy to hold but with the psp2 thing comeing out eventually not running the same disks i'd like to be safe...

Anti-assist builds are possible, yes. Assist depletion is quite capable of wrecking the assist gauge, especially if the HP attack wall rushes the opponent. But I find that an EX build is less effective because it's harder to gain EX than assist, and personally I find assists to be more versatile. The people I've seen discussing EX vs Assists also seem to agree that assist is easier to gain.

Anyway, I've yet to fiddle with Original Quests, but someone posted on Dissidia Forums a very nice way to get around the message limit: Include separate text files together with the quest data that can provide more background to each scene and stuff like that. You could think of it as having just the action in-game and the bulk of the story in those text files. I'd like to give it a try sometime, but I'm bad at coming up with good stories.

Also, I'd love to play over AHP sometime, but it'll probably be in slow motion because of my location. :v:

so i'm new to the psp in general and before i go out and buy this i'd like to know, is it better to buy the physical game or just download it off psn? I enjoy having a physical copy to hold but with the psp2 thing comeing out eventually not running the same disks i'd like to be safe...

If you plan on getting the NGP/PSP2 I would get the digital copy since it's been confirmed it will be compatible with digital ver of PSP games, otherwise get the physical.

Bleh, you just missed me. :v:

Official (Skills) Ruleset (3/7), which is no equipment. And don't worry about if you aren't level 100 yet, I can always adjust my level to match yours.

Oh, I have level 100s, mostly the ones I brought over from my Dissidia save file. Working on mastering some of the new characters right now. I just need to get me a beckoning cat and dazzling diamond set.

I'm really liking the Skill Ruleset now. Don't have to worry about what builds to use, using the wrong set, etc.

Just one question though, do Abilities such as Counterattack, Riposte, still take effect if the Skill Ruleset is being used? Because I noticed how sometimes, I forget to check if my character has essential abilities such as Free Air Dash not equipped or troublesome abilities such as Auto Assist equipped.

In-game rulesets never affect the abilities you can use. They can only affect in-battle values such as map BRV or EX absorption (although the official rulesets don't change any of those), as well as disabling equips, accessories and calendar bonuses.

So what you're saying is that abilities such as EXP to EX don't have any effect when playing under Skill Ruleset?

How about abilities such as Speed Boost? Are those allowed?

Hmm, it just occurred to me: does the Skill rule set actually remove equipment from your enemies? If it doesn't, does that mean that you can still get ingredients and all that stuff? Man, that's perfect for my Gil-starved self. Totally gonna try it out today with one of my mastered chars.

I tried some custom rules that "ban" certain equips and the A.I. in One-on-One ignores that completely (either that or you can only "ban" equips that you own, and if the opponent has something you don't you're screwed)...you'll get swamped if you fight bare naked.

Also, Labrynth mode puts a "ban" on any equips you currently have and only lets you equip or re-equip items, summons, and assists you find IN the labrynth...meaning if you had a summon you bought with KP, chances are you'd find it in there, but you have to pick it to equip it.

Tried the Skill ruleset, and the enemies fight naked, too. Well, it's still an excellent ruleset if you want to fight your under-grinded friends.

For anyone still Level-Grinding, if you have a Level 100 character in your team on Party Battle and use him to take on other Level 100s in order to level up your allies (Tournament Style), be sure to turn OFF your EXP to ____ ability, the exp won't transfer otherwise.

Also, despite it being the hardest scenario, 000: Confessions of the Creator has "Tome of ___" and "_____ Recipe" items you'll NEED to farm in order to make certain accessories and items, so keep that in mind.

Lastly,

I'm surprised Sephiroth's suicide wasn't mentioned in the 12th Cycle.

Okay, I am seriously pissed at Square-Enix...how long does it take for these stupid promotional deals to play out before this DLC will go public? And knowing PSN, it's gonna take longer than projected.

And yet strangely everyone else can get their codes off PSN...man this sucks...

If they're anything like Super Street Fighter IV, it might take years.... :(