Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

Okay, I am seriously pissed at Square-Enix...how long does it take for these stupid promotional deals to play out before this DLC will go public? And knowing PSN, it's gonna take longer than projected.

And yet strangely everyone else can get their codes off PSN...man this sucks...

If they're anything like Super Street Fighter IV, it might take years.... :(

Yeah.. Kind of mad I don't get to have Tifa's DLC outfit. I hope they decide to put it up on PSN at some point. At least Warrior of Light's DLC costume will be free, I think.

Whether it's free or not, I don't care, I just want it UP THERE TO GET. Enough of these promotional games from Akihabara or some crap.

As much as people wish life was like an RPG where you get rare items, I sure fucking don't! :arg:NAMEN JA NEE ZO!!

Side note: if Strider is NOT a DLC in MVC3...he BETTER make a cameo in MoonDiver! :mad:

Yeah.. Kind of mad I don't get to have Tifa's DLC outfit. I hope they decide to put it up on PSN at some point. At least Warrior of Light's DLC costume will be free, I think.
Yeah I wanted to play as Tifa's back too guys.

I had a friend who pre-ordered the game from Amazon AND from Gamestop, just so he can both exclusive codes, and then he said he'll return his copy that he got at Gamestop soon. Not sure if they'll ask for the code back though lol. :lol:

And yes, Helmetless WoL will be free.

Oooooh, I can't wait to pick up my copy of The 3rd Birthday so I can play as Lightning Brea! <3

So apparently, according to some Dissidia Forums members, "Shadowboxing," which is the term for "constantly whiffing attacks in the air to build Assist meter" is ruining the game.

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?8133-Shadowboxing-The-act-of-attacking-the-air-to-build-the-Assist-meter!

Hey one thing I'm wondering, how noticeable is the increased cooldown on Anit Air Particle Beam and Feint Particle Beam when CoD is in EX mode?

So apparently, according to some Dissidia Forums members, "Shadowboxing," which is the term for "constantly whiffing attacks in the air to build Assist meter" is ruining the game.

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?8133-Shadowboxing-The-act-of-attacking-the-air-to-build-the-Assist-meter!

If it's ruining the game for the "competitive" players, they will turn it off in their matches. The rest of the players just don't care.

Hey one thing I'm wondering, how noticeable is the increased cooldown on Anit Air Particle Beam and Feint Particle Beam when CoD is in EX mode?

Doesn't its EX mode decrease cooldowns instead? You certainly can link its HP moves together in EX mode, but I'm not sure about the actual cooldowns on the moves.

Honestly, I think the only character that benefits from Shadowboxing is Warrior of Light, the other characters have way too much recovery time in their normals to be able to build Assist meter like that.

Obviously Assist Dash is something else entirely, but like I said before, there are ways to build EX specifically to destroy assists.

Uh, I believe any character with fast attacks can do that. Firion and Yuna, for example, could spam Swordslash and Shiva all day by dodge cancelling them. Of course, you shouldn't keep doing that when the opponent is close. That's just silly.

But anyway, that issue happens mostly with 6999 rules. My friend thinks equips would help solve that with assist builds that would lower the need for assist camping (or "shadowboxing", whatever floats your boat)

lmao "shadowboxing"... They need to learn what whiffing means.

I whiff air thunder with Lighting all day! (but it's not to build meter, it's to trap you and get it to hit = w=)

lmao "shadowboxing"... They need to learn what whiffing means.
First thing that comes to my mind when I first saw that thread was if the TC has ever played 3rd Strike or MvC2 before. :lol:

First thing that comes to my mind when I first saw that thread was if the TC has ever played 3rd Strike or MvC2 before. :lol:

At least in Dissidia you don't have to hear "OH! OH! OH!" when someone is whiffing to build meter.

Yeah, also "Shadowboxing" doesn't work, it's like trying to create a new term for something that already exists. Specially if you are whiffing magic, you aren't boxing! It's just whiffing for meter.. Nothing new to fighting games, and not something that will break Dissidia. I whiff my magic all the time to build meter, and I'll whiff a few attacks from long range too so my assist meter won't deplete.

Oh God! I am jealous! I want that. :(

So.. is the DLC code included within the game? Or on the receipt like with the Dissidia pre-order? If I buy the game now, could I get it?

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7547/dsc02452y.jpg

Unlike the codes for Tifa's Enforcer costume and Cloud's Kingdom Hearts costume where they include the code within the receipt, the code for Lightning's Aya Brea costumes comes inside first print copies. Since the game just came out, there's plenty of them out there but be sure to secure your copy as soon as possible if I were you.

And don't bother using the code, I already used it. :kitty:

EDIT: For those of you who care, the Warrior of Light's helmetless costume is out of PSN for free.

Drats foiled again! :v:

lol nah I wasn't able to go to the store to get my copy today >.< looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow = 3=

oh god i'm guessing that that costume doesn't come with a 3rd birthday download huh....my psp can't play disks so i guess i'll just be paying twice for it =p

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7547/dsc02452y.jpg

Unlike the codes for Tifa's Enforcer costume and Cloud's Kingdom Hearts costume where they include the code within the receipt, the code for Lightning's Aya Brea costumes comes inside first print copies. Since the game just came out, there's plenty of them out there but be sure to secure your copy as soon as possible if I were you.

EDIT: For those of you who care, the Warrior of Light's helmetless costume is out of PSN for free.

Do me a favor, mark your calendar for when you got your DLC versus when we actually get it UP on PSN later on (assuming, hopefully we DO).

Oh come on...Square-Enix will release all of these, eventually...they gotta.

If they don't I'll be super-pissed. They have no reason to not put KH Squall and KH Cloud up since Squall especially has had ZERO promotions in the U.S.

I'm hoping we get something after FFIV comes out at least.

Besides, KH Cloud, Amano Tifa, Aya Lightning, and Unknown Warrior are already up and floating around on PSN's server, somewhere right?

Yeah, I hope Square-Enix likes cash enough to let us buy these costumes. :/

Oh, and on another note.. I finally got around to mastering some of my characters, completely mastering all the abilities for Prishe, Tifa, Lightning and getting them to level 100. So, including those, plus some of my Dissidia characters being mastered.. If anybody wants to have some matches on Ad-Hoc party, let me know~ Using the skill rule, since I still haven't gotten ahold of good equipment. When I do, we can play with equips :3 (I prefer playing with equipment and set ups, just need time to collect good accessories)

just finnished the 12th cycle, was kinda disapointed in shortness of it D= but oh wells o3o new mapped main story here i come~<3 need to get me those unlock charas (so far behind everyone else!)

oh and I don't know how ad-hoc works (do you need a ps3? >.>; ) but after i get my kuja up to 100 (and master his movement) i'd love to participate in some stuff