Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ichipoo

Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy Thread

I wish they can put FFT Ramza. Too bad he's not a numbered FF.

I might pick up Vaan though, his playstyle looks like fun. Closest thing to FFT too.

I know people say that the game's not out yet, but Versus 13 has already had some production time...so they may have locked in his movelist by now. He could serve as a promotion character too, you never know.

Then Nomura would have let Lightning in the first Dissidia :[ He said his main reason for not putting her in the first one even though she was pretty much established was because he didn't want people to compare her abilities in FFXIII and Dissidia. It would be cool if they have Noctis in it but I doubt it unless he's changed his mind on that.

FFD really needs more females. So I welcome the addition of any female characters. Of course I am still hoping for Yuna(Hopefully FFX-2 version). I was hoping for Rinoa too but that probably won't happen. (If they add anyone from FFT, it should be Agrias. :3 )

Jump FESTA trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQOHfm4ZJvU&feature=related

Yuna is Confirmed (Summoner Form thus far)

Also, there seems to be several new areas...a Crystal Shrine, a Train (possibly the one from FF6!? or FF8), new summons (Famfrit I think), and something to do with the ability to stop time for an opponent (different from Ultimecia's ability).

lengthy trailer, this pleases me. sad to se no in-game footage of yuna like with tifa in the last trailer, but that second of foot-action was enough to confirm her in my eyes. and that summon was brynhildr from ff13. hype.

edited note: wiki states that the 'stop' used in the video is a mechanic called EX Revenge, a counter that staggers the opponent and stops time to counter-attack, uses a full EX gauge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrgPufQZA4&NR=1 <--- same trailer with subs

Okay, let me get this straight...because of how broken EX Mode was in original Dissidia (it acted like a free burst into EX Burst combo), they modified the system in Duodecim.

Brave Attacks boost your Assist Gauge which can then be used to create Assists in combos/offensive independent strikes (for rushdown cover etc), or to defend against oncoming attacks.

If someone attacks your summoned Assist Character, this is called an Assist Break, you will not be able to use Assists for a time and all the Brave Points you had will be given to your opponent (same as BREAK state). This means that using Assists can be risky, or if you don't use Assists and your opponent does, it will create an opportunity.

If you entered EX Mode, and your opponent successfully lands an Assist Attack on you. This is called EX Break, and will instantly knock you out of EX Mode and you enter BREAK state, giving your opponent your Brave Points. Likewise if you use EX Burst attack, you reduce the opponent's Assist Gauge to Zero. So using Assist characters as an anti-EX maneuver is also viable, making EX Mode just as risky (unless an EX Mode'd character attacks your Assist Character that is then you get hit with Assist Break).

Lastly, if you have a full EX Gauge, and are suddenly getting combo'd by Brave Attacks or HP Attacks, activating EX Mode will constitute EX Revenge. EX Revenge stops time for the opponent and allows you to freely attack the opponent for as long as you have EX Force in the EX Gauge (similar to Samurai Showdown 5's Mu no Kyouchi). You cannot use EX Burst in this mode I don't think, I'm not sure if you benefit from EX Mode sub-abilities either. I don't know about Assists either.

Lol at dat Ex Revenge. Sounds stupid as shit. Seriously hope it's short as hell.

In fact keeping a full EX bar and not entering EX mode seems 10000x better than using it. Basically your opponent can't attack you...

Well look at it this way, you have to be in hit-stun for EX Revenge to work. Spells and long range stuff that isn't dirt-obvious as an attack could hit you fast enough that you couldn't get a chance to activate it. I think you still take damage even if it is activated, so that means you could already be in Break state when it goes active, and me knowing how Mu-no-Kyouchi works, the minute you actually "start" a combo, the EX Gauge will only last until the combo ends, then it'll stop.

Basically, if you finish a combo or start to do something with long startup after already hitting them, it's over. That probably means you only have time for one brave combo, or brave-HP combo.

Here's a better way of explaining it...let's say you're getting comboed and activate EX Revenge:

The gauge will slowly drain while time has stopped, this is how long you have to initiate any free hits, so you have to take advantage of it (unless you're too far away, then you're boned, Terra players can abuse that).

Once you land an HP Attack, the mode will end regardless of how much time you had left. Same goes for Brave combos and Brave-HP combos....and like I said before, I don't know if Assists are allowed in this mode, or any benefits gained from EX Mode itself (such as Regen/Haste/Break Damage Limit etc)

considering how EX was a free burst in the first game, now you still get to use a burst, but you lose the ability to smash your opponent in EX mode afterwards, and have to do all that work again for an EX bar. To compensate, you get to get a few good hits in on your opponent and maybe an HP attack for some free damage to compensate for loseing your EX bar. It's just anouther part of the game that to me adds some much needed depth to the core gameplay. It makes EX a much more flexible tool than just burst -> combo -> finnisher, which makes it both that much more dangerous and that much more risky.

So basically... a nerf in sustained-EX builds but a buff in builds that just focus on the speed of getting an EX gauge filled?

Well, we don't know what all can be done in EX or EX Revenge yet, so I can't give you a full list of nerfs/buffs.

That said, I have NO IDEA how I'm going to pull off an Assist Break, especially since I tend to lock on to one target at the start of the fight and never leave the reticule until an EX Core shows up. If I get ambushed by an Assist combo it's not gonna be fun.

I'm actually loveing the idea of an assist system you need to work for. Most assist games I've played (Mahvel) rewards you for just mashing out your assists to increase pressure. This system seems to actually have thought behind it that seems much more flexible than the general assist system.

All of the video's have shown that brave combo > assist combo > hp attack is a very strong use for the system, we've also seen brave > double hp attack being used, as well as many examples of assist change.

all over it looks like a much more in-depth combat system than the first game. hype.

I'm actually loveing the idea of an assist system you need to work for. Most assist games I've played (Mahvel) rewards you for just mashing out your assists to increase pressure. This system seems to actually have thought behind it that seems much more flexible than the general assist system.

If you believe that youi don't know anything about Marvel.

I'm liking the new changes to the EX system, no longer dumb as shit.

Pretty sure everyone expected it but Summoner Yuna confirmed for Dissidia Duodecim.

"She'll be able to call Bahamut, Shiva and Ixion into battle. For her EX Burst, she uses Ikai Okuri which calls out all summons at once." - http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/12/yuna_in_dissidia/

I hope she plays like some kind of crazy Zappa.

Andriasang posted some of the features in Dissidia: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/15/dissidia_012_ff_watch_mode/

The one I'm most excited about is this:

Importing your data from the original will allow you to carry your character level over. You'll also receive an accessory.

THANK YOU GOD. My 100+ hours in the original have not gone to waste lol.

Andriasang posted some of the features in Dissidia: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/15/dissidia_012_ff_watch_mode/

The one I'm most excited about is this:

THANK YOU GOD. My 100+ hours in the original have not gone to waste lol.

so i get a maxed out terra, zidane, and kuja right off the bat and every1 else above 70 (xcept shantoto, screw her)? as happy as i am about not having to level them up again, i can't help but feel story mode is going to be patheticaly easy with this