Sign in to follow this  
Skye

BBCS II Loctest Discussion ~not "Complaining"~

Tager will not receive any buffs that will drastically improve his game, or his ability to deal with bad match ups. Honestly, if he's too good, the game will suck and they know it. That being said, he needs completely different lows. When the opponent is magnetized, they should slowly be pulled towards him too lol.

If you looked at the page, it said "we don't know any more (info)" for Tager and Hakumen. Obviously whoever reported didn't get to see too much of those two characters in action at the loketest. So we can't tell yet if Tager has been changed.

If you looked at the page, it said "we don't know any more (info)" for Tager and Hakumen. Obviously whoever reported didn't get to see too much of those two characters in action at the loketest. So we can't tell yet if Tager has been changed.

:3

I've been seeing multiple translations. In the tager forums Mike z said that it said "Didn't really care. Same-move proration on Collider seemed stricter."

But I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea.

Tager will receive changes, he probably already has, just not examined upon.

Does anybody understand what they did to Lambchops exactly? Like do her swords move slower or is start up slower? More importantly does it affect all her D moves (destroying the crescent loop)?

the real question here is, are we sure that the balance patch would be free?

cuz being honest, i dont remember that aksys or arcsys have said that the balance patch suposedly for december will be a free patch :v:

Well what i meant by a new game all together is like a new disc release of the game, i mean once they go through with these balances they'll have to change challenge mode too opposed to making it a large DLC patch, if thats the case we probably would have to pay for it

They really shouldnt charge us though , its not our fault they fucked up the character balances the first time around

I've been seeing multiple translations. In the tager forums Mike z said that it said "Didn't really care. Same-move proration on Collider seemed stricter."

But I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea.

The first line for Tager is "知らん" (Don't know), the second has the thing about collider, there was literally no other info.

btw Skye: 2匹コンは健在 translates to "AB2 Combo is doing fine" I believe, nothing about Taokaka's health. Searching for " 2匹コン" on nicovideo gives you the AB2 ender combo vid. Also, it specifically states that j.B is CT's cat2 motion, and has a limit of 2 reps, if I'm reading it right "CT猫2のモーションで2回". CT's cat2 was very different from CS' (which still remains), it goes vertically and provides knockdown, if the properties are the same. You should probably update the first post with these changed.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

they'll probably do a gold, platinum (lol) or whatever edition as a disc release down the line

imo things arent looking TOO bad, but looks like top tiers are getting balanced ok, with no itsuu cancel on litchi

no wallbounce on 22d is really retarded since its pretty much how you score damage with her

keep in mind this is a loketest, hopefully her attacks got damage buffs?

read more in-depth and they are pretty gay

feels like ct noel > cs noel all over again

her charge meter better be damn fast now, seeing as how her normal specials are shit

What I'm saying is that Tager doesn't need changes, he needs a complete character overhaul. He pretty much needs to be Potemkin. If CT to CS is any indication, any changes they do make will just be tweaks, but he'll never be a legitimately good character.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical Tager player lol.

No idea what makes Potemkin so much better (next to no experience with GG), but I'm sure Tager can still be saved.

@Linear: Where can I find a more in-depth version?

The nerfs she received shouldn't have even been thought of. Loketest or no, there isn't an excuse for that.

Cool. Let's complain about Loke Test 1 for a new game about a character who received some buffs and some nerfs to make sure she doesn't become dumb.

Let's not complain about Litchi or Ragna, when Litchi lost all her mixup and Ragna lost all his EVERYTHING.

No idea what makes Potemkin so much better (next to no experience with GG), but I'm sure Tager can still be saved.

potemkin was a good character that got owned by other characters being simply better than he is. tager is a gimmick.

Ragna lost all his EVERYTHING.

No

the facts aren't clear enough to know if ragna has even lost that much yet, there's still a large variety of his combo choices even with 5D being some kind of weird float state we don't know about yet, in which case I can just see 5D(1)-GH combos becoming more common.

these changes do make me a little scared of later loketests though, he seems to be changing in a negative way atm, C'MON GIMME AN OVERHEAD THAT'S FASTER THAN 24 FRAMES(excluding TK GH for obvious reasons, where's my good normals)

for tsubaki

# j236A has more startup, and can't be used in combos.

and the other few changes besides her drive+B damage

what the fuck are they expecting us to get damage from

So im just gonna bust their ass into the air and have no finisher so they can just tech out of it and pummel my ass?

potemkin was a good character that got owned by other characters being simply better than he is. tager is a gimmick.

this, potemkin has a clear gameplan, contrary to tager who his gameplan is hope that his guimicks and the mistakes of the other player give him a chance :/

tager has good ideas, but they are implemented poorly

Double jumps, Super-Armor charges, Aerial GETB.

I think that Tager's Magnetism aspect is holding back. Because of how it pulls you in and all that junk. they're probably afraid to give tager something good to work with.

What I'd like to see for Tager is Hammerfall. I guess make Sledge like Hammerfall or something. Though that wouldn't really fix tager by any means, but I guess it would be a start.

im just gonna break this down.

potemkin was a terrible character in X, he had nothing. he was honestly tager: a useless gimmick. the two most important changes potemkin received were the following from X to XX -> Hammerbreak and hammerfall FRC. these two things ALONE made him a decent character because suddenly he better methods of approach, safe, repeatable pressure that actually wasnt braindead to beat etc. hammerfall being a good staple of his movelist transformed him from a grappler with useless shit to a character who had to work but had the necessary tools to win because if someone wanted to block, they could and potemkin got multiple chances to mix them up instead of a grand spanking number of one.

the reason thats IMPORTANT is because the single hardest aspect of playing a grappler is getting into a range where you can actually do something. once you do, a grappler should be KING FUCKING SHIT of that range. grapplers need good frame advantage, jump prevention (collider is not this by the way) and a way of keeping pressure without sacrificing their lifebar and momentum if the opponent has skill, aka they need safe, repeatable pressure (with limits). these are singlehandedly the most important tools a grappler NEEDS to be good. potemkin HAD all of these besides safe repeatable pressure. hammerfall frc and hammerbreak did just that.

now anyway, why was potemkin bad in XX and #R? because other characters were downright broken. i dont mean like, "s tier is good and shuts him down". I mean like these two games tierlists were dictated by just how bad of a job arc systems did designing their characters (though the cheap shit kind of balanced out in a cool way in #r). like, eddie and slayer basically fucked those games up so hard that your character strenght was "how badly do you get raped by them". i forgot the rest of the good characters but basically XX wasnt too discovered and eddie was so broke in XX that by the time #r was around people finally discovered how just how broken eddie was. like if people wetn back in time in the laters days of #R and made a tier list it would look like this;

SSSSGODSSSS++++S

eddie

s slayer

a who honestly gives a fuck?

thats the xx tier list. XX and #R werent really balanced games or anything, but potemkin was a good game trapped in "land of how you beat eddie" ps eddie still rapes potemkin because of his character design alone.

anyway then slash came out and most characters got put into check and potemkin suddenly became mid tier. then they fucked up and gave potemkin comboable slide head and he because high A in ac despite probably being solid without it. he has like the best oki in AC besides like slayer and millia because of slide head meaties and shit too. that shit rapes characters pretty damn hard. hes a solid stable character unless the matchup is eddie though.

part 2: tager

tager has literally nothing that makes a grappler good. he has a 720 and also does damage and has attacks. thats seriously it. he has no qualities of a good grappler. he has no jump prevention, his only safe repeatable pressure involves 236A RC or ceases to be pressure at all, his damage is mediocre outside of 720. but oh yeah, he has 720, so making him good would be the STUPIDEST MOVE IN THE WORLD. so tager will forever suck and have these fundamental problems.