Sign in to follow this  
Skye

BBCS II Loctest Discussion ~not "Complaining"~

maybe its because im accostumed by how they made many changes in every GG so thats why im not surprised :lol:

besides, considering that they are gonna take like a year+ to make the "true" sequel, i bet that they are gonna makes some "radical" changes to keep fresh the game until the next installment of BB

also dunno why but i have the feeling that they that they are gonna make varios CHANGES on the next BB on gameplay, mechanics, and movesets on every character

to be fair, i think that when asw says balance patch, they mean revision :rofl:

just look at it, they add 3 characters, change various stuff, apparently they add new fx (hakumen) and we dont know if they will add new animations or new moves o_O

so yeah im more willing to try BBCSII as a revision than a balance patch

But see there's the danger. As a revision what keeps it from making similar mistakes, or even worse mistakes than Regular CS or CT before it? Loke Testing can only filter out so much, though they do have the benefit this time around of it not being a new game so most glitches should be weeded out. I'm willing to give them benefit of the doubt until the game actually finishes testing though, I'm just staying wary.

im not worrying too much with the changes, in every local test they add a lot of stuff and remove a lot of stuff, like the FRC point on the VV of Sol on AC :v:

I was reading up the loketest's wiki and...

パリキャン削除でやることが無くなった。

If my terrible japanese is slightest right, it says that they didn't actually remove Parry Cancel (?).

From the way I was reading it seems like they said parry cancel wasn't possible off of 5B jump cancel on block.

Of course crappy google translate is crappy.

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> パリキャン削除でやることが無くなった。

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> zinac whats that say

[08:15] <zinac> become unable to barrier cancel

[08:15] <zinac> so RC?

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> wat

[08:15] <zinac> it says

[08:15] <Buhbuhj> parrykyan is parry cancel

[08:16] <Buhbuhj> you cant parry cancel anymore

[08:16] <zinac> "Since barrier cancel has been deleted, you can no longer do it"

[08:16] <zinac> literally

[08:16] <zinac> oh PARRY

[08:16] <zinac> couldn't see that circle ;)

This is what ken told me about Ara.

"First one, from 6A-JC, the damage is 6300. for arakune, you can think like very much nothing changed except the damage is like 60% now."

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> パリキャン削除でやることが無くなった。

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> zinac whats that say

[08:15] <zinac> become unable to barrier cancel

[08:15] <zinac> so RC?

[08:15] <@SprtJuice> wat

[08:15] <zinac> it says

[08:15] <Buhbuhj> parrykyan is parry cancel

[08:16] <Buhbuhj> you cant parry cancel anymore

[08:16] <zinac> "Since barrier cancel has been deleted, you can no longer do it"

[08:16] <zinac> literally

[08:16] <zinac> oh PARRY

[08:16] <zinac> couldn't see that circle ;)

Oh right, I've read it kinda wrong. Thank you, SJ.

Not that I'm opposed to them changing things up, but I think when most people heard "Balance Patch" they were not imagining something on this scale. The way it was being talked about you would have thought it was "A damage tweak there, increase proration on that, less heat gain off this move, etc."

Not flip the tier list, cock slap Ragna, Bang and Litchi on the way down and give Rachel and Tsubaki an elevator ride to Top Tier (Exaggeration, but you get the point).

Bottom line, I'm just concerned that rather than actual "Balance" all that will be created is a "Ok, these characters have their turn in the spotlight now" situation, as opposed to "Ok, all characters are pretty legit now".

But yeah, first test and all not too worried.

doing those things you mention wouldnt change a damn thing, rachel and tsubaki werent on the bottom simply because of pitiful damage. and the top three werent up there simply because of high damage

true, hazama chains just come out a little bit too fast...thats all they should change about him...maybe the distance they travel just shorten it just a little bit.

It weird, hazama, hakumen, lamada, carl, feel really balanced but shit on the low tier also though...i dont want them to nerf unnessary characters. just improve the lower ones, and definitley smash a nerf bat on the top 2.

litchi is far worst then rachel in ct. one hit from litchi and literally the match is over for you. it wasnt like that with rachel in ct.you had a chance to do some things and prevent her from pushing buttons.

doing those things you mention wouldnt change a damn thing, rachel and tsubaki werent on the bottom simply because of pitiful damage. and the top three werent up there simply because of high damage

Where did I say that it was going to change anything? I just said that most people imagined that was what they had in mind.

maybe its because im accostumed by how they made many changes in every GG so thats why im not surprised :lol:

Clearly nobody around here has played GG when things changed for it because they're panicking way too much. This is mundane and bare minimum change for a transition to a new GG game...Standard R&D man.

I said it before...you guys don't like it, switch to 1.01, at least in BBCS you CAN do that much. I miss GGXX Slash where you could play as Slash Sol and #Reload Sol, pick yer poison, Sidewinder or Dustloop, XD.

Now that I think about it...they should feature a CT Mode, so that people can play BBCT incarnations of characters, unchanged...hehe, CT Arakune would be....lololol

Your "elitism" never gets old man.

Lol@Litchi being worse than CT Rachel.

And am i to understand Ara took a damage nerf and that is all? Still don't get why some people are going nuts, first loke test for CS had some extreme changes, but im assuming those topics are dead. If this is final i guess im a bit salty that a good chunk of my ragna combos just became invalid ;).

Lol@2D> 2B being gone, lol ragna.

cs litchi requires more effort than ct rachel :psyduck:

Err no, bnb into corner, distortion free oki. At least Rachel has to plan her oki both are pretty retarded though. Plus Rachel had a bad matchup which has Nu. Litchi walks over or is equal to everything.

Pfft. So is Mu not playable? I kind of want to know if anything happened to her. I think she's pretty balanced as is I just hope they had more hitstun to her lasers.

Err no, bnb into corner, distortion free oki. At least Rachel has to plan her oki both are pretty retarded though. Plus Rachel had a bad matchup which has Nu. Litchi walks over or is equal to everything.
Wasn't Rachel-Nu 5-5 :psyduck:

Are people REALLY downplaying rachel? I thought it was pretty unanimous that CS top "3" with number 3 being interchangeable, had nothing on CT's top 3.

Except the "top 3" are now just "top 2" lolz. And the last person in the original "top 3" isn't even top 5 material.

Just how far will they fall? Ragna was already dropping like a rock before any of this loketest stuff, and from the looks of things he got hit the hardest of the 3 :/

cs litchi requires more effort than ct rachel :psyduck:

CS Litchi's excecution curve is much higher than CT Rachel's.

Come on, let's not kid ourselves.

Are people REALLY downplaying rachel? I thought it was pretty unanimous that CS top "3" with number 3 being interchangeable, had nothing on CT's top 3.

I guess people haven't played CT in a while, so they're forgetting how easy mode/auto-pilot CT Rachel was. And CS Litchi definitely needs more effort to win than CT Rachel.