Sign in to follow this  
Skye

BBCS II Loctest Discussion ~not "Complaining"~

i just read the changes of tager, 6a has super armor :kitty:

i hope that they add more super armor propierties to other moves of him

Fears realized, Tager viable.

Unfortunately America has zero say in any loke-test...so there you go.

You know, it was MikeZ who suggested omitting the hitbox on Arakune's clouds.

Trust me, you don't. Like Skye said, the game would be boring and stale. Not every character can be tournament viable, that's just how FGs are, I think not enough people are willing to accept that.

I don't agree with this. Getting characters so balanced that almost everything is 5-5 is a pipedream, yea. But it definitely should be the aim of FG deva to make it so hat the gaps between characters aren't something that a little skill can overcome.

A game doesn't have to be out the ass broken to be fun.

Nice editing. What was GGACs worst matchup?

Wasn't it OS v Potemkin? Or Eddie v Potemkin?

johny vs zappa actually

Fears realized, Tager viable.

tager would need more than this, but i think that its a good start, of course imo they should add the armor effect to his 2D, with the 6A it seems that they are trying to pull another guimick of magnetism, since from what i read it has supoer armor, is chargeable, and has more magnetism pull

6A super armor + speed could probably make 6A an effective/non-situational anti-air for Tager, which is what he needs. I'd be willing to part with the ability to jump cancel, but the problem is that 6A is probably still horribly unsafe on block, and he doesn't have a lot of safe gatling options after 6A. Regardless, I can't really make a conclusion until I see some videos.

So... Will the "balance" patch actually make our game CSII? I've been wondering this since the announcement of the arcade version. I know no one here will have a real answer but an educated geuss would be appreciated. If it doesn't I guess it won't matter since we'll be playing the same game.

EDIT: Noob question. What is super armor in this game?

Wow, somebody doesn't read posts, I said, "nigh impossible Online". Unfortunately, Online comp is all I tend to get, so even if I can do it Offline IRL, the point is MOOT.

As for your question of "why America could have any say"...I think sales figures might have something to do with it. :8/:

Lol@sales figures, as i said, why would america have any say in balance changes. It's not impossible online since Jins have done it o:. You make it sound like its parry loop online or something.

And you said "No one will consistently learn them offline" which is bullshit.

Depending on how long the super armor frames are and if they hold through the delay, it could even be used to bait DPs ongadget finger wakeup, making it a lot safer and more reward opportunities.

But it definitely should be the aim of FG deva to make it so hat the gaps between characters aren't something that a little skill can overcome.

But where's the satisfaction?

I sure as hell feel damn proud of myself overcoming a 6-4 against a competent opponent, that's the hype of fighting game, beyond execution, mix ups and footsies, all of which are expected from a player, the gimmicks and match ups are what makes the scene.

There's nothing wrong with a challenging match up, and the game doesn't have to be broke to have challenging match ups.

You want characters to be as diverse and as balanced as possible. That's almost impossible to do both.

However, as long as the tiers are relatively compressed, people shouldn't be complaining. If you look at CS's tiers, and look at the matchups, I'd say that the majority of the cast is tournament viable.

So... Will the "balance" patch actually make our game CSII? I've been wondering this since the announcement of the arcade version. I know no one here will have a real answer but an educated geuss would be appreciated. If it doesn't I guess it won't matter since we'll be playing the same game.

my educated guess is that yes, the balance patch would make our BBCS, BBCSII

6A super armor + speed could probably make 6A an effective/non-situational anti-air for Tager, which is what he needs. I'd be willing to part with the ability to jump cancel, but the problem is that 6A is probably still horribly unsafe on block, and he doesn't have a lot of safe gatling options after 6A. Regardless, I can't really make a conclusion until I see some videos.

its the same thing that i was thinking

Depending on how long the super armor frames are and if they hold through the delay, it could even be used to bait DPs ongadget finger wakeup, making it a lot safer and more reward opportunities.

i would came buckets if it ends like that, :lol:

But where's the satisfaction?

I sure as hell feel damn proud of myself overcoming a 6-4 against a competent opponent, that's the hype of fighting game, beyond execution, mix ups and footsies, all of which are expected from a player, the gimmicks and match ups are what makes the scene.

There's nothing wrong with a challenging match up, and the game doesn't have to be broke to have challenging match ups.

Well you're in luck because you'll never ever play a game with nothing but 5-5 matchups and possessing crazy different characters like Guilty Gear or something. It's not humanly possible.

Should of been more specific, I meant worst AC matchup numberwise did Ark actually get it down to 6-4?

AC is the most balanced fighter isn't it?

Wow where do i begin; the dash "links" as you call them are fine, it actually makes the combos hard, you know so that every character cant be mastered in 1 day in training mode, its fine. Online it sucks though, but online should never even be taken seriously the game is meant to be played offline.

Even if you say that, I honestly believe that Hard combos should be reserved for high-damage rewards, like 6-8k...easy to medium combos should be delegated to 2-5k range. Hard combos shouldn't be a factor in rebalancing a fighting game. Setups and pokes and advantages should take priority. Any character who has to struggle to eke out 4k isn't very fun IMHO.

Even if you say that, I honestly believe that Hard combos should be reserved for high-damage rewards, like 6-8k...easy to medium combos should be delegated to 2-5k range. Hard combos shouldn't be a factor in rebalancing a fighting game. Setups and pokes and advantages should take priority. Any character who has to struggle to eke out 4k isn't very fun IMHO.

Whats hard and whats not hard is subjective. Some people find hazama's combos hard, and others scoff at the idea. Nothing in BB is "hard" so to speak, especially compared to something like GG.

Also, Difficulty and effectiveness are not related concepts. Just because something is easy doesn't mean it should be weak and visa-versa. However, things should not be hard just for the sake of being hard.

I thought you could just go 6A > 2C > 4D if they block.

And don't forget that people actually like broken shit. That's why the PS2 port of 3rd Strike flopped so hard, they tried patching out stuff like Urien's unblockables and "balancing" the roster and no one liked it. 3rd Strike and MvC2 still see tournament play, and those games were released in 1999 and 2000, respectively. I'd rather play a game where only 5 characters are viable, but they're really well constructed and have a lot of depth to them; a game where everyone is viable, but the devs took no risks and no one has any interesting mechanics would suck. That's why the only thing SF4 is only good as a coaster and 3rd Strike is the best SF game ever. But I digress.

What's wrong with 2C? :razz: It hits behind Tager after all. I think being unable to jump cancel 6A really hurts Tager because he can't follow up with anything safe. There seems to be a general trend of adding new gatlings, so maybe he'll be able to to do 6A > 5C. But yeah, like you said, won't pass judgment until I see it in action.

@mAc Chaos: There's a 4F gap between 6A and 2C, 9F if they IB, which any competent player should be able to do. So while that's his safest option, it still sucks :lol:

Or jc B, 360B or 3C its anything but unsafe on block unless its Instant blocked, jump canceling removed isn't necessarily a bad thing though, since now you can 720 it.

Should of been more specific, I meant worst AC matchup numberwise did Ark actually get it down to 6-4?

AC is the most balanced fighter isn't it?

The I-no May matchup according to the I-no forums is 2:8.

4D is only marginally safe on block. IB is -5, which some characters can punish reliably.

Just saying being able to jump cancel it would be the safest option.

Also, Difficulty and effectiveness are not related concepts. Just because something is easy doesn't mean it should be weak and visa-versa. However, things should not be hard just for the sake of being hard.

I've thought about this for a long time, and while I agree in concept, I disagree in practice. Think about it. We have two series here (GG/BB) that are so diverse that there is practically no hope of ever making things completely even. We can get close, but things will most likely never even out completely. Now, assuming we get close, which characters would you rather be on the top end? The easy ones or the difficult ones? If we have to have a top and a bottom, I think it only makes sense to have the difficult ones at the top and the easy ones at the bottom. It encourages diverse play. Beginners could jump on low and still be effective (assuming the game is reasonably balanced), and advanced players would get an edge for working extra hard. If things were the other way, you would only have an incentive for both beginners and veterans to play ez modo. There would be little to no incentive to play the other characters, tier-wise.