Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumm-Ra

[CS2] Arakune's Loketest Metamorphosis Discussion

できるっちゃできるらしい。でもどうやるのかは不明

Seems like the bird>bird>wheel not being possible was a mistake, since it got strikethrough here, now it says something along the lines of "bird>bird>wheel still possible, but unclear how", if someone can figure a proper tranlsation It'd be very appreciated.

I want to know which bird they are talking about j.6 a, b or c bird. Not canceling to wheel on all of them just seems crappy.

hmm been studying the blog changes and from my own interpretation im getting a different translation then what was said...

D bug UP happens faster, and D bug Down has less hitstun and comes down faster.. this kinda ties in with the same move proration with wheels and dive..

technically you can combo without both wheels and dive and only use bugs.. then same move proration wouldn't matter.. most of the damage is done with D bug anyways.. in past translations they said D bug did less but from what i see on the blog it doesn't say that.. damage reduction is coming from wheel and dive only..

i think this has potential to actually break arakune into top tier.. it seems to me they've buffed arakune curse once we figure optimal curse combos and new setups (since D bug timings all weird now) and well kinda weakened arakune precurse (depending on how much we curse on block)

the new combo might look something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBQTMpfCc4g at 1:07 on tao (minus the taunts XD )

But didn't the D bug get a damage nerf to compensate for the possibilty of increased reps? The decreased hitstun might also make the combo fail near the end before the damage reaches any large numbers. Faster D bug doesn't neccessarily mean more mixup either, since it's only used to guard break to begin with. :v:

Still, one wheel and one dive loop, combined with one or two bug loops should already break 6k if the D bug proration isn't horrid now, so it's not that terrible. Not that great either though, so meh.

Better recurse setups pl0x. =( FRC/Forcebreak cloud summon pl0x. =( Dive cancel on block again pl0x. =( AERIAL FORCEBREAK DRILLS PL0X!!1! =(

I don't know, it looks like our new combos aren't going to be loops, it'll look more like 1 rep of wheel, 1 rep of dive, 1 rep of 6c, some ghetto 2c launcher with b bug > a bug > d bug to keep them in, ???, profit.

So basically they nerf an already crappy way of mind games (the teleports), they're nerfing the loop - which is the only thing worth doing in curse considering how hard it is to get in, and they made it even harder to curse? Welcome to Rachel-tier guys!

They need to give arak better normals that don't get beat out by EVERYTHING, more curse options, and a j.d that actually trades blows again. Oh, and if anything the teleport fake-outs should be buffed, not nerfed. What are they thinking?

Arakune:

+ f of g leads into combos. Easier to mark (?)

Well... you could always do F of G>wait until launch>walk>5D>JC>j.A>j.C>j.D...

Unless they made the super not suck this change(?) is rather useless.

We don't know exactly how much it scales now, it could still be useful. No way of knowing without video footage.

Looks like you can combo into F of G now, wonder how? did 5D get more hitstun?

I sure hope so.

EDIT:

F of G now hits wherever the opponent is standing, this might prove very useful against the other zoners, awesome!

I don't think it is.

It's like an unblockable slidehead.

Cute.

Surely this new F of G will be like Hazama's 632146C. You can use it as a reversal against far away zoners, like swords and lobelia.

As for comboing into it, maybe it effects downed opponents?

Surely this new F of G will be like Hazama's 632146C. You can use it as a reversal against far away zoners, like swords and lobelia.

As for comboing into it, maybe it effects downed opponents?

It SHOULD still count. Many times I've downed players, buffer into FoG and only to have it fail.

Considering Arakune is terrible in every single way now, I don't think an anti-zoner distortion is all that OP. FoG always gave you 100% curse, you just had to do 5D, ja jb jc jd. Also, this means we wouldn't be able to do his laser super as much, which is his only reversal.

None have been announced.

It's bees, a loop will be found. Hell I concocted this janky ass 2c loop once, maybe we could use that if the d bug's speed doesn't fuck it up.

And if all else fails...

I don't know, it looks like our new combos aren't going to be loops, it'll look more like 1 rep of wheel, 1 rep of dive, 1 rep of 6c, some ghetto 2c launcher with b bug > a bug > d bug to keep them in, ???, profit.