Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumm-Ra

[CS2] Arakune's Loketest Metamorphosis Discussion

Well, think of it this way, even if it was blockable, in the same situation, they would just jump.

It's a minor balance detail, it's still comboable and still gives 100% curse.

I'm good.

Well, think of it this way, even if it was blockable, in the same situation, they would just jump.

It's a minor balance detail, it's still comboable and still gives 100% curse.

I'm good.

Then with all that blockableness i would throw in the ability to pull off FoG on a downed opponent.

So the third loketest is over, we got cool things to do with meter, but got nerfed quite a bit, j.C having more proration, the slowest jump in the game right now, this coupled with the new air unblockables and the fact that Arakune's backdash got worse means that we'll be in deep shit when we get pressured if things stay like this.

Gotta step our blocking game up.

We need to see the extent of how nerfed backdash has gotten, it may still be useful, just not a get out of pressure free card.

Seriously, can certain people just please stop posting about Arakune in the loketest thread unless they actually know what the hell they're talking about? The amount of stupidity Arakune players in particular are spouting is absolutely ridiculous. Next loketest is the last one, whining isn't going to change anything. How about we actually discuss ways to adapt to changes instead?

Seriously, can certain people just please stop posting about Arakune in the loketest thread unless they actually know what the hell they're talking about? The amount of stupidity Arakune players in particular are spouting is absolutely ridiculous. Next loketest is the last one, whining isn't going to change anything. How about we actually discuss ways to adapt to changes instead?

Haha....how well did that go for the Rachel players when CS first came out?

Anyway, I still opine that some of these changes are completely counter intuitive to a balanced game/character. Lets just hope that we get something to compensate for the nerfs or get some of the nerfs removed.

Any idea if F o G will give curse on block. To be honest though, I don't think it's that great of a buff, we need the meter for the laser super to make them respect Arakune.

We need laser for them to respect our get up, but if we're on the offensive, some meter for 100% curse is well worth it, consider that curse is even harder to gain.

Ok guys, this has gotten out of hand. So, here's your one and only warning: Any more off topic conversation will result in this thread getting locked. Any infringing parties will get an infraction/ban as well.

So the nerfs this time around were the bell bug being summoned farther and 6A becoming slower then? 6A actually won't change that much then, pretty useless as mixup before, useless as mixup now. 6D summoned farther will definitely affect midscreen recurse setups though, no more oki recurses. Can't see how it will affect his precurse game right now though. 5A > 6B gatling would also be nice if you could combo without rapid now, but I highly doubt that.

Any news on the 6 frame jump nerf being reverted? Also, would FC2C combos relaunching with 5A > jA even work anymore, or will we have to go straight into jA?

Edit: No wait, would going straight into jA even combo anymore? :v:

Edit 2: Nevermind about the 5A > 6B thing. Comprehension fail. :vbang:

4B = standing 6B in CS1

6B = 6B part in 5a 6B

I guess that's a nice change if you can IB. Same startup frames at 5A.

I wouldn't call the new inputs buffs and yeah IB>6B seems nice but eh, nothing we couldn't do before with 5A starter.

The only real buff I see is 5B>4B(old 6B). Since its a low we can use it for mixup I guess? But then again since 5B doesn't have any ground overhead gatlings it doesn't matter much... Who does anything but 5D after 5B on a standing opponent anyways.

It's not a buff.

5b > (old) 6b gatling'd in CS1 and CT, it's just as useless now as it was then.

You guys really need to try to look at ways to deal with the nerfs instead of putting your character in a wheelchair before you've ever played him. Seriously.

Even if you're right, you should learn to deal with it or switch characters if it's too large a problem. Start ideating ways around his new problems so that when they're there, you won't be SOL.