Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumm-Ra

[CS2] Arakune's Loketest Metamorphosis Discussion

@Moonrunes: Google says "if branding and (?)Ketai gauge, came out of some need to (?)Shi(?)I.

Confirmed by who?

Google translator? I've got someone who says its "not fast enough?" instead of "rate accelerated?", but then again he's not really sure.

Confirmed by skye bitching about how bad he is going to be.

The last time that happened we got infinite loops and A tier.

Adam, you don't wanna troll me.

u_mad_by_DisFable.png

@Moonrunes: Google says "if branding and (?)Ketai gauge, came out of some need to (?)Shi(?)I.

Confirmed by skye bitching about how bad he is going to be.

The last time that happened we got infinite loops and A tier.

u_mad_by_DisFable.png

Is it funny that I actually know this person in the image and talk to him every single day?

e: also, 6 second clouds aren't that bad i suppose if it means that. how long do they usually last?

also stop using google translator and just let a person do it, way more accurate and saves us the trouble of guessing a vague translator.

e: also, 6 second clouds aren't that bad i suppose if it means that. how long do they usually last?

Forever.

tl;dr: Until your opponent absorbs them, or you are hit.

can we stop the skye prodding? i'ts not helpin anything

clouds used to last 20 seconds iirc, so basically forever

Really? Well then again even if it did have a long duration (like 20 seconds), they'd probably already be absorbed or you'd get hit. Considering the teleport and jump nerfs, i guess it could be a nerf, but i suppose it can be easily worked around once we get our hands on him.

I would really appreaciate if people didn't take google translations as granted, specially cryptic ones like:

Yes, I do know that google translator says that, or babelfish or whatever, I don't give half a shit. Also try to keep your lovey-dovey bussiness in private messages or Facebook or AIM or Metroflog or whatever you kids use these days, I don't care, just don't do it in the thread.

Thank you.

「ゲージや烙印を付けたい場合、ある程度差し合いをする必要が出てきた。」

Here's the translation: If you want to place curse or increase your (Curse) meter, you will need to go to some degree on the offensive. English isn't my first language, so if I messed up the wording please excuse me.

F of G can be comboed into, easier to tack on curses with meter.

F of G autoaims on the opponent.

F of G gives you 100% curse, probably can't use it to recurse afterwards.

I need to admit first of all that I've never played as Arakune so I don't have /that/ much of an idea what I'm talking about, or people tend to yell at me. Which is why this is a question.

How do these three points not lead to eruption of celebration? This whole thread seems to be moping, even if I can see why.

Like yeah I get that curse being not an instawin is rough when you already had to work sort of hard for it (against the faster cast members anyway) and I get that curse has mostly been made even harder to do... But a move adding an instant curse with CS' curse time as pretty insane.

It's not as if huge-damage loops was all Curse had. It's extremely hard to guard, and even if you do guard it all you're likely to suffer a guard crush. If you get guard crushed, you're almost certainly going to eat either 5k damage or a recurse. It does a ton of chip damage. Even tiny random off-hits are likely to do at least 4k, and reset options are among the best in the game.

The potential for crazy shit is there. I know his normals are terrible, unsafe, etc, but maybe Arakune players will just have to take more risks, ie the exact opposite of the CS1 Arakune playstyle. 100% curse isn't exactly a small reward.

I need to admit first of all that I've never played as Arakune so I don't have /that/ much of an idea what I'm talking about, or people tend to yell at me. Which is why this is a question.

How do these three points not lead to eruption of celebration? This whole thread seems to be moping, even if I can see why.

Like yeah I get that curse being not an instawin is rough when you already had to work sort of hard for it (against the faster cast members anyway) and I get that curse has mostly been made even harder to do... But a move adding an instant curse with CS' curse time as pretty insane.

It's not as if huge-damage loops was all Curse had. It's extremely hard to guard, and even if you do guard it all you're likely to suffer a guard crush. If you get guard crushed, you're almost certainly going to eat either 5k damage or a recurse. It does a ton of chip damage. Even tiny random off-hits are likely to do at least 4k, and reset options are among the best in the game.

The potential for crazy shit is there. I know his normals are terrible, unsafe, etc, but maybe Arakune players will just have to take more risks, ie the exact opposite of the CS1 Arakune playstyle. 100% curse isn't exactly a small reward.

1) Curse is not harder to block. Overheads are the exact same speed. Just jump back and barrier block. By the time we get you on the ground and get through your defense, curse is over.

2) 5k isn't that great when you consider Bang does 3k off any hit. Hazama does 2.5K safely, Litchi does 3.5+k with fantastic oki. Plus, curse is hard to get AND you need to get past their defense.

3) Arakune's heat gain outside of curse is terrible. You see the dilema of relying on a 50% Heat Super to get us curse when we can't get the heat in the first place.

4) You have to remember that by the time we get 50% Heat, the curse gauge will be filled up a bit anyway. So it's rarely going to give us a total of 100% curse. Also, the Laser Super gives 80% curse anyway, and that's a reversal. So it isn't really that great.

Here's the translation: If you want to place curse or increase your (Curse) meter, you will need to go to some degree on the offensive. English isn't my first language, so if I messed up the wording please excuse me.

What? So we have to be on top of our opponent to get curse (or heat)? It really puzzles me since our pre-curse game is rock bottom.

I need to admit first of all that I've never played as Arakune so I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, or people tend to yell at me. Which is why this is a question.

Maybe if you actually read the thread, instead of scanning past 2 pages, you'd have seen the celebration.

Aside from that, I can't stand people who don't play Arakune, then start talking when the only thing they know about him is how to be free vs him. If you think CS1 Ara doesn't take risks, you must be free as fuck vs him. That's all his precurse game is, risky shit. Learn to block or break an air grab and maybe you'd understand a bit.

Just a bit.

Ok, I'm legitimately getting sick of this thread. New Rules, make sure your friends know!

Because 90% of the people commenting in this thread have proven to me you cannot have a reasonable discussion, there are now only a few things that may be posted:

1) Copy & Pasted notes of the original Japanese loketest notes.

2) Translations of #1

3) Questions to CLARIFY the notes from #1 or #2.

4) Answers to #3.

IF ANYONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE, POSTS ANYTHING THAT IS NOT WITHIN THESE 4, THE THREAD WILL BE CLOSED AND INFRACTIONS GIVEN.

Was it confirmed that this was the last loketest? between Loketest 1 and Loketest 2, we had no idea if there was going to be another Loketest. Or at least I didn't :v:

Thanks for the translation, seems more like strategy tips than a change, although you can say that this basically means that Arakune's zoning game got hit pretty hard.

I'm probably gonna regret reviving this thread, but does the 5C (2nd part) of his rekka still have P1 100? I'm pretty sure you guys can figure out why I wanna know this. ;D

So, I was thinking about the changes today and thought about some of the supposed "nerfs". For example, the bell bug being summoned farther...when you think about it, the new bell bug combined with (I'm assuming would be) our more use of the new 6b (old 5a>6b) seems like more of a good thing as they'd be locked at the edge of the screen with a bell bug directly above and in front of them....that, combined with a cloud/2D could prove to be useful as a zoning tool.

Another thing however: "More chances to curse by offensive approach. Zoning isn't as effective"... i know this one is unconfirmed, but if it is true, then why on earth are they reducing arakune's offensive options and normals to complete garbage if they want us to play rushdown pre-curse? These kinds of changes make me think the developers don't actually play the game at all. Sigh...

Thoughts?

Thoughts are:

They should make 6D a far away Party Bug and 4D a normal one.

I really like this idea.

By the way, how is 6D's position a definite nerf? It's impossible to tell either way without any real gameplay.

Well, my hypothetical situation shows the new bell bug in a positive light and useful when combined with the new 6B as a zoning tool (especially if 6B gatlings from anything other than 5a now; 2a > 5b > 6b > bell bug or 4jb > 6b > bell bug could be some possibilities.)