Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumm-Ra

[CS2] Arakune's Loketest Metamorphosis Discussion

We don't know for sure if 5b gatlings into our new 6b.

The main reason why his new 6D is a nerf is because it affects his oki recurse setups on prolonged combos. No one can tell how it will affect his zoning game at this point of time though.

We don't know for sure if 5b gatlings into our new 6b.

I know, I was just presenting a theoretical situation in which the new bell bug wouldn't be so much a bad thing.

+ Arakune's bird (j.6[A/B/C]) has been returned to BBCS version.

Not a big change, but cool I guess? I mean, it was just harder to use before, right?

EDIT:

Lots of changes, I'm not really sure about the FoG recurse... I hope it doesn't stick. I feel like they're changing what didn't really need a change.

After looking over the latest changes and the color coded stuff, it seems like Arakune is still going to be a hell of a character. Non of his nerfs seem all that bad.

hmm they listed 6d bell bug falling faster as a minus.. if it falls fast enough it might make corner unblockables more viable

clouds moving faster imo will help in some matchups... edge teleporting will make the armor cloud harder to avoid although you only have to dodge it for 6 seconds...

damage seems to have gone back up alittle so im guessing they either lowered or removed the same move proration on wheel or damage is up somehow from D bugs

I don't know about making corner unblockables viable, since the bell is summon further away now, theoretically, we would have to be further away from the corner to summon it right under them, which could give them time to escape.

Just thought I'd transfer some more information from the 5th loketest for everyone (and step out of the shadows). Taken from the 5th loketest discussion thread:

Arakune

- ☆JBの攻撃レベル減少

- j.B attack level reduced

original post: I got your post RIGHT HERE!

More or less a universal change, but Instant Block (IB) is now 2-3f less recovery as opposed to 5f.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I guess I should blame myself for not knowing this, but that would make 5A on IB 3-4f of start up as opposed to 1f, or would it still be 5f on start up but would come out earlier due to less recovery?

Startup always remains the same.

The time that you're out of blockstun to start your move is what is lessened with IB.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess it would make people deal with pressure a bit longer, especially Arakune. His backdash recovery is nerfed, and I suppose IB 5A or new 6B won't be as strong. But then again, final product will determine that, so no worries on my end. I honestly can't wait to try new Ara.

I guess Party Bug's change is considered a nerf since now that it falls faster it stays less time in the field.

Also, j.B's level got reduced? ouch.

j4B got attack level nerf? Won't that make FC combos on characters like u-12 (jB(2)) or Makoto (jAA > jB) obsolete? Or anyone where jB is used on the second rep or where delays are involved? :v:

Also, time to learn those 5D > jA > j4A combos instead of the easy mode jB combos everyone. =3

Depends on the starter and system though...just because he can might not make it practical. Plus, with the nerfs to pre-curse, we'll be lucky to actually curse them in the first place.

But yeah, recurse is sexy, nonetheless.

EDIT: Theoretically, in what situations will the Fast but Shorter cloud be useful? Against Zoners?

It's to fuck with spacing and positioning, while Arakune is on the offensive.

It won't be that good vs zoners unless under specific circumstances.