Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-KT21

[CS2] Jin Changes in BBCS2 location test. NO WISHLISTS

SHTKN EDIT:

Let's keep this separated from the gameplay discusison thread. I'll try to keep this post updated

9/9/2010:

-2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)

-B musou knocks down again

10/9/2010

- 5D much faster, comboable from 5C. Freeze time of 5D shortened dramatically. can't combo off it at all

- Sekkajin pushback on hit has been reduced to very little. much easier to get all 8 hits from it

- 3rd hit of forward throw prorates better (more damaging combos from it)

- 2C slightly faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRTlj2fhoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FMhLlalZZI

10/16/2010

+ 5C air unblockable (barrier guard works).

- 3C techable now. Can still do 3C > 214B. 3C > 623B works too

- 6A forces crouch, can't special cancel. ( ≖‿≖)

- 5D slower, freeze still as short.

+ 5B > 6A gatling added. Of course, it doesn't combo.

+ 2B > 5B gatling added.

+ 6A can't be punished (unless you IB). Will combo into 5C on CH.

+ 623C has more untech time, unairtechable from a ground hit. on CH you can dash in 5C

+ Less proration on forward throw's third hit.

- 5C has less range, but doesn't really matter except for those character specific combos

- 2D is slower. Still faster than it was in CT, j.C(counter)>2D is little bit harder now

- More proration on back throw.

- 2C back to CS1 speed

Changes on final loketest (11/15/2010):

+2C>5C gatling, easy to confirm for fatal , can't do the 2nd 2C

+sekkajin knockback decreases a lot

+b musou knockdowns, even the air version

+6A still can't be punished normally. (must IB),

+2B >5B gatling added, cant do 2nd 2B

+forward throw(3) has better proration

+rehhyou has longer recovery (but does it matter much?) , on CH you can combo to dash-in 5C for a decent damage

+2D is so much faster

+ Yukikaze now does 3080 damage

+ j.B seems to be bit faster than CS, but slower than CT

+ Jin 6A breaks primer on block

+ jump is now 4F startup (was 5F in CS1)

- 623D seems to have the same move proration, combos with 2 623D's involved pretty much don't work anymore (less dmg for corner loops?)

- 3C techable

- 5C has less reach

- 6A still forces crouch (5C>6C gatling from rapid possible) , still cant be special cancellable

-5D speed is slower than the loketest at akihabara , freezetime still as quick (can't combo into anything), still combo from 5C.

- back throw prorated really bad

-6D doesn't break primer anymore

- throw is not cancellable anymore, but you can combo with dash 6C and does something around 2000

- air throw is not cancellable into anything too

NOTE: changes from older location tests still apply unless otherwise stated

--------------ORIGINAL POST --------------------

Jin:

2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)

B musou knocks down again

They are Jin's buffs. Why 2C>5C? I don't get it, what can we get out of it? I'm really asking because you guys know more about him than I do. Why can't they put 5C > 6C instead T_T?

They are Jin's buffs. Why 2C>5C? I don't get it, what can we get out of it? I'm really asking because you guys know more about him than I do. Why can't they put 5C > 6C instead T_T?

If it works on block, you could add 2C to a block string, gatling into 5C and jump cancel. Either continue pressure or make your strings end safely. Better than having to end with a 236A.

Fatal counter combos.

What can you do with a 5C that you can't do with a 6C? Unless they improved the proration on 5C, I don't see much of a point in adding more to combos, aside from possible meter gain.

What can you do with a 5C that you can't do with a 6C? Unless they improved the proration on 5C, I don't see much of a point in adding more to combos, aside from possible meter gain.

ground combos.

Well you can have some very long combos now not just off a 2C fatal but a 236236D>RC combos too.

Theoretically you can probably do:

2C (FCH)>5C>2C>6C>2D>6B>5C>2C>5C>6C>5C>hjc>J.C>J.214D>(Land dash) 6C>214C

So longer combos with more damage, heat etc

Or maybe:

236236D>RC>TAUNT>6B>2C>5C>2C>5C>6C>2C>hjc>J.C>J.2C>jc>J.2C>214D>6C>214C

Although I'm theorising a 214D>2C>5C>214C finisher instead of 6C>214C. Although things can change as it is only the first loketest.

Could just be me but I have this gut feeling that Jin will be top tier with this balance change...

"2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)"

If these changes stick, neither of those combos would work. Besides, doing 5C that early would work against you, since it currently has an 85% P2.

That's what I said up top.

shit, I missed that.... sorry.

EDIT: so.... 214B knocks down again, so we have better oki ground options.... of course it'll probably be immediately techable like 214C, but hey at least we'll be closer and can actually do something about it.

"2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)"

If these changes stick, neither of those combos would work. Besides, doing 5C that early would work against you, since it currently has an 85% P2.

Oh right. I'm officially a dumbass now.

Well it will have slightly longer combos in Fatals now and my theorised OTG ender (although i doubt it will work).

You could always end with 214B, since it knocks down again.

It might be possible to do 5C > 2C > 5C on someone in the air (they'd probably have to be pretty low to start off), which would help out with come combos I've been trying to work on. I'm glad they're giving him a slight buff. I was worried that everyone below him would get a buff, but he'd be left alone, making him worse by comparison. Despite his CT-CS nerfs, he's still pretty solid, so he doesn't need much.

5c > 6c would be stupid good considering how its one of the major ways he gets damage

more gatlings = more options and options are always good

Ragna could 5b > 6a and nobody complained about it. He still will be able to 5b > 5c > 5d > dash cancel > 5c > JC > j.C > JC > j.C > Belial Edge and nobody will complain about it. I'm not sure to get it... Is it because Jin can actually add in-between a 214D to continue his combo that it's considered so good?

I mean, at max range, lots of characters can lead to their air combo with their best pokes while Jin cannot, he needs CH or the opponent to be crouching. Meaning that we go for 5B > 2B > 3C or 5B > 5C > 3C (or depending on which one we usually choose to do.)

I'm not bitching but actually making comparison to understand better. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm by no means a pro and simply want to clearly get the whole picture. :eng101:

Do you believe that they'll tweak with his hitboxes a little? 5C's cape hitbox is ridiculously ridiculous.

EDIT: Forget what I've said, I've been watching videos after videos and finally understand the whole 5C>6C being broken business.

jin pretty much got buffed..

the top tiers got nerfed to hell....

I hope jin is decent tier now lol..., no one can do 4k meterless with super good oki anymore lol

I doubt that 5C > 2C > 5C will be possible considering the fact that gatlings usually don't allow you to repeat the same move twice. I don't see how 2C > 5C is the change he needs though. Everybody's pretty much agreed on a longer 5C or better 5D. I don't see why ArcSys, out of all the complaints, chose to add this.

Hopefully they remove the inactive time of j.236D.

I await the day Jin can freeze twice in the same combo without use of 25 heat....

That would be so retarded good, haha. I don't see it happening at all.

I guess what's safe for Jin now would be 5B > 2B > 2C > 5C > Jump.

Arc Sys might be wary that Jin might be buffed too much again. They probably don't want CT Jin back. And personally, I think 5C won't get buffed. It has a good speed, and if the range was too good then it might be equivalent to Ragna's 5B.

Would 2C getting head invincibility (like Arakune's 5C) be too good?

How about hit confirming with something safe?

2C frame traps = much more safe now, if you get a FC you can confirm it off the 5C and go into 6Cxx whatever you want, if they blocked the 2C you can gatling to 5C with much safer options.

Also, a lot of characters in GG could do 6P>5S>6P or 5S>6P>5S, so being able to 5C>2C>5C might not be that imporbable, considering they only mentioned that Jin will not be able to 2C twice in the same chain.